The computer game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The computer game thread

Do u play any computer games? If yes, which? My favorites are: Civilization 2 (unbeatable ), civ3 and 4, the dig, civ city rome, world basketball manager, and some occasional adventure and puzzle games. I also like a very old game called imperial conquest. Generally i like turn-based strategy games
    sigpic

The basketball shop.

https://www.interbasket.net/forums/s...-Obradovic-Era

I am not a big fan of video games. However I was playing a lot when I had my old computer (that explains why my list is so out of date): Half-life, Red Alert, Dune 2000 (?), Quake I/II, Need for speed 1/2/3, Commandos.

Comment

My favourites are strategic games such as KKND, Red Alert, Star Craft, War Craft. I remember I was addict on Diablo I when it was released. Now I usually play on-line game called MU. Also I'm ace at Solitaire (vegas) and Minesweaper
      One day the tides will turn
      One day the fields will burn
      One day the seas will churn
      The fury of our maker’s hand

Comment

Commandos 2 was unbelievable!!
        sigpic

The basketball shop.

Comment

As I already said in a post I still play Lakers vs Celtics. I've also been addicted to Championship Manager for a long time, although I don't like football that much, but the game is indeed fascinating.
          Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
          Artificial Nature

Comment

I cannot find a good game for my taste for a long time, and sadly, I don't have time for it anymore .

My favorites are usually the turn-based strategy games with rpg elements, like;

Heroes of Might and Magic III&IV
            Arcanum
            Dungeon Siege I&II
            5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

I love games on the pc the best was underground 1,2 and then most wanted, Nba live 04-05-06 and now -07 and also battlefield2, generals, and counter strike.....
              !!! (*) BALLER 4 LIFE (*) !!!
              !!! (*) IMPOSSILBLE IS NOTHING (*) !!!

Comment

In my first year of uni I remember not being able to sleep because I was too busy playing games like Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, Vietcong and of course NFS. Sadly that was the last time I could really enjoy playing a video game-didn't have time since then...

Comment

I really liked Baldurs Gate 2,Fallout's,Icewind Dale 2 (but since there arent any worthy rpgs anymore) , Battlefield 2,Total War:Rome etc...

The NBA Live series has reached a stalemate.Perhaps a competitor would spice things up-as Pro Evolution did for Fifa.I wish there was a pc version of 2k7 or other bball sim

Comment

still no civ fans in here
                    sigpic

The basketball shop.

Comment

Civ 4 is good but a bit heavy for my pc and the battles suck.If it had the unit movement and battle style of the Total war:Rome, it would be perfect

Comment

Originally posted by qiangdade
                        still no civ fans in here
                        Buddy!

I have played Civ since the times of when C64 ruled the world(s)!

I liked Civ 2 but it was quite flawed in the way civilizations interacted with one another. Civ 3 is awsome! I have played it since the first day it came out (yes, I actually waited outside the store when they opened and ran home )
                        I had to stop when I got a new PC and had to find a cracked version (my laptop did not have a disc drive) and the cracked one is flawed as its stuck on version 1.07f. (no air supremacy, no precision bombing and no other use for SAM batteries other than to build the SDI defence)
                        Bummer.

I was again standing in line outside the store when CIV came out and ran home (I cant help it -its so bloody addictive!).
                        My laptop is on the slow side though so I cant really play it on larger maps and it is so slow its crazy in later ages. Kinda takes away the fun.
                        Religion, units/battles and great people is hard though!

I have played Total Club Manager but it is incredibly buggy and once you reach that level where you can sign anyone you want...well, its not that fun anymore. Later versions (I had the one with Robson on the front) is not really that great of an improvement. Everyone I talked to says that Championship Manager is better so I guess I should give it a look.
                        Unicajism (or Unicajian Performance Fluctuation Syndrome: UPFS) in all its glory

Comment

civ2 had alot of flaws but it was waaay ahead of its time and is more addictive than the other parts of the civ series. Civ 3 was ok and civ 4 is great. I love the religion thing. I always try to found 4-5 -lots of money. Also the great people, good way to get ahead technology wise. I am so obsessed with civ that i actually put down my thoughts on a strategy game of my own
                          sigpic

The basketball shop.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy
                            I had to stop when I got a new PC and had to find a cracked version (my laptop did not have a disc drive) and the cracked one is flawed as its stuck on version 1.07f. (no air supremacy, no precision bombing and no other use for SAM batteries other than to build the SDI defence)
                            Bummer.
                            Why am I not shocked that you are hooked on a game with precision bombing and air supremacy as minimum requirements for a good time?
                            *lustily reading her new Premiere magazine with "Craig, Daniel Craig" on the cover*
                            Michelle Tackabery
                            Tackabery Chronicle
                            Durham, NC, USA

Comment

I was actually wrong, I did not play Civilization on C64 -that was what Pirates was for.
                              Amiga with its 1mb memory was the It thing to me for a long time.

civ2 had alot of flaws but it was waaay ahead of its time and is more addictive than the other parts of the civ series. Civ 3 was ok and civ 4 is great. I love the religion thing. I always try to found 4-5 -lots of money. Also the great people, good way to get ahead technology wise.
                              The flaw in Civ 2 was that there was no luxuries to trade and the way you could use bombers to halt guerillas. And diplomacy is way flawed.

I am so obsessed with civ that i actually put down my thoughts on a strategy game of my own
                              I am actually so into Civ that I have ordered my minions to postpone the great revolution untill I have taken over the civ world.

Beware though, it wont be long now...

Originally posted by tackaberry
                              Why am I not shocked that you are hooked on a game with precision bombing and air supremacy as minimum requirements for a good time?
                              We cant all be perfect although I am scary close now...
                              And I refrain from Nukes, that is something right?
                              Right?

Originally posted by tackaberry
                              *lustily reading her new Premiere magazine with "Craig, Daniel Craig" on the cover*
                              Oh behave you!
                              Unicajism (or Unicajian Performance Fluctuation Syndrome: UPFS) in all its glory

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information