This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    let's not be pessimistic guys! The training hasn't even started. We must support the team regardless of who is the head coach or who the players are. Personally, I wanted Rajko Toroman to coach the team but since MVP has replaced him w/ Chot Reyes & there's nothing I can do about it, then I prefer to just support the team, 100%. Regardless of who's the sponsor, regardless of who's the head coach & regardless of who the players are, for as long as the playing jerseys bear the Philippine flag then that's our team- the Philippine team.

We may have different views & opinions, we may have argued on some issues in this forum, or we may have criticized somebody, one thing I'm certain of - we will all be cheering on the same team!

LET'S GIVE OUR UNCONDITIONAL SUPPORT to PHILIPPINE BASKETBALL!
    -_- i just cant get it , tenorio and alapag on the same team!
    sigpic
    the Future!

Latest NBA Trades
    NBA Boxscores
    PBA Updates
    PBA D-Leagues development
    Boxing Latest Buzz
    MMA's Head to Head Match up

Comment

• Originally posted by SG 3000 View Post
      no one can beat toroman's small ball. tiu as the regular offguard? alapag, casio, and barroca alternating as point guards? baracael as powerforward?
      alapag and tenorio how bout that,
      sigpic
      the Future!

Latest NBA Trades
      NBA Boxscores
      PBA Updates
      Boxing Latest Buzz

Comment

• Originally posted by acklium View Post
        pool palang pare. i'll bet that the final roster will only have 3 players at most who stands below 6'0.

Comment

• I just hope everyone gives their 100%. No more takbong mayaman please!

Comment

alapag and tenorio how bout that,
            talo yan sa tiu, casio, and barroca combo haha. we can not do anything about it, reyes would play 2 point guards at the same time because that would speed up the game and makes the dribble-drive offense more potent (as long as slashers and shooters are there for the kick-outs, drop-passes).

Comment

• Originally posted by SG 3000 View Post
              pool palang pare. i'll bet that the final roster will only have 3 players at most who stands below 6'0.
              nah, with chots style he will probably stick to his original list unless the mother teams oppose the selection specially those in Evil Empire A XD
              sigpic
              the Future!

Latest NBA Trades
              NBA Boxscores
              PBA Updates
              Boxing Latest Buzz

Comment

• it was the guy who has same physique as Gary david who plays 3 for them

they maybe slightly taller but almost half of their big men fouled out gurading our one guy front court Douthit and remeber that steal its off a our offensive rebound over them
                To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by regierr View Post
                  I think if dribble drive is going to be one of Chot's ploys in his system then Santos might have a hard time fitting in either as a 2 or 3. Dribbling is not Arwind's strength. In 2009 and recently with Petron he struggled at the sf position and he is more comfortable playing the 4. But maybe the reason why Dillinger wasn't included is to see if Santos can play the 3 or 2 effectively, if not, then I think he might even be used a pf. Chot probably will try to get away with an undersized pf like what Toroman did with Barracael.
                  Last time I know, Santos is a slasher and is a fast-break player, so I would not understand if he cannot dribble off a pass from the point guard in a dribble-drive motion offense. This is the reason he has that first step to get ahead off his defender. I also question your point that Santos is comfortable at the 4, a coach would be stupid enough if he would let Santos play at the 4 in an extended time, there will be too much strength and bulk to give out with Santos at the 4. In the PBA he plays the 4 sometimes because players are not that tall but in international game you cannot do that. A coach should use Santos' quickness at the 3 and size at the 2 in international competition. Guys, you need to understand a player's ability in the international game.

Comment

• Aaah, South Korea and Taiwan pala plays small ball! Very good. This must be the reason why these countries are not getting anywhere in the world basketball tournaments just like the country with almost 100 million people, 80 percent of whose males are supposed to understand basketball well.

Comment

• Originally posted by jawo View Post
                      Last time I know, Santos is a slasher and is a fast-break player, so I would not understand if he cannot dribble off a pass from the point guard in a dribble-drive motion offense. This is the reason he has that first step to get ahead off his defender. I also question your point that Santos is comfortable at the 4, a coach would be stupid enough if he would let Santos play at the 4 in an extended time, there will be too much strength and bulk to give out with Santos at the 4. In the PBA he plays the 4 sometimes because players are not that tall but in international game you cannot do that. A coach should use Santos' quickness at the 3 and size at the 2 in international competition. Guys, you need to understand a player's ability in the international game.
                      Santos cannot play the 3 spot. His own Coach, Ato Agustin, said so himself. During this import-laden conference where the imports are taller, Santos struggles playing the SF spot which isn't his normal position. Coach Ato is forced to play him at the 4 spot because that's where he's more effective. He has no quickness and dribbleing skills. How can we excel in the international competition if he has none of what we need in both positions (PF/SF)? And honeslty, he has no consistent 3pt shot. He strives and gets his points from a lot of put backs.

Besides, he was not effective on both offense and defense during his previous stint with the national team, what makes you he will now?

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
                        I just hope everyone gives their 100%. No more takbong mayaman please!
                        I really hate these type of players. That's why our National players needs to give their 100% commitment on defense and offense.

Comment

• Aaah, South Korea and Taiwan pala plays small ball! Very good. This must be the reason why these countries are not getting anywhere in the world basketball tournaments just like the country with almost 100 million people, 80 percent of whose males are supposed to understand basketball well.

Average height of students last year: 5'4" Philippines, 5'8" Jaoan and Taiwan, 5'9" South Korea, and 6' or more for Germanic and Slavic nationsl. As average height of players is accurately about 6 inches taller -- 6'6" for European and 6"0" for Pinoys -- guess which nation is the only one interested in small ball???

The Pinoy average height for males has not increased in over a century -- 5'4" is also the average height of forced laborers of Spaniards in Cavite shipyards. In contrast, the Japanese and South Korean m,ales got taller by an average of 6 inches in just 50 years due to good nutrition.

Comment

Of course you will never understand if you would not even try to imagine what is the logic in Chot's mind to enlist these two small guards, more so you will never understand it if you insist your choice of players to be there than his.

If we really understand basketball it would not be hard to understand the selection, yet still we do have our own list of players but a little difference should not harm the team, so does your feelings.

Comment

• Arwind Santos is a mediocre 3 points shooter. Our SG and SF needs to be a good outside shooter. Santos is only shooting 27.4% from the 3-point territory this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by jawo View Post
                                Of course you will never understand if you would not even try to imagine what is the logic in Chot's mind to enlist these two small guards, more so you will never understand it if you insist your choice of players to be there than his.

If we really understand basketball it would not be hard to understand the selection, yet still we do have our own list of players but a little difference should not harm the team, so does your feelings.
                                i agree jawo. its just a pool. and we are not sure if tenorio will be allowed by alaska. but the thing is they are perfect for coach chot's system. they are nearly of the same height of casio. and from the looks of it the pool will change depending on the availability and health of the player. PBA players palang nilabas...hintayin natin ang susunod na kabanata. trans...lets just wait.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information