X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by acklium View Post
    so who are your boys for our NT?

thanks sir
    I am not comfortable coming up with fantasy line-ups. In practice again, it would be the players that work well with particular coaches that should be selected. Leave it to the coaches; they won't select players that will make them look foolish.

As far as outcomes are concerned, I would already be very satisfied if Gilas 2 wins turn out to be much better than Gilas 1 wins.

It took something like what, 70 plus international games over several decades before a USA soccer national team got to defeat an Italian selection. It may take our team 50 years to do the same to Asian and European basketball champions. (Population-wise, we will have size parity at least by that time.) It should be 49 years to wait by 2013 so I'm still optimistic.

Comment

so who are your boys for our NT?

thanks sir
      i'd like to know this as well. What kind of team will you form? Which (available) players will you pick if you have the chance? Do name names so we can see which players ideally fit the system you'd like to adopt.
      If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• Originally posted by dtfernando View Post
        I am not comfortable coming up with fantasy line-ups. In practice again, it would be the players that work well with particular coaches that should be selected. Leave it to the coaches; they won't select players that will make them look foolish.

As far as outcomes are concerned, I would already be very satisfied if Gilas 2 wins turn out to be much better than Gilas 1 wins.

It took something like what, 70 plus international games over several decades before a USA soccer national team got to defeat an Italian selection. It may take our team 50 years to do the same to Asian and European basketball champions. (Population-wise, we will have size parity at least by that time.) It should be 49 years to wait by 2013 so I'm still optimistic.
        Playing safe, eh? Just name names. Nobody's going to bite you.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• That was supposed to be Fajardo, at least based on the repeated inclusion of his name in fantasy lineups in this thread. I think he got a zero in his last ABL game, so it may take some more time before he becomes a credible Asian center. I mentioned the names of Chamberlain and Shaq only to point out that somebody special comes along in a generation or so of players. We certainly do not have Shaqs, Malones and Jordans, or teams like the ancient Celtics, yet. It shouldn't prevent us from hoping that Pinoys like those are already born.

Originally posted by acklium View Post
          during shaq's prime,

no one can out rebound him,
          no one can outscore him in the post,
          every one is intimidated to drive against him

when was the last time that we have this kind of a center?or if there was , who ?

Comment

• Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
            I already mentioned my belief that the national team will come from the best available players of TnT, Meralco, Sinag/NLEX, and most likely a naturalized center. You probably watch more PBA and D League games than I do so you already know who I think will play. It was never about playing safe in making choices; I just sense that there really are no choices left as limitations on the selection will be severe again. Mostly MVP-employed players will be available by 2013.

Comment

can we also see your fantasy line up durden ?together with mr. dtfernando?
              sigpic
              the Future!

Latest NBA Trades
              NBA Boxscores
              PBA Updates
              PBA D-Leagues development
              Boxing Latest Buzz
              MMA's Head to Head Match up

Comment

I already mentioned my belief that the national team will come from the best available players of TnT, Meralco, Sinag/NLEX, and most likely a naturalized center. You probably watch more PBA and D League games than I do so you already know who I think will play. It was never about playing safe in making choices; I just sense that there really are no choices left as limitations on the selection will be severe again. Mostly MVP-employed players will be available by 2013.
                Well we do know that what you mentioned is the most likely scenario (with SMC being an ass. Again.) And since it seems like you have "ideals" for what a national team should look like why not cross the bridge already? It's just better to argue for/against a concrete idea rather than a wild, random "whoever is available/fits".

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• just post here your 12-14 players except douthit ..
                  sigpic
                  the Future!

Latest NBA Trades
                  NBA Boxscores
                  PBA Updates
                  Boxing Latest Buzz

Comment

can we also see your fantasy line up durden ?together with mr. dtfernando?
                    Good question, i wanted to wait out for the pool of 25 players then decide from there (cut it down to 12 and main rotation players) but since you've asked, here's mine:

With the parameters that SMC's not involved (and Powerade is NOT owned by SMC ) and everyone else non-SMC cooperates:

Castro/Alapag/Casio/Ravena*
                    Lassiter/Dillinger/Parks*
                    Lutz/Fonacier
                    De Ocampo/Aguilar/Williams
                    Douhtit/Thoss/Slaughter*

Top 12 would be the PBA players, the final 3 young ones for youth's sake and their development. *Gary David is the bubble boy for me. If he can show that he can bring his game to the international level, i'd replace Fonacier.

With assumption that SMC wouldn't be an ass (And Chot drops favoritism of TNT/MVP owned players)

Castro/Cabagnot/Casio
                    Yap/Lassiter/Norwood/Parks*
                    Santos/Lutz
                    De Ocampo/Aguilar/DeVance
                    Douthit/Thoss/Slaughter*

*Again, for developmental purposes.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

Well we do know that what you mentioned is the most likely scenario (with SMC being an ass. Again.) And since it seems like you have "ideals" for what a national team should look like why not cross the bridge already? It's just better to argue for/against a concrete idea rather than a wild, random "whoever is available/fits".
                      You should read and understand posts before you go on your negative attacks again. If Chot and his other experienced coaches select what you call "wild, random whoever is available/fits" then they pay with their reputation. It is only the coaches' selection that matters, and should be respected. Any other lineup is just a fantasy selection. Before egging on others, why don't you Durden Tyler, the Brad Pitt wannabe and attack dog of the San Miguel fans, offer your selection? You make challenges as if your brains and experience are good enough to make a good selection.

