Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 PBA Commissioner's Cup (reinforced)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eekan View Post
    looks like pba is back on its track thanks to AKTV and twitter with it's trending topic. One major win in the international scene would boos its popularity more, so hoping for the best
    PBA is not just about Ginebra, and that's a fact
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by privateEYE View Post
      I couldn't agree more. Giving some minutes to Gilbert Lao or Japeth Aguilar for Harvey and Peek would spell the difference.
      I hope everything will change when Norman over.
      No. Chot does not trust players with zero brains or balls. Come on now you really thing Aguilar would have an effect on that game when he at best, in the past 10 games he was getting scrub minutes and still producing nothing?

i am amazed at how people believe Aguilar can contribute something THIS conference after what they have seen in the past 2-3 conferences? Don't get me wrong, there's still the great potential stapled in his forehead but as of now he's at the same level as of yes... Gilbert Lao.
      If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• when Ryan Reyes went down and Donell Harvey and Peek fouled out. it was certain TnT would need a miracle.
        The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Congrats to BMEG for a well-deserved win. I thought TNT was on the way to victory. But destiny has a funny way of turning things around.

Credit should go to the Fireball who kept pace with TNT's Alapag early on. Shooting 3 after 3 with Jimmy. James Yap had his moments. But it was the Denzel Bowles Show who plowed TNT.

For TNT, too many walking wounded but despite of it they almost grabbed the crown. Now that the pressure of a Grand Slam out of the way, I would like to see Chot Reyes step off early from the PBA and let Norman Black handle MVP's flagship franchise.

Comment

• Originally posted by yogaflame View Post
            Off topic: Erika is really wet, I don't know if that's there intention hehe (bakat). Barroca, your the man, simpleng tsansing hehe
            He's the man...
            barroca_scandal.jpg
            Darling it's better
            Down where it's wetter
            Take it from me.

- Sebastian, The Little Mermaid

Comment

• Originally posted by toikins View Post
              He's the man...
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]3998[/ATTACH]
              haha lol..
              Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
                but as of now he's at the same level as of yes... Gilbert Lao.
                I find the comparison quite insulting ... to Gilbert Lao.

At least Lao is a rough-and-tumble kind of defender who will give you six hard fouls that'll make you think twice about going in the paint. That's what he's there for ... I know it, he knows it, everybody knows it.

Eh si Japeth? Lelembot-lembot. He has the highlight moves with lowlight will and effort (let's not even discuss the IQ thingy). At this point Aguilar (in my eyes) isn't worth a warm bucket of donkey piss. All hype, no cujones.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay P. Mercado View Post
                  I didn't find it troubling that Chot Reyes didn't insert Japeth Aguilar in overtime to relieve the fouled out Ali Peek. I don't see the logic of fielding someone who was cold off the bench without any minutes played. On the other hand, Harvey Carey has played for a couple of minutes and would be the better defensive option.

Similarly, I don't see the need of putting Aguilar. What can Aguilar do against Bowles? He's 6'9 who plays like a 6'6. Bowles is 6'10 who plays like a 7'1. The difference in weight is almost 80 pounds between the two. Ali Peek and Donnell Harvey struggled mightily to contain Bowles, how would Aguilar have done better?

Besides, it's not like Chot Reyes hasn't given Aguilar his chances. He did on his first few games with TnT. Ultimately, Reyes felt that Aguilar simply didn't have the game and the smarts to do well for his team. I don't blame him - two coaches previous to him - Yeng Guiao and Rajko Toroman - already knew this. Everyone thought Aguilar's game would fit well with TnT since the system was run-and-gun and dribble and drive. But Aguilar, for all the chances given to him, never proved himself to be capable. I'm sure more than what we see during the games, it's during the practice sessions where Aguilar has miserably failed to step up.
                  there's no harm in trying.. anyways all those fielded in were useless against bowles so why not try an athletic japeth but not on bowles in a one on one basis but as a help defense and for rebounding purposes also? chot went with carey, may nagawa ba si carey? mukhang nandun si carey para kumumpleto lang sa lima eh..
                  AKO AY PILIPINO...

Comment

• Originally posted by mondrine View Post
                    there's no harm in trying.. anyways all those fielded in were useless against bowles so why not try an athletic japeth but not on bowles in a one on one basis but as a help defense and for rebounding purposes also? chot went with carey, may nagawa ba si carey? mukhang nandun si carey para kumumpleto lang sa lima eh..
                    If this was a game in the eliminations, then I have no problem with trying. But this is the final game of the conference, Game 7, where the championship is at stake. No coach in his right mind would risk such a move of fielding a player who barely played for the entire series except during scrub time.

