This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Allanhboy View Post
    I am in complete agreement with you here. We left out Washington and Devance who are difference makers at the PF and SF positions. WOW !!! what an oversight !
    I understand how Washington didn't get included. He hasn't seen any real playing time since getting injured a couple of years ago. Who knows, his motor and timing might be off.

But Villanueva...
    Keep running, big boy.

Comment

• Originally posted by elisher View Post
      I'm Still Hoping we could get this guys Holt, Pringle and Banchero...

Or I have a Feeling that they dont include Chris Lutz because we could Get Stephen Holt ahahha How i wish we could get this guy
      Lutz is injured. I don't think it's a wise move to include someone who still doesn't have a definite return date.
      Keep running, big boy.

Comment

• with chot reyes partially losing his sane mind, i'm now doubting him. So I plea for the formation of team B!
        My team B lineup for the jones cup or any invitational tournament before the FIBA asia Championship in 2013:
        C Villanueva/Crisano/Pena/Yancy De Ocampo
        PF Homer Se/Belga/Pennisi
        SF
        SG Tubid/Abueva
        PG Torion/Arboleda/Arana
        As you can see, the focus is with the big men. Our main concern, matching up with the bigmen of asia. And this team will address that problem to perfection.
        Targets:
        BIG MAN:
        Hadaddi, Z.Abbas, A.Kazemi, Yi Jian Lian, W.Zhizhi, M.Correa, A.Ponomarev, W.Taihao,Tseng Wenting, Takeuchi twins.
        we need luck so that our demolition men would not be thrown out of the tournament so that they could hurt more big men.
        Guards/forwards:
        S.Daghlas,M.Kamrani, Kawamura, C.Stevenson, Sun Yue, Liu Wei, Wang Shipeng,Bahrami

Forget about Kerby Raymundo. He is not good anymore. He is too error-prone and inconsistent. Sometimes he is even stupid.
        Starting with his stint with powerade team pilipinas, his game went down.
        Villanueva, seems like everybody is surprised with his inclusion. Like everyone is doubting him. Poor guy. Blame Chot for this Enrico! haha
        should his name even be mentioned? yes! for the team B Smart Brusko Team Pilipinas.
        Darling it's better
        Down where it's wetter
        Take it from me.

- Sebastian, The Little Mermaid

Comment

• Originally posted by kerouac82 View Post
          Lutz is injured. I don't think it's a wise move to include someone who still doesn't have a definite return date.
          I think i read somewhere he is set to return if petron advance to the finals...

Comment

• Originally posted by toikins View Post
            with chot reyes partially losing his sane mind, i'm now doubting him. So I plea for the formation of team B!
            My team B lineup for the jones cup or any invitational tournament before the FIBA asia Championship in 2013:
            C Villanueva/Crisano/Pena/Yancy De Ocampo
            PF Homer Se/Belga/Pennisi
            SF
            SG Tubid/Abueva
            PG Torion/Arboleda/Arana
            As you can see, the focus is with the big men. Our main concern, matching up with the bigmen of asia. And this team will address that problem to perfection.
            Targets:
            BIG MAN:
            Hadaddi, Z.Abbas, A.Kazemi, Yi Jian Lian, W.Zhizhi, M.Correa, A.Ponomarev, W.Taihao,Tseng Wenting, Takeuchi twins.
            we need luck so that our demolition men would not be thrown out of the tournament so that they could hurt more big men.
            Guards/forwards:
            S.Daghlas,M.Kamrani, Kawamura, C.Stevenson, Sun Yue, Liu Wei, Wang Shipeng,Bahrami

Forget about Kerby Raymundo. He is not good anymore. He is too error-prone and inconsistent. Sometimes he is even stupid.
            Starting with his stint with powerade team pilipinas, his game went down.
            Villanueva, seems like everybody is surprised with his inclusion. Like everyone is doubting him. Poor guy. Blame Chot for this Enrico! haha
            should his name even be mentioned? yes! for the team B Smart Brusko Team Pilipinas.
            No Mark Yee or Iliad? We could also get some of those Baste boys as back ups. I nominate YG for coach hehe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Allanhboy View Post
              I am in complete agreement with you here. We left out Washington and Devance who are difference makers at the PF and SF positions. WOW !!! what an oversight !
              They are not eligible to play as the new rule now seems to require diasporas (foreign born) players to be a Filipino before they turned 16.. Meaning at 15 years of age they should already posses a Filipino passport or if they were born in the Phils, a Filipino birth cert.

