Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 PBA Commissioner's Cup (reinforced)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jay P. Mercado View Post
    That's one way of beating Barako actually. For TnT to win, they need to put the game away early and demoralize the Barako vets. Normally pragmatic, veterans won't spill their guts on the court anymore if they deem it improbable to come back, knowing fully well that they still have a deciding Game 5 to wrap it up.

Yet again, Barako is fighting and you have to admire how much energy they're exerting to win this game.
    Yeah well TNT is playing like a champion team for Game 3 and it's hard to beat that.

When Ranidel is DUNKING you know you are in loong evening

Game Five should be very interesting.
    If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• TNT just blew away Barako.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
        i remember before that mike cortez is a sure in National team PG. he plays smart basketball. injuries hurt his stock. hope coach chot consider tapping mike cortez. he can play with the system of coach chot. plus he's 6'1.
        mike cortez fan here but reality check...he cant cut it in the fiba level...he is too slow and soft ...he has the smarts but doesnt have the physical tools to endure a fiba tourney unlike a castro whose basketball i.q is catching up with his ultra athletic play or a Chriss ross who has the same traits. Cortez was a gem in the uaap because of his coolness under pressure but struggled in the pros because of the more agressive approach of the league. At best, mike is a very good backup point at the pros but still lack the consistency to elevate him to the next level.

Comment

• Originally posted by paulezra View Post
          mike cortez fan here but reality check...he cant cut it in the fiba level...he is too slow and soft ...he has the smarts but doesnt have the physical tools to endure a fiba tourney unlike a castro whose basketball i.q is catching up with his ultra athletic play or a Chriss ross who has the same traits. Cortez was a gem in the uaap because of his coolness under pressure but struggled in the pros because of the more agressive approach of the league. At best, mike is a very good backup point at the pros but still lack the consistency to elevate him to the next level.

I Remember the 2006 Jones Cup where Cortez is the starting PG of our NT and amateurs Jondan Salvador, Abby Santos.

i also remember Joseph Yeo,Arwind Santos and Nino Canaleta i think we finish 6th place that time.
          sigpicNEVER SAY DIE PILIPINAS!

Comment

• Cool Cat Mike Cortez is on fire!

It’s hard for a local to score
            a triple-double in the PBA. The only way for a player to score
            such feat is by becoming a Mr. Do-It-All. There are a few players that have
            accomplished that feat, but none of them in recent history.

When was the last time a PBA
            player perfectly executed a triple-double ballgame?

Read more Here> http://nsdtambayan.hooxs.com/t1241-c...tez-is-on-fire
            http://ginebratambayan.hooxs.com/

sigpic

Comment

• ^ The last player I remember to have a triple-double is Jon Ordonio. But there's a big chance someone had a triple-double after him hahahaha.

I remember Willie Miller getting a triple double, but it was in an All-Star game.

Comment

• I don't know if this is the proper venue to ask but do you guys remember the 5-Fil-Am-per-team Rule imposed by Commissioner Barrios? What happened to it BTW? I remember it was the reason why Nic Belasco and Ali Peek were sent to Sta. Lucia for Kelly Williams and Ryan Reyes. The same reason for unloading Jay Washington, too, back then

Evolution made possible by Mei.ka~ of Hello! Online

Comment

• It is all done.
                  TnT and Bmeg in the finals.

Comment

• Originally posted by kgi View Post
                    already predicted this one last 2weeks ago...

this will happen my friend!....

in the end BGK 4-2!
                    ahem ahem ahem!! bmeg got it 3-1

Comment

• Originally posted by Coke_Hero View Post
                      I don't know if this is the proper venue to ask but do you guys remember the 5-Fil-Am-per-team Rule imposed by Commissioner Barrios? What happened to it BTW? I remember it was the reason why Nic Belasco and Ali Peek were sent to Sta. Lucia for Kelly Williams and Ryan Reyes. The same reason for unloading Jay Washington, too, back then
                      i read somewhere that jay washington isn't really considered a fil-am because he was born here.

Comment

• Defense of BMEG made the Gin Kings feel Gi-ne-bri-a-ted. LOL

Happy that BMEG is in the finals. I want a TNT BMEG series.

Comment

• Originally posted by regierr View Post
                          Defense of BMEG made the Gin Kings feel Gi-ne-bri-a-ted. LOL

Happy that BMEG is in the finals. I want a TNT BMEG series.
                          If we want high-scoring we go with that, TNT's and BMEG with high-potent offense and explosive stars. Tasty match-ups too:

Bowles vs. Ranidel
                          Pingris vs. Harvey
                          Yap vs. Reyes
                          Castro vs. Simon

You could also include Bianca Gonzales (?) vs. LJ Moreno

If we want a low-scoring drag 'em down, physical basketball, it would be Barako vs. BMEG. The head to heads:

Pingris vs. Seigle
                          Pennisi/Pena vs the young Bowles
                          Yap vs. Tubid

Either way i think we'd have a great Finals. i prefer Barako of course to have that big F-U to TNT's Grand Slam campaign (next year na lang ulit )
                          If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• nice conference for the kings.bawi nalang next conference. at least they have a valid excuse with their top local scorer n maybe top 3 in rebounding and assists out.

even if bmeg had another meltdown of the kings got lucky, it will be more difficult to win 4 games in the finals especially against tnt without caguioa.

tnt vs bmeg will be a shootout but bb vs bmeg will be more dramatic.

whatever the matchup will be, i wanna see a finals with d quality of the petron-tnt semis last confy.

Comment

• BMEG LLAMADOS is already in the finals of the 2012 PBA Commissioner's Cup. the James Yap led team trashed the resurgent Ginebra squad and silenced the predominant Ginebra crowd ending the semifinal series 3 - 1.

Comment

• Caguioa being out is being overrated. BMEG would've still beaten them because of Vroman's non-existence. With Caguioa in, no way they play Ababou or KG Canaleta tons of minutes and these were the two who were really the thorn on BMEG.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information