It's easy to say that Chot made the wrong decision simply because Carey wasn't able to help stop Bowles from terrorizing TnT's defense. But there's basis in Chot's choice - Carey already played in the game, had played in all games in the series, and has had previous championship experience as a key player of the team's nucleus. Aguilar hasn't. And it's not like Aguilar has already proven in the past of his worthiness.

I'd probably understand the sentiment of many that Chot's fault was his inability to give Aguilar the playing time a 6'9 athletic forward deserves. But can you actually blame Chot? Do we actually know how Aguilar performs during practice? We've since him during actual games, and you know that while he may have the hops, he just couldn't perform in the big stage...at least not yet. And it's not like Chot is the only one who's seen this in Aguilar. Yeng Guiao saw this the very first time he suited up for Burger King. Rajko Toroman patiently tried to mold Aguilar but just couldn't understand what Toroman wants. Hence, there's more reason for Chot to believe that he won't deliver in that crucial stretch compared to Carey.

Comment

• Originally posted by mondrine
                      nakarma lang si chot gaya ni toroman.. hahaha.. hindi marunong gumamit ng grasya..
                      Japeth's lack of balls and brains was the fault of Toroman. This conference (and last) his lack of toughness and basketball IQ is now the fault of Reyes.

Yup. Accountability people, accountability.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• great series. great game 7. i was starting to be disappointed with the uninteresting endings of the last few games but game 7 more than made up for it.

congrats to tnt and bmeg.

the series and game7 particularly shows again our weakness in FTs and our lack of dominant center and power forward among our locals. d pba is pretty much a guard league now. i feel that this is the case for the longest time but at least in the 90s we have the likes of patrimonio, paras, and asaytono. with asi and menk way past their primes and with d retirement of espino, the league need to find or develop a bigger version of patrimonio or paras to keep the league more interesting and for our national team to be much more competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
                          No. Chot does not trust players with zero brains or balls. Come on now you really thing Aguilar would have an effect on that game when he at best, in the past 10 games he was getting scrub minutes and still producing nothing?

i am amazed at how people believe Aguilar can contribute something THIS conference after what they have seen in the past 2-3 conferences? Don't get me wrong, there's still the great potential stapled in his forehead but as of now he's at the same level as of yes... Gilbert Lao.
                          Sorry, but I did not mean that Gilbert Lao or Japeth will produce big numbers. What I'm trying to say is to insert Japeth/Gilbert for Peek/Harvey to allow the latter some more rest and save their personal fouls. If both Harvey/Peek are still playing during the OT period, it could have been a different story. That is a BIG IF.
                          Smart Gilas 2.0
                          ***I Believe***

Yeng Guiao: Neither the 3 year program or coach Rajko was the factor for the success of Smart-Gilas.

Tab Baldwin: He’s [Rajko] the big reason, maybe the biggest reason they got as far as they did.

Comment

• Game 7 lang napanuod ko ng buo sa series na to, hehe. a point blank miss by Bowles could've been the happy ending for TNT, however, B-Meg and Bowles owes a lot dun sa referee na tumawag ng foul during the dying seconds of the 4th qtr, akala ko sa mga liga sa SK lang pinapaganda ang laro, hehe. seriously speaking, Denzel Bowles should have been the MVP Awardee (as mentioned by Thayil and yung mga kakuro-kuro kong tambay sa kanto). I agree to the observations of our fellow forumers here, particularly Bowles being considered to be the Serge Ibaka of the Philippines. I am also wondering what the hell happened to Japeth, is he injured, I've been missing TNT games I don't know why he wasn't trusted during the last minutes of the game, maybe because Chot feared that Japeth wasn't "mentally tough" for those kinds of situation.
                            It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
                            I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

• Wow!

AsVMIQ8CAAE9KII.jpg
                              I'm back. Don't ask why. Just be glad.

Comment

• Originally posted by saints13 View Post
                                Game 7 lang napanuod ko ng buo sa series na to, hehe. a point blank miss by Bowles could've been the happy ending for TNT, however, B-Meg and Bowles owes a lot dun sa referee na tumawag ng foul during the dying seconds of the 4th qtr, akala ko sa mga liga sa SK lang pinapaganda ang laro, hehe. seriously speaking, Denzel Bowles should have been the MVP Awardee (as mentioned by Thayil and yung mga kakuro-kuro kong tambay sa kanto). I agree to the observations of our fellow forumers here, particularly Bowles being considered to be the Serge Ibaka of the Philippines. I am also wondering what the hell happened to Japeth, is he injured, I've been missing TNT games I don't know why he wasn't trusted during the last minutes of the game, maybe because Chot feared that Japeth wasn't "mentally tough" for those kinds of situation.
                                Japeth wasn't trusted the ENTIRE conference (and last too). That should practically tell you the entire story.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information