Help needed: EL players names twitter accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed: EL players names twitter accounts

Thanks for all contributors that helped to fill EL players details ( birthdays, names pronunciation & so on).

There is another challenge: confirmed twitter accounts of EL players.

Here is the file to fill.

So far we have around 60 twitters out of 334 players ( 2011-2012 season), feel free to add more twitters for your favorite team .

Please note the file's edition rights are granted to anybody , so please don't delete anything important by accident.

Thanks again for your help. Together we're a force.
    Last edited by Billy Bounce; 03-02-2012, 10:36 AM.

Added 18 new twitters, thanks to unknown contributors ( the submission is anonymous, so I really got no idea)

Among them: Krstic, Vujacic, Stonerook, Xavi Rabaseda.

Thanks & keep them coming .

Comment

Latest additions:
      Reeves Nelson ( Zalgiris )
      Manuchar Makoishvili (Cantu) - the dude writes in 4-5 different languages in his twitter

Comment

I doubt there'll be more twitter accounts from Zalgiris players, facebook is much more popular here in LT than twitter... Tried to find some more besides Nelson, but couldn't

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
          I doubt there'll be more twitter accounts from Zalgiris players, facebook is much more popular here in LT than twitter... Tried to find some more besides Nelson, but couldn't
          In principle we can collect facebook usernames too. The problem with facebook platform that is less open : AFAIK there is no documented way (i.e. social plugin) to embed player "wall" into a player page. All we could is to provide a link to a player wall, hoping it's not restricted for his friends only.

BTW, what is the situation with Zalgiris players, do they have their facebook pages accessible for general public ?

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Bounce View Post
            In principle we can collect facebook usernames too. The problem with facebook platform that is less open : AFAIK there is no documented way (i.e. social plugin) to embed player "wall" into a player page. All we could is to provide a link to a player wall, hoping it's not restricted for his friends only.

BTW, what is the situation with Zalgiris players, do they have their facebook pages accessible for general public ?
            I'm not using facebook, so don't know about all the details, but will try to find out. Also, I don't know if it's possible in facebook to know if the account really belongs to the player or is it some fans one. Like f.e in twitter there are confirmed accounts...

Some, which I found and looks like belongs to the players. Check it, I suppose you know better how this facebook stuff works

Javtokas http://www.facebook.com/RJavtokas15
            Kalnietis http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mantas...06169376089685

Will try to find others if you'll need them

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
              I'm not using facebook, so don't know about all the details, but will try to find out. Also, I don't know if it's possible in facebook to know if the account really belongs to the player or is it some fans one. Like f.e in twitter there are confirmed accounts...

Some, which I found and looks like belongs to the players. Check it, I suppose you know better how this facebook stuff works

Javtokas http://www.facebook.com/RJavtokas15
              Kalnietis http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mantas...06169376089685

Will try to find others if you'll need them
              Not sure that these accounts are real.. These two looks more real for me.. Although, for example Javtokas' profile is rather private (only shows with whom he's becoming friends and what he likes), while Kalnietis' profile is accessible, but it seems he don't write there too much.. Also found Popovic' but it's also private.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Billy Bounce, I think you can find more of Žalgiris' players in Kalnietis' friends

Comment

Yep, it's a problem to verify authenticity of each facebook page.

For example Javtokas has 3 different accounts beside the one given by Mindozas:

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Robertas Javtokas is on Facebook. Join Facebook to connect with Robertas Javtokas and others you may know. Facebook gives people the power to share and makes the world more open and connected.

Go figure who is the authentic one.

Let's try to arrange some rules to verify the authenticity

I guess if the official facebook page of a club has a reference to a player page - it's more or less authentic.

Mutual cross links between the players pages also increase chances of spotting the right person ( unless the fakers setup several fake accounts with the needed references )

Any other rules ?

Comment

These two of Kalnietis and Javtokas that I gave in my previous post, seems to be real

Comment

Originally posted by Basket_ View Post
                    These two of Kalnietis and Javtokas that I gave in my previous post, seems to be real
                    How do you know ?

I ask because before we'd start to collect facebook accounts details, there is need to generate some set of rules on which facebook accounts to add ( based on their authenticity , and availability of its content )

For example Kalnietis blocked a public access to his wall, so instead of his pre/post games reactions , the only info we could get is that he sort of likes "H. Vice" music band.

Comment

well, talking about Kalnietis', so I think it's real, because for example when Zalgiris were in Italy, he wrote about small earthquake, that happened in there and his wife wrote a comment under his message (and found more of her comments) and he noted her as his wife in his profile. But overall, he doesn't seem to be active and don't write about games for example..
                      As for Javtokas, I think this one is real, because I found this Javtokas' profile in Kalnietis' friends. And there are more of Žalgiris players ther: Jankunas, Popovic, Weems, Delininkaitis, Janavicius, coach Kostic.. But they are either not active, either with blocked public access..

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information