Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBP Long-Term National Pool (Vol. XVII)

Previous thread is here

Keep discussion friendly and calm. OT/flaming/trollish posts will get deleted and users banned.

Enough with the Silly arguments - Let's start again

Originally posted by TrueBluePinoy View Post
    Previous thread is here

Keep discussion friendly and calm. OT/flaming/trollish posts will get deleted and users banned.
    Past month has been an eye opener for me coming from New Zealand to Australia. Here, basketball is a user pays sport. The kids/ parents pay for everything. As it is there are pluses and minuses. But to think that their basketball program is grassroots up. The development of the U12's, U14's, u16's,U18 etc. are all independent of who makes the national team, who coaches it and all of the politics and shenanigans going on at home. While we say that our U16 kids are better than their kids fundamentally, it is only a chosen few of our kids who are at this age. In australia, no matter what competition I watch, the basic fundamentals show. How I wish that these basic fundamentals will tranfer into the mainstream population of our basketball playing kids and not a limited few in Metro Manila, then we can truly say that we have a Long term national program where we can choose a longterm national pool of talents.

Comment

Originally posted by tito thoots View Post
      Past month has been an eye opener for me coming from New Zealand to Australia. Here, basketball is a user pays sport. The kids/ parents pay for everything. As it is there are pluses and minuses. But to think that their basketball program is grassroots up. The development of the U12's, U14's, u16's,U18 etc. are all independent of who makes the national team, who coaches it and all of the politics and shenanigans going on at home. While we say that our U16 kids are better than their kids fundamentally, it is only a chosen few of our kids who are at this age. In australia, no matter what competition I watch, the basic fundamentals show. How I wish that these basic fundamentals will tranfer into the mainstream population of our basketball playing kids and not a limited few in Metro Manila, then we can truly say that we have a Long term national program where we can choose a longterm national pool of talents.
      Thoots, You have been out of the country for a long time. FYI, in the recent SBP U16 National Championship the Champion is the team from University of Visayas which represented Cebu that beat Cagayan de Oro based Sacred Heart-Montessori. Only UST among the Metro Manila based teams reached the FINAL FOUR and it only placed 3rd after beating Bacolod representatative, St John's Institute. NBTC is also in the works for the last couple of years and are producing quality players. Then as I stated in another thread, we are going to start Higanteng Pinoy. We cannot expect instant results or miracles but at least we are in the process of improving our grassroots program. A big problem is that MVP cannot shoulder everything and we are having problems in getting more funds. Because unlike the Aussies or you Kiwis, a lot of Pinoys are not really financially able to enrol their sons in training camps or clinics.
      LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
      Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
      THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

Its a good thing this thread has been cleaned up. For a awhile we had people posting unrelated stuff with an agenda. Talk about a double standard, they din,t want unrellated stuff in the pba. Thread. But had a free way on this thread. Well at least it is now cleaned up
        NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
        https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

Can somebody update us regarding these?
          Senior Men's Team
          Senior Women's Team
          Under-18
          Under-16

its already February and correct me if im wrong, there will be some major competitions this may to august?
          sigpic
          the Future!

Latest NBA Trades
          NBA Boxscores
          PBA Updates
          PBA D-Leagues development
          Boxing Latest Buzz
          MMA's Head to Head Match up

Comment

Borislav Stankovic Cup Guangzhou (CHN) 6 Jul. 2012 - 10 Jul. 2012

FIBA Asia U18 Championship for Men 1 Sep. 2012 - 30 Sep. 2012

from here http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/eve...ibaCaleAll.asp
            sigpic
            the Future!

Latest NBA Trades
            NBA Boxscores
            PBA Updates
            PBA D-Leagues development
            Boxing Latest Buzz
            MMA's Head to Head Match up

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. you are right, I've been out of the country too long and haven't really gotten abreast with the more recent developments that has been placed post BAP. Everything I know re the program has just been what is being fed to me via foreign FIBA honchos. Maybe it is high time I come home and have an honest look at the program myself. Still in my mind are the dozen or so players that I have played with and against when I was growing up playing in the streets of Paranaque, Baguio city, Sampaloc and even Romblon. How these naturally gifted athletes would have been a whole lot better had they had the opportunity for basic basketball fundamentals. I guess it's too late now as the golden period had elapsed many years ago. My son is lucky that we have the means and opportunity to better what is already given him through proper training. But he is by no means the best despite what I can give him for somewhere out there as I have seen many, many years ago there are the dozen or so players that we have to find, train and develop before the golden period elapses or can we then say to ourselves, "the best within our budget."
              Tell me what you need for support and I'll try to help out within my capacity and budget of course.

Comment

Originally posted by acklium View Post
                Can somebody update us regarding these?
                Senior Men's Team
                Senior Women's Team
                Under-18
                Under-16

its already February and correct me if im wrong, there will be some major competitions this may to august?
                everything will be cleared after this week ..... ED Barrios had to undergo an emergency operation and the all important meeting by him with the SBP President and SBP Chairman is still to happen.

Without said all important meeting, nothing will start.
                If you cannot amaze people with your intelligence, confuse them with your stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by acklium View Post
                  Borislav Stankovic Cup Guangzhou (CHN) 6 Jul. 2012 - 10 Jul. 2012

FIBA Asia U18 Championship for Men 1 Sep. 2012 - 30 Sep. 2012

from here http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/eve...ibaCaleAll.asp
                  sir nardy. the FIBA Asia U18 will be on september. is there any news on the composition of our U18 team?
                  The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
                    sir nardy. the FIBA Asia U18 will be on september. is there any news on the composition of our U18 team?
                    As per Nardy in the other thread there's nothing yet as ED Barrios needs to meet the President and the Chairman first. Sad thing is that we are running out of willing sponsors ..... even if its not a Professional Team, it needs a lot of money to maintain a team.
                    If you cannot amaze people with your intelligence, confuse them with your stupidity.

Comment

Yup ..... got to wait for a few more days. The big bosses has to discuss a lot of things which are interconnected with each other. There's a lot of problems we are facing and it is not that easy to solve. Everything would be out in due time, we just need to do it carefully and properly.

Just got to remind everybody that it does not mean if there's a competition, its automatic we'll participate. We do have an option not to.

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
                      THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

If ever ..... Coach Olsen is most likely to handle the U18 with the core of the U16 supplying the players plus a number of reinforcements. There are some players in the recent SBP U16 National Champioship who are great potentials.

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
                        THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

i really hope SMB will come back and bankroll the philippine national team once again.

i remember when SMB bankrolled the pba stars where chot was the coach, mvp wholeheartedly lent jimmy alapat and other tnt talents to the team.

having smb's money and mvp's money for national team will be very good for the cause.

haaay.wishfull thinking.
                          The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

I Hope SMB and SMART will co sponsor a NT

Smart-San Miguel RP Team
                            sigpicNEVER SAY DIE PILIPINAS!

Comment

Originally posted by rocketstar47 View Post
                              I Hope SMB and SMART will co sponsor a NT

Smart-San Miguel RP Team

im all the way on this!

Comment

Working...
                              X