Comment

• Except for Villanueva, I like Chot's list.. In any case this is just an initial list for 2 tournaments this year.. If the team does not perform well, or the coaching staff saw some weaknesses that it cannot be filled up with its current pool, expect that list to expand.. Hopefully guys like Cabagnot, Casio, Dillinger, Lutz and Aguilar can be added on the pool..

So given the pool it looks like it would be:

C: Douthit/Thoss/Villanueva
                PF Williams/DeOcampo/Santos
                SF Lassiter/Fonacier/Pingris
                SG Yap/David/Reyes
                PG Alapag/Castro/Norwood/Tenorio

Comment

• The stigma of corporate rivalry in terms of prestige is hurting the national cause, the PBA commissioner's office has to act on this if ever such is true. This is a big challenge for commish Chito Salud, how I wish he is as staunch as his father the late Rudy Salud who was well respected and followed in the PBA circular.

Anyway, I would be hurt as a Philippine team fan if these PBA players would not be part of Gilas II in the final roster;

Jimmy Alapag - in Gilas-I our national team suffered a lot in leadership, decision-making and poise in crunch time, Alapag's presence would surely save some games for us in the end.

Alex Cabagnot - the value of selecting Cabagnot is just the same as Alapag, the only thing is I think Cabagnot is just a bit sharper than Alapag at this time of his career. We dearly need these two current best point guards in the PBA to increase our chance of making it in at least in the top 3 of FIBA-Asia.

Gary David - as always, having an explosive player who can shoot the ball anywhere has been a potent arsenal for our brand of basketball. David would be an ideal choice to fill in the vacuum left by the aging Mark Caguioa for the national team.

Gabe Norwood - When we need size in the backcourt Norwood is the answer and no one else. Gabe will be our utility sliding from the point to the wingman position. His athleticism and defensive ability should always give us respectable rotation as required by the spots around the perimeter.

Arwind Santos - Arwind give us size at the '2' and quickness at the '3'. It is just too hard to ignore the offensive prowess of Santos while giving quickness and size around the perimeter.

Ranidel de Ocampo - too bad we have very limited choices when it comes to able big man from the PBA. If Menk and Raymundo are still the same as before, then we would have heaps of choices. Ranidel's value is he can play the '4' even undersized in the international scene and can slide to the '3' due to his outside shooting and comparable quickness against the small forwards from the Middle East teams.

Kelly Williams - Kelly should have not been in my list but the lack of an able experienced defensive rebounder and athletic player at the '4' to support Douthit and or relieve de Ocampo made Kelly reasonable to make Smart Gilas II his last stint in the national team. Williams has slowed down a bit and his free throw has become a big liability to the team last year. This is the reason that he has to be relegated as a backup at the '4' yet his experience is very necessary to solidify the rotation at the '4' with de Ocampo and probably Chris Ellis from Sinag Pilipinas to do the chores at the power forward spot.

Sonny Thoss- Thoss' skill may not be enough but at this current time that Greg Slaughter is still raw, Taulava getting old, Pinnisi too slow and Fajardo being inexperienced, I would give my confidence to Thoss' selection as the chief back-up for Marcus Douthit. The Alaska center is an experienced 8-year PBA veteran and is averaging in double figures in scoring and rebounding for the first time in his career last year.

Sinag Pilipinas

The PBA players with their experience may need size, athletic ability and outside shooting from their Sinag Pilipinas counterpart, I am excited to see these 3 high-flying wingmen that have quickness and athletic ability in the positions that they will be tasked.

