• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't like games after all
    bowyer bowyers professional translation

Comment

Bloody hell.

Downloaded CIV IV two days ago, spent about 1 hour figuring how to mount, crack etc and then insanity ensued.

Started playing at 9pm and 15 hours later I realised it was noon outside and I had just lost my first game. (Some Goddamn Turk named Muhammed the 3465th was keep raiding me ). Why does every strategy game involve wars? I just wanted to build my economy and live happily ever after.

And what's with all the religion? No I don't want to become a confucianist or my people to become addicted to polytheism and be happier. I want them miserable.

Now I am afraid to start a new game because of another 12-15 hours going down the drain and also afraid of another defeat. Any tips by the way?

I think I like Rise of Nations better.
      THE ONLY MAROUSSI FAN ON IBN+robbe
      Aris: check, Alba: check, Roma: check, Olimpija: check, Maccabi: check, CSKA: damn you Khryapa, Panathinaikos: check, Olympiacos: check, Partizan: check
      Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
      A chuck fest combined with wwf-style defense which Robbe might have appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Prometheus on fire View Post
        Bloody hell.

Downloaded CIV IV two days ago, spent about 1 hour figuring how to mount, crack etc and then insanity ensued.

Started playing at 9pm and 15 hours later I realised it was noon outside and I had just lost my first game. (Some Goddamn Turk named Muhammed the 3465th was keep raiding me ). Why does every strategy game involve wars? I just wanted to build my economy and live happily ever after.

And what's with all the religion? No I don't want to become a confucianist or my people to become addicted to polytheism and be happier. I want them miserable.

Now I am afraid to start a new game because of another 12-15 hours going down the drain and also afraid of another defeat. Any tips by the way?

I think I like Rise of Nations better.
        Beyond the sword add-on rules. To avoid war, build just enough defensive units to be among the most powerfull nations (f11). That will prohibit other nations randomly declaring war on you. Play the Rhye's and fall scenario only if you have lots of time to spare, since it is highly addictive (more than the normal game). Peace is not difficult to maintain in civ4 and it is actually quite easy that you have a very long history with no wars if you want to. About religion (and corporations), it is one of the best parts of the game as not only controlling a shrine will bring you tons of money, but the buildings you get to build are also very powerful
        sigpic

The basketball shop.

https://www.interbasket.net/forums/s...-Obradovic-Era

Comment

Thanks. I think I'm getting the hang of this. Just crushed all civilisations in just over 20 hours. (In 6000 years).
          THE ONLY MAROUSSI FAN ON IBN+robbe
          Aris: check, Alba: check, Roma: check, Olimpija: check, Maccabi: check, CSKA: damn you Khryapa, Panathinaikos: check, Olympiacos: check, Partizan: check
          Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
          A chuck fest combined with wwf-style defense which Robbe might have appreciated.

Comment

Well, if I were to exclude GTA IV and Empire Total War, I would say that these were my 5 favourite games these past 5 years (they are not in any real order of favouritism):

1. Battlefield 2142 (2006) - Multiplayer FPS PC.
            2. Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (2006) - Single Player Role Playing Game PC, Xbox 360.
            3. Civilization IV (2007) - Single Player/Multiplayer 4x Turn Based Strategy (4x - Explore, Expand, Exploit, and Exterminate) PC.
            4. Sins of a Solar Empire (2008) - Single Player/Multiplayer 4x Real Time Strategy (4x - Explore, Expand, Exploit, and Exterminate) PC.
            5. Batman: Arkham Asylum (2009) - Single Player Action PC, Playstation 3, Xbox 360.
            Playing games that are the same as another one you have (e.g Call of Duty series) is pretty boring, I like to play games that have a different feeling to each other (If you buy a game like Killzone 2 and Call of Duty, you've basically wasted your money because they are both VERY similar. Just pick one of that type of game and get a different game to add the variety). I chose Battlefield 2142 as the FPS, Civ IV as the turn based strategy (kind of like a board game but a lot more advanced) Oblivion as the Role Playing Game, Sins of a Solar Empire as the RTS (can enhance your micromanagment skills) and Batman: Arkham Asylum for just plain, fun, action fighting (there are also some puzzles and stealth fighting in the game aswell, not just action fighting).
            Promotional Products | promotional clothing | Promotional Gift Store

Comment

0. The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind
              1. StarCraft: Broodwar
              2. Super Mario world 2: Yoshi's island (SNES)
              3. Quake 2, 3
              4. Heroes of might and magic 3, 5 (4 is just wrong...)
              "Without Bach, God would be a complete second rate figure. Bach's music is the only argument proving the creation of the Universe cannot be regarded a complete failure" - Emil Cioran

Comment

Originally posted by Led00 View Post
                4. Heroes of might and magic 3, 5 (4 is just wrong...)
                This is the common belief, but having played all 3, 4 & 5, with all expansions and countless custom maps, I tend to disagree. I personally liked 4 very much.

