Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 465

Thread: ASEAN Basketball League Season 3 (2012)

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jomar09 View Post
    I think it's not about the players. Coach Parks may not be the best man suited for the job. I think their system is not too good.
    should not be a valid excuse he had Oliver Bunyi and Coach Leo Austria as lead assistant..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  2. #42
    Senior Member FARIDOON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lovejones View Post
    by the way, whatever happened to junmar? i haven't seen his name in the boxscores in the last 4 or 5 games
    limited playing time..
    http://aseanbasketballleague.com/stats/player/49



    "Toroman is a good coach but nothing special."

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    540
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    The bigman Junmar Fajardo is working hard, this is the evidence: 5 stitches in. 5 stitches out. Just a scratch, he says.




  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,130
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    ABL: Beermen sign former Meralco import Jarrid Famous
    Art Requiron, InterAKTV · Tuesday, February 28, 2012 · 5:56 pm

    The first import that was replaced in the PBA Commissioner’s Cup is heading to the ASEAN Basketball League.

    Jarrid Famous will be reinforcing the ABL’s San Miguel Beermen starting on Wednesday after the six-foot-11 frontman from South Florida was replaced by NBA journeyman Earl Barron as import of the Meralco Bolts.

    Famous will take the place of Doug Thomas, who recently tore his LCL (lateral collateral ligament) making him unavailable for the Beermen’s next matches, and will join Dalron Johnson.

    The Beermen will face the Indonesia Warriors on Wednesday at the Ynares Arena.

    Famous averaged 26 points, 15 rebounds and 1.67 blocks in three games with the Bolts this conference.

    He had 13.9 points and 9.8 rebounds per game in the 2011-2012 season of the NBA Developmental League with the Fort Wayne Mad Ants and Iowa Energy.

    Finally SMB fills their hole at center.
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed it's the only thing that ever has..."
    -Margaret Mead

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    damn u stalker!
    Posts
    586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mangangalakal View Post
    ABL: Beermen sign former Meralco import Jarrid Famous
    Art Requiron, InterAKTV · Tuesday, February 28, 2012 · 5:56 pm

    The first import that was replaced in the PBA Commissioner’s Cup is heading to the ASEAN Basketball League.

    Jarrid Famous will be reinforcing the ABL’s San Miguel Beermen starting on Wednesday after the six-foot-11 frontman from South Florida was replaced by NBA journeyman Earl Barron as import of the Meralco Bolts.

    Famous will take the place of Doug Thomas, who recently tore his LCL (lateral collateral ligament) making him unavailable for the Beermen’s next matches, and will join Dalron Johnson.

    The Beermen will face the Indonesia Warriors on Wednesday at the Ynares Arena.

    Famous averaged 26 points, 15 rebounds and 1.67 blocks in three games with the Bolts this conference.

    He had 13.9 points and 9.8 rebounds per game in the 2011-2012 season of the NBA Developmental League with the Fort Wayne Mad Ants and Iowa Energy.

    Finally SMB fills their hole at center.
    wtf is up with mvp/rsa theyve been swapping players/coaches lately

  6. #46
    Senior Member yogaflame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,633

    Default

    Honestly, Fajardo(I dont want to call him the Kraken anymore because he is not dominating and consistent) is a dissapointment. Up to now he has not shown a dominant or at least impressive game. i give the edge to Greg, he is still better.

  7. #47
    Senior Member Silent Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    8,262
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    He scored 11 pts against Indonesia Warriors. A professional career high for Fajardo

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    damn u stalker!
    Posts
    586

    Default

    of course he'll struggle. Its his first year playing higher level ball. Also its his first year working against 'bigmen', so lets wait a little more
    but as of now
    greg>junemar

  9. #49

    Default

    Junmar Fajardo against Indonesia Warriors

    27 mins
    4/8 FG
    4/8 FT
    12 pts
    7 rebs
    1 blk
    1 stl
    1 ast

  10. #50
    Senior Member acklium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Honestly, Fajardo(I dont want to call him the Kraken anymore because he is not dominating and consistent) is a dissapointment. Up to now he has not shown a dominant or at least impressive game. i give the edge to Greg, he is still better.
    lol to this one, junmar is playing against some of 2-3 stars foreign players unlike to greg who had just played against the midgets in his league.

  11. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,130
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    so far junmar has been disappointing. SMB attempted to play him as an inside anchor (hence their previous recruitment of rather thin, non-center imports like Dalron Johnson and Doug Thomas) but the experiment failed and they had to bring Jarrid Famous in. The upside for Junmar is that he's learning to play against TRUE centers. Too bad Parks didn't pit him against Williams of KL. If I were Parks I'd play JF every game even for only 5 to 10 minutes to develop his confidence and game or maybe try to put him and Famous together as a twin tower combo. the game against INA is a good sign of his improvement but I think he must concentrate on improving his defensive game - so he could complement a more offensive-minded import or even a future NT teammate like Greg S.
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed it's the only thing that ever has..."
    -Margaret Mead

  12. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    540
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    So you think guys the stocks of Aldreach Ramos is higher now than Junmar Fajardo? Because i believe the team who will pick first in 2012 PBA rookie draft will choose between the two.

