Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OLY had a decent team but the release of two mediocre players and the signing of another spanish failure...Dorsey changed the team to better.Anyway the serie have more episodes yet
    1st in IBN 2018-2019
    2nd in IBN 2016-2017
    2nd in IBN 2015-2016
    1st in IBN 2014-2015
    2nd in IBN 2013-2014
    2nd in IBN 2012-2013
    2nd in IBN 2010-2011
    3nd in IBN 2009-2010
    1st in IBN 2008-2009
    2nd in IBN 2007-2008

If you love player and team comparisons, please join me in my channels
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIT...JLx5BerQtam9_A
    https://www.facebook.com/sport.rankings.10
    @RankingsSport

Comment

Printezis, Acie Law, Joey Dorsey, Kyle Hines, amazing performance! Congrats to Ivkovic and his boys!!! 0-1!!!

Comment

Printezis' motivation after the Malaga failure was sky high. His increased responsabilities within a rebuilding team offered him the ideal circumstances to rebound and come back big. He clearly worked on his game and especially his shot, which he never was affraid to take anyway (remember the 2009 Eurobasket QF against Turkey...). He never was nor will he ever become a star. But he clearly is one of those very good (role) players who often make the difference at the highest level, just like tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by CG View Post
          OLY had a decent team but the release of two mediocre players and the signing of another spanish failure...Dorsey changed the team to better.Anyway the serie have more episodes yet
          I wonder if Ivkovic signed the college guys knowing he would be in a strong bargaining position with the owners to get a couple of more experienced and expensive replacements if Oly made the top 16...

Comment

I dont think so
            Judging from ivcovic past and if i remember correctly most of the times he picks wrong foreign players for the role he want to play.anyway signing someone during winter is like lottery pick.especially if you have a high level el team and demands that follow.dorsey is good not because he has the talent ,because he does not,but because he makes tone things for his team especially in defence where OLY had a big hole with the old ship papadopoulos and short hines.he suits very well in oly.
            1st in IBN 2018-2019
            2nd in IBN 2016-2017
            2nd in IBN 2015-2016
            1st in IBN 2014-2015
            2nd in IBN 2013-2014
            2nd in IBN 2012-2013
            2nd in IBN 2010-2011
            3nd in IBN 2009-2010
            1st in IBN 2008-2009
            2nd in IBN 2007-2008

@RankingsSport

Comment

Good game so far - the best one quality- and suspense-wise among all first QF games. And I must note that Hines is already an elite forward - Olympiacos made a classy investment signing him. Who can guess that this guy was playing in LegaDue year and a half ago? He is so small, only 196 cm height, but he is at the same time physically superior to guys 15-20 cm taller than him. No one can box him out on rebounding and he has a great intuition and quickness for his massive stature.
              Forget to post it on time... so these are my afterthoughts - this is the first surprise of play-offs and, you know, Olympiacos definitely made substantial progress at last time. Still I think that chances are higher for Siena but it very well could be most tense series instead of Pao-MTA. Yet Oly is in desperate need of good pass-first playmaker 'cause Acie Law clearly underperforms in Europe and isn't suited for Duda's style. Good sign for them is that they become more and more Spanoulis-independent and could win crucial games without relying solely on him doing clutch wonders. Siena played too much slow combinations oriented on Andersen this evening - more Bo-induced dexterity, mobility and background-oriented game could put Piraeus team in a difficult situation. I hope for more interesting and high-quality bball in these pair - surprisingly (and this is a lucky surprise!) Olympiacos became a whole different team than their shaky beginning-of-season self and can definitely play on par with Europe's finest.
              2013/2014 IBN Euroleague Prediction Game Winner

Thrash 'till Death!

Comment

Originally posted by Turkish Airlines Euroleague View Post
                Italian Mafia killed Spanoulis with his invisible 5th foul (and 1st, and 2nd, and 3rd, etc). Nice work lads...
                And that was the reason Olympiakos won...

Comment

Olympiacos keeps watching ghosts of refs chasing them everywhere it seems. It's a joke to listen to them sometimes. I really hope they qualify though. More fatigue for domestic playoffs

Comment

Originally posted by keftess View Post
                    Olympiacos keeps watching ghosts of refs chasing them everywhere it seems. It's a joke to listen to them sometimes. I really hope they qualify though. More fatigue for domestic playoffs
                    Give us a break and watch the full game. Refs were playing against Oly in the whole night. The most funny part is when Stonerook get the ball and he's out of bounds (not a feet or something, but his whole body - and it's not a tiny one if you know what I mean), but nothing happened (in last mins of the game). Are all three refs blind or something ? No, is the answer. Something else was happening. Something green and Italian... :P

Comment

That was almost like NBA game. Many dunks quick tempo and strong battles inside the paint !
                      Olympiacos never gave me the feeling that he could won the game.
                      He kept the score tight, he was very competitive, but as many times he managed to take a lead, he lost it very easily.

Especially when Siena created an eleven point lead, I said that was it. But Oly had a different opinion.

I don't think that Oly will win tomorrow. It would be so much for that team. Sienna will win tomorrow. I believe that in SEF arena, Oly can claim its participation to the F4. In SEF arena, Oly is able to take 2 wins in a row.

I really hope that the semi final games in Turkey will be. PAO - CSKA , OLY - BAR
                      Of course everything is still open though and we might see Maccabi & Sienna in 4F. Who knows?

Congrats to Oly.

Comment

Originally posted by keftess View Post
                        It's the same fans that think PAO won because of the refs against MTA 2 days ago so don't pay so much attention.

Comment

A true playoff game. Exciting and thrilling to the last minute.
                          Normaly I hate the reds but I have to admit this year they have a very sympathetic team (I don't mean this with an underestimating tone). You see their players trying their best, giving everything they have in the court and what they might lack in talent, they even it out with their passion, mentality and fighting spirit.
                          Defensively Dorsey is a monster and props to Printezis (rofl emo fag ) for his huge improvement this year.
                          Also, some of the referees' calls in favor of Siena were really ridiculous.

Anyway, the series has a long way to go still, Siena is a tough team and without doubt has the talent and mentality to take back home court advantage. After first game though, it became obvious what most expected, that this is gonna be the most balanced and open series of the QF. Hopefully upcoming games gonna be as exciting as this one.

PS: Damn I hate saying good things about Olympiakos...

Comment

The reds are the underdogs. They were wronged by the "gray wolves". They want badly another banner -participation in F4.
                            Of course, anyone sympathizes them.
                            Especially we,the green fans. After all, they are our punching bag and they keep our team in such good shape ;-)

Comment

"And that was the reason Olympiakos won"

I cant say it didnt pass my mind :d
                              1st in IBN 2018-2019
                              2nd in IBN 2016-2017
                              2nd in IBN 2015-2016
                              1st in IBN 2014-2015
                              2nd in IBN 2013-2014
                              2nd in IBN 2012-2013
                              2nd in IBN 2010-2011
                              3nd in IBN 2009-2010
                              1st in IBN 2008-2009
                              2nd in IBN 2007-2008

@RankingsSport

Comment

fkin b@stards u r the shame of Italy.u were spitting and throwing coins to coach Ivkovic and Dorsey.
                                you ll have a hell of a welcome to Pireaus.
                                this is ur end.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information