HoMM IV is not wrong, it's incomplete. Full of bright ideas left unadjusted. Equilibris mod helps a little, but I wish 3DO had time before bankruptcy to complete their game.
                5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Two puzzle point-and-click games that I would like to recommend...

and
                  Sagrario's Room: All room escape games have secrets. Some room escapes, however, keep their cards especially close to their chests, relinquishing their grasp bit by bit; these are sometimes the most frustrating, and often the most intriguing. Sagrario's Room is such a game, and a superb one at that.

Share people, if you know of something similar...

Comment

Originally posted by SunOverHStreet View Post
                    Two puzzle point-and-click games that I would like to recommend...

and
                    Sagrario's Room: All room escape games have secrets. Some room escapes, however, keep their cards especially close to their chests, relinquishing their grasp bit by bit; these are sometimes the most frustrating, and often the most intriguing. Sagrario's Room is such a game, and a superb one at that.

Share people, if you know of something similar...
                    already finished this. very nice indeed
                    sigpic

The basketball shop.

Comment

Originally posted by qiangdade View Post
                      already finished this. very nice indeed
                      How much time did you need to finish both of them?
                      In Machinarium the biggest problem for me was the pente game with some other robot... It made me go berserk! Apart from it, it was pretty nice and enjoyable...
                      Sagrario's room is a little more challenging and it took me about two and a half hours to solve it (maybe a little more)... But, it was worthy. These kind of games are really relaxing, so if you have some to recommend, please do...

Comment

Final Fantasy 14 Online is fast becoming a disappointment. I am back playing Final Fantasy 11 for the mean time. Loving the updates for FF11 this May.
                        Sacramento Kings
                        HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Sports Video Games:

EA's FIFA
                          2ksports NBA
                          Fight Night
                          EA's Rugby

Other Games:
                          Resident Evil 4 - must play
                          Battle Realms
                          Ragnarok Online
                          Crossfire
                          Warcraft Frozen Throne : DOTA Allstars
                          Cabal Online
                          Grand Theft Auto

The best games I've ever played that are not listed above:
                          Generals Zero Hour (PC)
                          Call of Duty Modern Warfare 1 & 2 (best evaaa FPS)
                          Final Fantasy Tactics (both on PS1 and PSP)
                          Final Fantasy Dissidia (PSP)
                          Monster Hunter series (PSP)
                          ACE COMBAT ZERO (PS2) - Great story, great graphics, feels like you're the one flying the plane.
                          Tekken
                          King of Fighters
                          Yu-Gi-Oh (yes, it's a childhood hobby)
                          Pokemon
                          Marvel vs Capcom

Comment

Originally posted by SunOverHStreet View Post
                            How much time did you need to finish both of them?
                            In Machinarium the biggest problem for me was the pente game with some other robot... It made me go berserk! Apart from it, it was pretty nice and enjoyable...
                            Sagrario's room is a little more challenging and it took me about two and a half hours to solve it (maybe a little more)... But, it was worthy. These kind of games are really relaxing, so if you have some to recommend, please do...
                            I don't know exactly how long machinarium took me, i was playing a bit every other day before i went to bed. the part you describe as the most difficult is indeed so. i solved it by luck.

Sagrario's room i played on facebook. it was called "find a way out of the room". great game, i think it took me some 3-4 hours of relaxed playing.

othe than that i play some older puzzle, point and click games like real myst, riven, 11th guest, 7th hour etc which are also enjoyable
                            sigpic

The basketball shop.

Comment

Not sure if this really counts as a computer game but I've wasted an uncountable amount of time playing Scramble on Facebook.

I play Football Manager off and on (mainly off)...why can't there be a decent basketball version? Liked some of the older Civ and Total War versions but haven't played anything like that recently.
                              Originally posted by Fedfan
                              Most ppl get childish when they lose.
                              Originally posted by GuTO
                              refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Been playing Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare since last year. Striving to get 100% completion.

Sacramento Kings
                                HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information