Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The computer game thread

Quote Originally Posted by sashikas
    Then my classmate got Civ2 as a present. Since then up till now it is still my #1. For ~10 years
    My brother!! I think i'm gonna cry. Do you know of any online communities playing civ2 multiplayer? I would love to test my skills against real people since the computer does not offer much of a chalenge for about 7 years now...

Couple of days ago i started a game in deity level, i which i built all wonders myself and had a population of 150.000.000 in 1900
    -.-- ..- .--. --..-- - .... .. ... .. ... -- --- .-. ... . -.-. --- -.. .
    wipe your ass with a duckling today!

Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2 are good
    2 is still buggy though...
    Yalla Maccabi!!!

Save English, ban Roy M... No PMs, almost everyone already is in "I hate Lamonica" fan club

Global Warming Is A SCAM(http://www.noteviljustwrong.com/home)! Carbon Dioxide is good 4 U (or to your beloved carrot, peas or pineapple)!http://www.plantsneedco2.org/default...Group/Home.htm

I have a quite a histroy of computer games, so no need to count them all, but, seriously (on competative level) I played just Counter-Strike (now I'm kind of inactive).

Age of Empires 2
    Heroes 3
    NBA Lives series
    Fifa series

civilisation 2,3,4 all the way....

played Rome total war for a while

and loads of hours on america's army... later switched it for paintball and airsoft that's not really computer games, but it's more fun and healthier than sitting all day behind the computer

Quote Originally Posted by sariss
    After the disappointment of Heroes V, I returned to simple games. "Griddlers" is my new favorite PC game. I used to play it on paper a lot, and I noticed it's also fun on the PC. (I need to find a serial to be able to play it after the trial period also ).
    sariss are you talking about this? It looks like artistic Minesweeper or something.
    Michelle Tackabery
    Tackabery Chronicle
    Durham, NC, USA

Yes, Michele, that's it.

It is similar to minesweeper; however, this time, the numbers are on top of each column and at the left of each row. They somehow show the coordinates; they guide you in deciding which squares are filled and which ones are empty.

I loved that game when one newspaper here started giving weekly puzzles when I was about 14-15 years old. Those were only black-and-white. And they did not reveal what would appear after the puzzle was completed. Sometimes it was not easy to see at once, and you had to figure it out (looking from different angles, etc ).

It was one of those puzzles that curiosity kept you solving it. But, in the new ones, they say what is hidden in the beginning. I hate it, but it's still more fun than anything nowadays.

I downloaded the program and the puzzles here.

Quote Originally Posted by qiangdade
    Do u play any computer games? If yes, which?
    I used to be a huge PC games fan. I still am, but barely play anymore. nevertheless, I'm following the scene closely (and I dislike consoles as the killers of all that's progressive, as you may suspect )
    I never liked strategy, RPG or other simmilar genres - not for me. I follow all that as well, but never played such games. If I really had to, I'd probably go for something like Uplink or that game about the nuclear warfare, forgot the title.. otherwise I basically like new stuff as games are constantly improving (no matter the nostalgic taste you feel when remembering the likes of Doom or Herretic - they are total crap compared to todays stuff). besides HL2 (best game to date, imho) I was really impressed by the likes of Fahrenheit, Call of Duty, Prey or even Doom3 (simply for the sake of its purity). I'm totally indifferent to all team oriented or online-only action games. what I've been playing recently were some mods for Half-Life 2 and some indie games here and there. like Samorost (2) or Facade. the latter one still amazes me.. I have Tribes: Vengeance installed for something like half a year, but can't finish it. not to mention my complete inability to find some time for the absolutely brilliant Richard Burns Rally.

Quote Originally Posted by sariss
    It is similar to minesweeper; however, this time, the numbers are on top of each column and at the left of each row. They somehow show the coordinates; they guide you in deciding which squares are filled and which ones are empty.

I loved that game when one newspaper here started giving weekly puzzles when I was about 14-15 years old. Those were only black-and-white. And they did not reveal what would appear after the puzzle was completed. Sometimes it was not easy to see at once, and you had to figure it out (looking from different angles, etc ).

It was one of those puzzles that curiosity kept you solving it. But, in the new ones, they say what is hidden in the beginning. I hate it, but it's still more fun than anything nowadays.
    Thanks sariss. I am not sure I have enough patience for this game but I will try it. I can see why someone with your mind got into engineering.
    Michelle Tackabery
    Tackabery Chronicle
    Durham, NC, USA

And this is what happens to Football Manager addicts...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKvztQBlraQ

Oh~i only inetersted in TV games...<<time crisis>>is my favourite!~
    Go~Air YI,Aaia is not enough space for you!~
    ]

Civilization 4 (Warlords) right now, played all the previous Civilizations and Blizzard games.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkoMVP
    Civilization 4 (Warlords) right now, played all the previous Civilizations and Blizzard games.
    I'm also playing warlords right now. It's a pretty nice game, though not as addictive as civ2. I've only managed to be higlhy competitive in the prince level so far. Haven't tried higher levels.
    -.-- ..- .--. --..-- - .... .. ... .. ... -- --- .-. ... . -.-. --- -.. .
    wipe your ass with a duckling today!

So anyone playing the World Basketball Manager 2007 or am i the only one?

What team do you manage? Achievements? Tranfers?

I control Panathinaikos, won the triple crown in 1st season without any big roster changes, i released Vujanic and signed Spanoulis, Delfino, Ponkrashov, Mahinmi.

I beat CSKA and Malaga in the Final Four to win it, Olympiakos was the 4th team, pretty realistic i'd say since they got 3/4 teams of the Athens Final Four (and TAU knocked out Olympiakos).

In 2nd season i released:

Xanthopoulos, Papanikolaou, Hatzivrettas, Siskauskas, Batiste, Tomasevic, Becirovic, Alvertis, Delk, Dikoudis

Instead i signed Chris Bosch, Arvydas Macijauskas, Juan Carlos Navarro, Hedait Turkoglu, Luis Scola

So i'm top of the league in Greek A1, 26 wins in 26 games and just beat CSKA (again) in Final Four semi final and playing the Final Four Final vs Olympiakos!

Quote Originally Posted by parso View Post
    Gomelsky doesn't know @@@@ about basketball
    Quote Originally Posted by sseppel View Post
    it's not asking too much for someone to know where the fuck he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by UMUT_FB_LAL View Post
    Scola makes me wanna touch myself, no homo

did you wrote realistic?ok you signed Bosch

Quote Originally Posted by HABIBI
    did you wrote realistic?ok you signed Bosch
    He was a free agent and i offered him $6M NET. And he accepted. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by parso View Post
    Gomelsky doesn't know @@@@ about basketball
    Quote Originally Posted by sseppel View Post
    it's not asking too much for someone to know where the fuck he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by UMUT_FB_LAL View Post
    Scola makes me wanna touch myself, no homo

Counter-Strike 4 ever!!! from time to time it is always a big pleasure to connect to a server and "make" some frags

second game that I like - Generals: Zero Hour

Quote Originally Posted by ArkadiosV2
    So anyone playing the World Basketball Manager 2007 or am i the only one?
    I gave up on that game... I prefer online basketball managers... gave up on most, basketsim is the only one i keep playing.

Default Top 5 computer Games you like

hello
    These are my top 5 Games
    Lost The Game
    Phoenix Wright
    Super Mario Bros.
    Final Fantasy XII
    Electroplankton
    Add your favourite.

Tomb Raider (All)
    Red Alert 3
    Quake II
    Dino Crisis 1 and 2
    Resident Evil 2 and 3

in no order damn those were good times - sitting and having a plenty of time for play those games

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast