Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 PBA Commissioner's Cup (reinforced)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Though i'm cheering for TnT, I'm not quite sure what's going on with Pamboy Raymundo when he sent a flying elbow to Urbiztondo's face? Whether it was intentional or not or reflex action me thinks Pamboy should have tone down his intensity since the game was already decided after he came in. I can also put a blame on Urbiztondo he shouldn't have reacted that way, he should have called the referees attention or something that won't escalate the tension. No question, Urbiztondo is a way much better player than Pamboy but in that incident that wasn't the case. JDV reacted out of frustration at makaganti lang.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brown Bones View Post
      Though i'm cheering for TnT, I'm not quite sure what's going on with Pamboy Raymundo when he sent a flying elbow to Urbiztondo's face? Whether it was intentional or not or reflex action me thinks Pamboy should have tone down his intensity since the game was already decided after he came in. I can also put a blame on Urbiztondo he shouldn't have reacted that way, he should have called the referees attention or something that won't escalate the tension. No question, Urbiztondo is a way much better player than Pamboy but in that incident that wasn't the case. JDV reacted out of frustration at makaganti lang.
      urbiztondo for me did a little drama.they were loosing. he wanted more insult to injury to gain more fans so-to-speak. i hope bmeg doesn't become primmadona's.
      The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• 1. I feel Pamboy Raymundo needs to be suspended by at least one game for instigating a melee at a time when everything was over but the final score. He should have been given a FF1 or a technical foul (for the Urbiztondo incident) and a FF2 for the Devance hit on the nape.

2. Joe Devance's flipping the ball towards Raymundo's face was equally uncalled for and rightfully deserved a FF2. He should get suspended also for one game but since Commissioner Chito Salud has already made a precedent on this, Devance would probably be playing on Game 5, wrongfully that is.

3. Josh Urbiztondo deserved a technical foul for second motion against Raymundo. He shouldn't be suspended on Game 5.

Let's see how the Commissioner decides on this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay P. Mercado View Post
          1. I feel Pamboy Raymundo needs to be suspended by at least one game for instigating a melee at a time when everything was over but the final score. He should have been given a FF1 or a technical foul (for the Urbiztondo incident) and a FF2 for the Devance hit on the nape.

2. Joe Devance's flipping the ball towards Raymundo's face was equally uncalled for and rightfully deserved a FF2. He should get suspended also for one game but since Commissioner Chito Salud has already made a precedent on this, Devance would probably be playing on Game 5, wrongfully that is.

3. Josh Urbiztondo deserved a technical foul for second motion against Raymundo. He shouldn't be suspended on Game 5.

Let's see how the Commissioner decides on this.
          even if raymundo is suspended for the entire season, TNT won't feel it....but having devance or urbiztondo suspended even for one game, bmeg will surely feel it...
          that's how brilliant chot reyes' strategy is...

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Ticket View Post
            even if raymundo is suspended for the entire season, TNT won't feel it....but having devance or urbiztondo suspended even for one game, bmeg will surely feel it...
            that's how brilliant chot reyes' strategy is...
            BT,

Being a follower of the PBA for several years already, we both know this isn't actually an earth-shaking, innovative and original move on Chot Reyes' part. It appears brilliant because somehow, it appeared to have worked. But this will only work if Devance gets suspended on Game 5. Such is not coming though.

This is an all familiar move on the part of PBA coaches. Baby Dalupan used to do this - fielding players like Bong Dela Cruz, Joy Dionisio and other enforcers to get into the heads of the opposing teams' top players. Jimmy Mariano also used to do this, ditto with Ely Capacio of Tanduay, Yeng Guiao of Red Bull / Rain or Shine, among many others.

But everything rests on Salud's decision here. I won't make any opinion yet on this matter though as we still have to wait for his final decision on this. But my best guess is that Raymundo would be sanctioned with a suspension while Devance and Urbiztondo will be spared.

Comment

• This rather sleepy series has now gained the attention of fans. BMeg and TnT have the more mild-mannered players in the PBA due to the history of their fan bases -- one catered to kids and parents (via the Purefoods route) the other to yuppies and pros. There's some Ginebra in there after all. Still, I don't know why Urbiztondo was complaining; he certainly was rushing to set a hard pick and shouldn't be surprised to get a hard elbow instead. You don't expect to set a hard screen without expecting the defender to physically go through it to teach the shooter a lesson not to depend on others for help. It was just streetfighter Pamboy versus overacting Amboy.

Comment

• Originally posted by dtfernando View Post
                This rather sleepy series has now gained the attention of fans. BMeg and TnT have the more mild-mannered players in the PBA due to the history of their fan bases -- one catered to kids and parents (via the Purefoods route) the other to yuppies and pros. There's some Ginebra in there after all. Still, I don't know why Urbiztondo was complaining; he certainly was rushing to set a hard pick and shouldn't be surprised to get a hard elbow instead. You don't expect to set a hard screen without expecting the defender to physically go through it to teach the shooter a lesson not to depend on others for help. It was just streetfighter Pamboy versus overacting Amboy.
                Yes. Agree with you. Expect elbows to the face-- that's just normal in this league.

And i thought DTfernando was soft.
                If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

This rather sleepy series has now gained the attention of fans. BMeg and TnT have the more mild-mannered players in the PBA due to the history of their fan bases -- one catered to kids and parents (via the Purefoods route) the other to yuppies and pros. There's some Ginebra in there after all. Still, I don't know why Urbiztondo was complaining; he certainly was rushing to set a hard pick and shouldn't be surprised to get a hard elbow instead. You don't expect to set a hard screen without expecting the defender to physically go through it to teach the shooter a lesson not to depend on others for help. It was just streetfighter Pamboy versus overacting Amboy.
                  The only thing I disagree with in your post is the series being "rather sleepy".
                  PBA-Online! » With Complete Career Stats of All Active PBA Players + All-Time Career Stats Leaders

Comment

• what the__! i thought it was a sahod...supot na siko lang pala. Josh like most of the filams are iyakin. Jef cariaso should lecture these softies about Phil basketball. I remember Cariaso during his stint with nikon in the Pbl. He was made a pulutan by Burger machines players. All sorts of cheap shots were thrown at him during their championship. Like it or not, we still have the old style basketball in our veins. So true especially in the ncaa where raymundo comes from. Nasa dugo na nila...

Comment

• Originally posted by paulezra View Post
                      what the__! i thought it was a sahod...supot na siko lang pala. Josh like most of the filams are iyakin. Jef cariaso should lecture these softies about Phil basketball. I remember Cariaso during his stint with nikon in the Pbl. He was made a pulutan by Burger machines players. All sorts of cheap shots were thrown at him during their championship. Like it or not, we still have the old style basketball in our veins. So true especially in the ncaa where raymundo comes from. Nasa dugo na nila...
                      You should have see it to actually judge it. Wayward elbow wouldn't describe it. Pamboy act was fake tough guy act with about a minute to go in a won ball game. It was not that bad but it was not classy-- Chot wouldn't know about it. i think. Simply it was a cheap shot from a scrub trying to incite trouble with key players from their opponents.

Ultimately, i say.. Good job, Chot

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• pingris-mma.jpg

sakuragi is ready for game 5....
                        Last edited by Big Ticket; 04-30-2012, 09:32 AM.

Comment

What if this happened to ex-Bmeg player Roger Yap instead to Urbiztondo? Knowing Roger, I guess, for sure, Pamboy would definitely regret what he has done!!!
                          Not only does God play dice, but sometimes he throws the dice where we can’t see them.

Comment

• one thing definite is the Pba's alive and kicking. Actual paying fans are all over cubao these past games. The only tickets available are the upper box A section. Imagine if its a petron vs bmeg or ginebra. The physicality ( cheap shots and all) have added drama to the already beautiful basketball we are watching.

Comment

• Originally posted by paulezra View Post
                              one thing definite is the Pba's alive and kicking. Actual paying fans are all over cubao these past games. The only tickets available are the upper box A section. Imagine if its a petron vs bmeg or ginebra. The physicality ( cheap shots and all) have added drama to the already beautiful basketball we are watching.
                              True story: About these time last year the security guards and building personnel downstairs were watching Coco Martin in one of his teleseryes. Fact: they were all male and this happened on a Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. This year? They are regularly following the league watching the PBA in earnest. Also every barber shop/sari-sari-store-with-tambayan i pass by from the office is tuned in to AKTV-- i actually get my updates there in times of heavy traffic. Something you can't say about a year or two years ago.

Don't mistake this for the glory years but it's a good sign.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• Originally posted by its_eman8211 View Post
                                Pamboy, very unprofessional player...
                                he doesn't deserved to be n the league

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h--2Vs--iAg
                                Can you say the same for Jaworski Sr.???
                                Smart Gilas 2.0
                                ***I Believe***

Yeng Guiao: Neither the 3 year program or coach Rajko was the factor for the success of Smart-Gilas.

Tab Baldwin: He’s [Rajko] the big reason, maybe the biggest reason they got as far as they did.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information