Don't ever forget how ridiculously exposed you have been in this forum. "Mayweathering" others in this forum won't work. If you push others to come up with fantasy lineups, you should proffer your lineups first. Are you that afraid of being mocked for coming up with a laughable lineup before challenging others to do so?
                      Last edited by dtfernando; 03-06-2012, 08:07 AM.

Comment

You should read and understand posts before you go on your negative attacks again. If Chot and his other experienced coaches select what you call "wild, random whoever is available/fits" then they pay with their reputation. It is only the coaches' selection that matters, and should be respected. Any other lineup is just a fantasy selection. Before egging on others, why don't you Durden Tyler, the Brad Pitt wannabe and attack dog of the San Miguel fans, offer your selection? You make challenges as if your brains and experience are good enough to make a good selection.

Don't ever foget how ridiculously exposed you have been in this forum.
                        Pffft. Exposed of being a basketball addict?

Don't worry the posters know you too well too-- lots of opinions but never really has the balls to back it when pressed against the wall. All we wanted was a good discussion and you hide behind your "ideals"

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

Good question, i wanted to wait out for the pool of 25 players then decide from there (cut it down to 12 and main rotation players) but since you've asked, here's mine:

With the parameters that SMC's not involved (and Powerade is NOT owned by SMC ) and everyone else non-SMC cooperates:

Castro/Alapag/Casio/Ravena*
                          Lassiter/Dillinger/Parks*
                          Lutz/Fonacier
                          De Ocampo/Aguilar/Williams
                          Douhtit/Thoss/Slaughter*

Top 12 would be the PBA players, the final 3 young ones for youth's sake and their development. *Gary David is the bubble boy for me. If he can show that he can bring his game to the international level, i'd replace Fonacier.

With assumption that SMC wouldn't be an ass (And Chot drops favoritism of TNT/MVP owned players)

Castro/Cabagnot/Casio
                          Yap/Lassiter/Norwood/Parks*
                          Santos/Lutz
                          De Ocampo/Aguilar/DeVance
                          Douthit/Thoss/Slaughter*

*Again, for developmental purposes.
                          man! i like the complexity of your choices
                          except on the james yap of the second list, i'll just replace him with either Jared Dillinger or mark pingris ( for defensive purposes and i'll slide him down to sf )
                          james yap was shooting bricks since the start of the season

OT: did i prompt these 2 guys to quarrel again ? hahaha :-0
                          sigpic
                          the Future!

Latest NBA Trades
                          NBA Boxscores
                          PBA Updates
                          Boxing Latest Buzz

Comment

man! i like the complexity of your choices
                            except on the james yap of the second list, i'll just replace him with either Jared Dillinger or mark pingris ( for defensive purposes and i'll slide him down to sf )
                            james yap was shooting bricks since the start of the season

OT: did i prompt these 2 guys to quarrel again ? hahaha :-0
                            i have the same hesitation with Yap as well. At this pace (or maybe it's just the Triangle Offense?) where he's playing real bad, going with Lutz and Lassiter alone would be the better option?

And regarding the "quarrel", don't worry i have been exposed apparently so it's a one-sided match now i assume

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• If there are no injuries by December 2012: Castro, Dillinger, Norwood, David, Santos, Cabagnot, De Ocampo, Aguilar, Slaughter and Douthit can form the core. The coaching group has to take risks on promising youngsters with international experience like Ravena and Parks, who must be included or the experience dies again with the old ones.

Devance and Thoss, though useful in the power forward slot, seem to be slowing down. One year older (by 2013) and they may have serious difficulties with the younger power forwards of China, Iran and South Korea. I like the Sinag/NLEX players and I hope that Chot will get reserves and scrimmage players from the group. If no extra good power forward comes out by December 2012, Thoss may have to be selected as he at least is consistent in his efforts.

Again, this is just a fantasy lineup, and is irrelevant. I don't know which players will be comfortable working with the coaching group for the kind of hard practices that a national team is all about. If they train only at PBA level, this fantasy lineup will still get smoked easily.
                              Last edited by dtfernando; 03-06-2012, 08:45 AM.

Comment

i have the same hesitation with Yap as well. At this pace (or maybe it's just the Triangle Offense?) where he's playing real bad, going with Lutz and Lassiter alone would be the better option?

And regarding the "quarrel", don't worry i have been exposed apparently so it's a one-sided match now i assume
                                hahaha LMAO

i'm really bother with yap, his upsides was very fast back then.
                                but i see him as a player already on his downhill
                                sigpic
                                the Future!

Latest NBA Trades
                                NBA Boxscores
                                PBA Updates
                                Boxing Latest Buzz

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information