Chris Ellis 6-6, Cliff Hodge 6-5, and Bobby Parks Jr. 6-4

And lastly Chris Tiu,….just hard to ignore such dedication and competitiveness of a Chris Tiu, some may say his size is a liability that worse his position is redundant, but Chris brings a lot of leadership and contagious energy to the team to win. I am one to enlist Chris Tiu in the team. His outside shooting, heads up play and toughness on defense should help our cause quite considerably.

In summary, here is the picture of the roster:

Point guards
                  Alapag
                  Cabagnot

Wingmen
                  Santos
                  David
                  Tiu
                  Hodge

Power forward
                  Williams

Centers
                  Douthit
                  Thoss

Utility men
                  Norwood -slides from 1 to 2 spots
                  De Ocampo/Ellis - slides from 3 to 4 spots

Comment

• Chot's choice' of 16 PBA players for RP team pool revealed

The PBA announced the 16-man National Team pool Tuesday on their Twitter site, revealing the choices of coach Chot Reyes after they were presented to the league board.

The guards selected are Jimmy Alapag, Alex Cabagnot, Jason Castro, LA Tenorio, Gary David, Ryan Reyes, James Yap, Marcio Lassiter and Larry Fonacier, while the list of forwards and big men includes Gabe Norwood, Arwind Santos, Ranidel De Ocampo, Marc Pingris, Kelly Williams, Sonny Thoss and Enrico Villanueva.

However, being on the list does not guarantee a player's commitment, as one can still refuse the selection. Also complicating matters is the question of whether or not the players' teams will be willing to part with their stars, even temporarily.

The National Team is expected this year to join the Jones Cup, where the RP team placed third last year, and the Stankovic Cup in Tokyo, after placing fourth back in 2010.

Reyes, currently the head coach of the PBA's Talk 'N Text Tropang Texters, will become the National Team head coach after this PBA season, handing the team's reins over to current consultant Norman Black.

In addition to the PBA pool, Reyes and the rest of the National Team's braintrust are also expected to form a second pool, this time composed of amateur players.

That pool will likely draw from the veterans of the Philippine Sinag squad that won gold in last year's South East Asian Games.

What the hell Chot's Thinking of removing Lutz and Casio and adding Villanueva and Pingris in the pool..
                    I think this is another 2007 and 2009 for us

This is only my opinion
                    sigpicNEVER SAY DIE PILIPINAS!

Comment

• wow we are undersized in every position..what's this,unano republic?
                      "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
                        wow we are undersized in every position..what's this,unano republic?
                        hahaha agree i thought we have learn our lesson.. no more undersized guards.. Tenorio Alapag Castro OMG

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
                          wow we are undersized in every position..what's this,unano republic?
                          well yes. and what do u expect from an undersized coach but to love small-ball? eh si toroman nga serbian pero power forward is baracael, tiu is off guard, and sometimes plays tiu with casio and barroca at the same time.

Comment

• Originally posted by elisher View Post
                            hahaha agree i thought we have learn our lesson.. no more undersized guards.. Tenorio Alapag Castro OMG
                            e ano ngaun? its a pool not the final line-up. if alapag slows down considerably or castro gets injured, then players who plays similarly with another player is there to fill the slack.

Comment

• Originally posted by SG 3000 View Post
                              e ano ngaun? its a pool not the final line-up. if alapag slows down considerably or castro gets injured, then players who plays similarly with another player is there to fill the slack.
                              don't be mistaken were just a bit concerned...Devance could have been a strong candidate
                              Last edited by Alex07; 03-27-2012, 02:21 PM.
                              "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
                                Dredging my old post and trying to make sense of Chot's selection:

vs.

i missed out on Alapag, Tenorio, Reyes, Fonacier,Williams and Pingris. In my list i had Lutz, Aguilar, Casio and the young ones, Parks and Slaughter. David i mentioned as a bubble selection too.

Overall, i like Chot's line-up except for Enrico Villanueva (AHAHAHA) and probably Pingris because of lack of offense.
                                I think Pingris is a good choice, he is a role player, he don't need to have the offensive prowess you're looking for. He just need to do what he does best hustle,rebound and defense, we have a lot of scorers in the lineup already. Regarding Enrico, I think he will be a practice player or an enforcer, but i will pick Japeth or Mick over him anytime.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information