No announcement yet.

The computer game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After the disappointment of Heroes V, I returned to simple games. "Griddlers" is my new favorite PC game. I used to play it on paper a lot, and I noticed it's also fun on the PC. (I need to find a serial to be able to play it after the trial period also ).
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

This is how I spend my free time. FS9.

Three Countries. Two Colours. One Religion. Orthodox Brothers.
      PRAVOSLAVNA BRACA - ΟΡΘΟΔΟΞΑ ΑΔΕΡΦΙΑ
      Pravda za Uroša - Justice for Uros

Comment

when i am not working or making sex i am playing the most ethistic game ever.Football Manager 2006 and 2007.UNBELEIVABLE
        1st in IBN 2018-2019
        2nd in IBN 2016-2017
        2nd in IBN 2015-2016
        1st in IBN 2014-2015
        2nd in IBN 2013-2014
        2nd in IBN 2012-2013
        2nd in IBN 2010-2011
        3nd in IBN 2009-2010
        1st in IBN 2008-2009
        2nd in IBN 2007-2008

If you love player and team comparisons, please join me in my channels
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIT...JLx5BerQtam9_A
        https://www.facebook.com/sport.rankings.10
        @RankingsSport

Comment

i like very much Half-Life, Soldiers of Fortune, Max Payne and Commandos

Comment

There was such thread in the UN forum before the old server went down, and there was a lot of Sid Meier's Civilization fans back then. I was one of them. And still am. Civilization was one of the first games I played (along with the "Scorched earth". This one worths a separate story). I was sitting for hours after the classes in the Computer science room and practicing my strategic skills with this game. Then my classmate got Civ2 as a present. Since then up till now it is still my #1. For ~10 years

Other games that left mark in my cybernetic life are

Heroes of might and magic II and III
            Championship manager III and IV
            Age of Empires II
            Sid Meiers Pirates!
            Atomic Bomberman
            Battle City
            Mortal Combat II

Comment

Originally posted by sashikas
              Then my classmate got Civ2 as a present. Since then up till now it is still my #1. For ~10 years
              My brother!! I think i'm gonna cry. Do you know of any online communities playing civ2 multiplayer? I would love to test my skills against real people since the computer does not offer much of a chalenge for about 7 years now...

Couple of days ago i started a game in deity level, i which i built all wonders myself and had a population of 150.000.000 in 1900
              sigpic

The basketball shop.

https://www.interbasket.net/forums/s...-Obradovic-Era

Comment

Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2 are good
                2 is still buggy though...
                Yalla Maccabi!!!

Save English, ban macabeo....

Comment

I have a quite a histroy of computer games, so no need to count them all, but, seriously (on competative level) I played just Counter-Strike (now I'm kind of inactive).

Comment

Age of Empires 2
                    Heroes 3
                    NBA Lives series
                    Fifa series

Comment

civilisation 2,3,4 all the way....

played Rome total war for a while

and loads of hours on america's army... later switched it for paintball and airsoft that's not really computer games, but it's more fun and healthier than sitting all day behind the computer
                      Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                      That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by sariss
                        After the disappointment of Heroes V, I returned to simple games. "Griddlers" is my new favorite PC game. I used to play it on paper a lot, and I noticed it's also fun on the PC. (I need to find a serial to be able to play it after the trial period also ).
                        sariss are you talking about this? It looks like artistic Minesweeper or something.
                        Michelle Tackabery
                        Tackabery Chronicle
                        Durham, NC, USA

Comment

Yes, Michele, that's it.

It is similar to minesweeper; however, this time, the numbers are on top of each column and at the left of each row. They somehow show the coordinates; they guide you in deciding which squares are filled and which ones are empty.

I loved that game when one newspaper here started giving weekly puzzles when I was about 14-15 years old. Those were only black-and-white. And they did not reveal what would appear after the puzzle was completed. Sometimes it was not easy to see at once, and you had to figure it out (looking from different angles, etc ).

It was one of those puzzles that curiosity kept you solving it. But, in the new ones, they say what is hidden in the beginning. I hate it, but it's still more fun than anything nowadays.

I downloaded the program and the puzzles here.
                          5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by qiangdade
                            Do u play any computer games? If yes, which?
                            I used to be a huge PC games fan. I still am, but barely play anymore. nevertheless, I'm following the scene closely (and I dislike consoles as the killers of all that's progressive, as you may suspect )
                            I never liked strategy, RPG or other simmilar genres - not for me. I follow all that as well, but never played such games. If I really had to, I'd probably go for something like Uplink or that game about the nuclear warfare, forgot the title.. otherwise I basically like new stuff as games are constantly improving (no matter the nostalgic taste you feel when remembering the likes of Doom or Herretic - they are total crap compared to todays stuff). besides HL2 (best game to date, imho) I was really impressed by the likes of Fahrenheit, Call of Duty, Prey or even Doom3 (simply for the sake of its purity). I'm totally indifferent to all team oriented or online-only action games. what I've been playing recently were some mods for Half-Life 2 and some indie games here and there. like Samorost (2) or Facade. the latter one still amazes me.. I have Tribes: Vengeance installed for something like half a year, but can't finish it. not to mention my complete inability to find some time for the absolutely brilliant Richard Burns Rally.
                            stop russia

Comment

Originally posted by sariss
                              It is similar to minesweeper; however, this time, the numbers are on top of each column and at the left of each row. They somehow show the coordinates; they guide you in deciding which squares are filled and which ones are empty.

I loved that game when one newspaper here started giving weekly puzzles when I was about 14-15 years old. Those were only black-and-white. And they did not reveal what would appear after the puzzle was completed. Sometimes it was not easy to see at once, and you had to figure it out (looking from different angles, etc ).

It was one of those puzzles that curiosity kept you solving it. But, in the new ones, they say what is hidden in the beginning. I hate it, but it's still more fun than anything nowadays.
                              Thanks sariss. I am not sure I have enough patience for this game but I will try it. I can see why someone with your mind got into engineering.
                              Michelle Tackabery
                              Tackabery Chronicle
                              Durham, NC, USA

Comment

And this is what happens to Football Manager addicts...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKvztQBlraQ

Originally posted by parso
                                Gomelsky doesn't know @@@@ about basketball
                                Originally posted by sseppel
                                it's not asking too much for someone to know where the fuck he is.
                                Originally posted by UMUT_FB_LAL
                                Scola makes me wanna touch myself, no homo

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information