Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This development is not so bad. It actually forces the SBP and its player development group to do the correct thing -- look for players as early as possible at the high school level. (Locally, we already know Ravena can play very well in high school). They can already identify the promising national players and promising discards. I know that there are enough CIA-class fans in this forum thread who can help search through all American high schools for the best FilAm players.

Originally posted by weward View Post
    thanks for the clarification sir nardy.

so this means banchero,holt,pringle,marcus williams,standhardinger,clarkson,jensen and other high prospects would remain a dream for some of us.

Jeremy Lin, you are the key! hahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by weward View Post

so this means banchero,holt,pringle,marcus williams,standhardinger,clarkson,jensen and other high prospects would remain a dream for some of us.

Lin could open the doors more wider.

Pringle if I am not mistaken was born either at Angeles or Olongapo ... and with him already a Filipino Citizen, he could be in if the Head Coach wants him. Same with the Rosser boys.
      LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
      Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
      THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by dtfernando View Post
        This development is not so bad. It actually forces the SBP and its player development group to do the correct thing -- look for players as early as possible at the high school level. (Locally, we already know Ravena can play very well in high school). They can already identify the promising national players and promising discards. I know that there are enough CIA-class fans in this forum thread who can help search through all American high schools for the best FilAm players.
        that's why the SBP instead of organizing National Championships for College and High School teams, they are now synchronizing it with FIBA and have organized National Championships for Under-16 and Under-18 teams.

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
        THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by nardy View Post
          that's why the SBP instead of organizing National Championships for College and High School teams, they are now synchronizing it with FIBA and have organized National Championships for Under-16 and Under-18 teams.
          ooh.now i get it. that explains the NBTC leagues.thanks sir nardy.
          The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

aight so far so good. now to the matter of implementation... and we just to have to have cooperation among the h.s.,colleges, and unis to release their players for the age-group asian/world championships as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by swish#20 View Post
              aight so far so good. now to the matter of implementation... and we just to have to have cooperation among the h.s.,colleges, and unis to release their players for the age-group asian/world championships as well.
              we are creating a much bigger pool of talents, if ever the UAAP and NCAA would not cooperate, the SBP would no longer panic as there are a number of talented players outside those 2 leagues especially players from the provinces.

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
              THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

• All signs are pointing to Jong Uichico as the next coach of Gilas 2. Again, this is just my hunch. MVP would not wanna disturb Black and Reyes from their respective coaching gigs. Personally, I would be at peace if Jong is to succeed Rajko Toroman. He's the master of preparation and scouting, also a disclipinarian to the players. He also has good communicating skills even the most "hard headed" players. Just like Noli Eala said a few weeks ago, Jong didn't leave SMC, his home for 3 decades just to be an assistant again.

Comment

• Originally posted by weward View Post

make it Happen Jeremy Lin. for the better competition of FIBA Asia
                  Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• I think we are worrying too much about that Jeremy Lin. We still own the Taiwanese teams, I believe even with that guy around. Some of the imports that played in the PBA are of NBA caliber also, but not all of them were really that great. I still believe in the Pinoy player's abilidad in playing defense against those kind of players.

Comment

• Originally posted by KevinDurant View Post
                      I think we are worrying too much about that Jeremy Lin. We still own the Taiwanese teams, I believe even with that guy around. Some of the imports that played in the PBA are of NBA caliber also, but not all of them were really that great. I still believe in the Pinoy player's abilidad in playing defense against those kind of players.
                      If Hontiveros is at least 5-6 years younger then pair him with lutz and lassiter, you have 3 best defensive wing demons guarding the best wings of other teams.
                      Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• This would be my national team if we want defense and firepower

C Marcus Douthit
                        C Greg Slaughter
                        F Junmar Fajardo
                        F Sonny Thoss
                        F Ranidel De Ocampo
                        F Jared Dillinger
                        G Chris Lutz
                        G Jeff Chan
                        G Marcio Lassiter
                        G Ryan Reyes
                        G Alex Cabagnot
                        G Jason Castro

Comment

• Originally posted by Phlegm Thrower View Post
                          This would be my national team if we want defense and firepower

C Marcus Douthit
                          C Greg Slaughter
                          F Junmar Fajardo
                          F Sonny Thoss
                          F Ranidel De Ocampo
                          F Jared Dillinger
                          G Chris Lutz
                          G Jeff Chan
                          G Marcio Lassiter
                          G Ryan Reyes
                          G Alex Cabagnot
                          G Jason Castro
                          That's one hell of a lineup. I also love to see Jay R Reyes as a reserve. He's now playing the small forward position in the 2nd conference. (Parada-Thoss- Reyes front court). Reyes is like a poor man's Ranidel De Ocampo, and he has a decent mid range jumper.

Comment

• where's Gary David, James Yap or Larry Fonacier
                            PRO DEO ET PATRIA (in the service of God and Country)

Comment

we are creating a much bigger pool of talents, if ever the UAAP and NCAA would not cooperate, the SBP would no longer panic as there are a number of talented players outside those 2 leagues especially players from the provinces.
                              thats great news. so far the plan bodes well for the u-16 and u-18 since we will get a big pool then the selection to face the squads of other nations will develop them more... until they get recruited by the ncaa/uaap. i really dont like it when 22-23 year olds are still playing collegiate bball when they should playing among the pros and improving themselves. for me this is the bottleneck that impedes the development of philippine bball - the 23yr olds became stagnant due to lesser competition and the spots taken by the 23yr olds deprive the younger ones of chance to be developed. if the flow of amateurs going to the pros is quicker, the schools will have no choice but to improve their system to maintain their excellent tradition. thats why in the u.s. ncaa we see teams like duke/ucla being perennial contenders despite the influx of talents to the nba. of course u.s. ncaa is different from our uaap/ncaa over but i hope y'all get the idea.

Comment

its part of the program to promote basketball to everybody .... how to play basketball correctly. People to know their National Players. Its one one the things which Coach Rajko failed to accomplish but was part of his objectives.
                                I thought this is GMA7's job?
                                Smart Gilas 2.0
                                ***I Believe***

Yeng Guiao: Neither the 3 year program or coach Rajko was the factor for the success of Smart-Gilas.

Tab Baldwin: He’s [Rajko] the big reason, maybe the biggest reason they got as far as they did.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information