  13. #53
    Senior Member nardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    17,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mangangalakal View Post
    so far junmar has been disappointing. SMB attempted to play him as an inside anchor (hence their previous recruitment of rather thin, non-center imports like Dalron Johnson and Doug Thomas) but the experiment failed and they had to bring Jarrid Famous in. The upside for Junmar is that he's learning to play against TRUE centers. Too bad Parks didn't pit him against Williams of KL. If I were Parks I'd play JF every game even for only 5 to 10 minutes to develop his confidence and game or maybe try to put him and Famous together as a twin tower combo. the game against INA is a good sign of his improvement but I think he must concentrate on improving his defensive game - so he could complement a more offensive-minded import or even a future NT teammate like Greg S.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMetal View Post
    So you think guys the stocks of Aldreach Ramos is higher now than Junmar Fajardo? Because i believe the team who will pick first in 2012 PBA rookie draft will choose between the two.

    it could be a strategic ploy of the SMC Group to make sure JuneMar Fajardo ends-up in one of its 3 teams in the coming PBA Rookie draft where they have 8 of the 10 picks in the First Round .... this was done by Talk N Text when Chot Reyes brought in Jared Dillinger and have him play sparingly for the SMART sponsored Pampanga Buddies in the Liga Pilipinas where he only averaged about 5 point per game. Rain or Shine thus by-passed him in the draft by picking Gabe Norwood and Jared was eventually picked 2nd overall by Talk N Text in 2008. I remember word going around that time while Jared was playing at the Liga that was just a mere hyped-up Fil-am player from Hawaii and was compared even to the not so special Fil-am Jon Ordonio but come PBA that's the time he played his TRUE game.

    In the basketball business here in the Philippines .... mysterious things does happen in the background just for somebody or some team gets ahead.
    LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
    Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!


    NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
    THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!


  14. #54
    Senior Member durden_tyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    12,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nardy View Post
    it could be a strategic ploy of the SMC Group to make sure JuneMar Fajardo ends-up in one of its 3 teams in the coming PBA Rookie draft where they have 8 of the 10 picks in the First Round .... this was done by Talk N Text when Chot Reyes brought in Jared Dillinger and have him play sparingly for the SMART sponsored Pampanga Buddies in the Liga Pilipinas where he only averaged about 5 point per game. Rain or Shine thus by-passed him in the draft by picking Gabe Norwood and Jared was eventually picked 2nd overall by Talk N Text in 2008. I remember word going around that time while Jared was playing at the Liga that was just a mere hyped-up Fil-am player from Hawaii and was compared even to the not so special Fil-am Jon Ordonio but come PBA that's the time he played his TRUE game.

    In the basketball business here in the Philippines .... mysterious things does happen in the background just for somebody or some team gets ahead.
    On a half-serious note, that or go the Aguilar route-- threaten not to sign (and remain with ABL) after he gets drafted by a non-SMC team. This will force the non-SMC team to trade him to an SMC team eventually. What goes around comes around
    If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

    SMALLBALL, bitches..

  15. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,035
    Country: Kyrgyzstan

    Default

    Aldrech Ramos has been a disappointment. His stats have been the same ever since joining this league.

    In other news, new Pinoys join the ABL: Raymond Aguilar, Earn Saguindel and JP Alcaraz for Chang Slammers replacing Chester Tolomia, Boyet Bautista and Ramsey Williams.

    Short stint for the comebacking Chester Tolomia.

    Ken Bono no longer with Bangkok Cobras. Reading this guy's twitter is disheartening. Poor guy.

  16. #56
    Senior Member digitalsuperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bandung
    Posts
    3,601
    Country: Indonesia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenarcher View Post
    Aldrech Ramos has been a disappointment. His stats have been the same ever since joining this league.

    In other news, new Pinoys join the ABL: Raymond Aguilar, Earn Saguindel and JP Alcaraz for Chang Slammers replacing Chester Tolomia, Boyet Bautista and Ramsey Williams.

    Short stint for the comebacking Chester Tolomia.

    Ken Bono no longer with Bangkok Cobras. Reading this guy's twitter is disheartening. Poor guy
    .
    so he was cut. i've read his tweets too. disheartening indeed.

  17. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,035
    Country: Kyrgyzstan

    Default

    KDP has been cut by SMB, replacing him with PBA veteran John Ferriols.

    Save for Allan Mangahas and Junemar Fajardo, SMB is now composed of veterans just like the Patriots.

    The road back to glory has been short and sour for both former MVPs Ken Bono and Kelvin Dela Pena.

  18. #58
    Senior Member Silent Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    8,262
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenarcher View Post
    KDP has been cut by SMB, replacing him with PBA veteran John Ferriols.

    Save for Allan Mangahas and Junemar Fajardo, SMB is now composed of veterans just like the Patriots.

    The road back to glory has been short and sour for both former MVPs Ken Bono and Kelvin Dela Pena.
    poor KDP and bono. both one time MVP in NCAA and UAAP. so far a sour pro career. KDP has good upside if use properly.

  19. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,035
    Country: Kyrgyzstan

    Default

    KDP should join a weaker ABL team lacking firepower like Saigon Heat or Bangkok Cobras.

  20. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,035
    Country: Kyrgyzstan

    Default

    A bench clearing brawl occurred in today's game between the 2 Philippine teams.

    It all started with a hard unsportsmanlike foul by Dimaunahan on Anthony Johnson. Johnson went straight on Dimaunahan and gave him a headlock. Jun Cabatu, John Ferriols and Erick Rodriguez joined the melee. Johnson and Dimaunahan ejected. Surprisingly no penalty for Ferriols, Cabatu and Rodriguez. If there will be suspensions, Cabatu should definitely be suspended also.

    Cabatu's actions really surprised me. He has never been a violent guy until today.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •