No announcement yet.

ASEAN Basketball League Season 3 (2012)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If they're REALLY good and not just overhyped they could play for our NT.

Comment

• Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
      The real question really is if the PBA will allow ABL players to apply for the draft? The requirement is for them to suit up for a (couple of) conference in the D-League? But what if they came from a pro league like the ABL? Or other pro leagues?
      that's my question sana for you Mr. PBA fan.Is the direct hire system still available?
      "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
        that's my question sana for you Mr. PBA fan.Is the direct hire system still available?
        The PBA EXPERT have the answer already:
        Without any competition, I think the PBA would stand by its present rule of not allowing any player to suit up in the PBA without the minimum number of games required from the D-League. If a player is really good, then imagine the D-League salivating at the prospect of having him suit up there. It won't only be good for the team he's playing for, it would also be good for the D-League...and yes, the PBA.

They allowed pro players in the past from the MBA to go straight to the PBA without having to go through the draft simply because they were in a recruitment war with the former. Knowing fully well that the MBA players' ultimate dream is still the PBA, then Commissioner Jun Bernardino relaxed the rules on them to allow them easy passage to the league and punching the final nail on the MBA's coffin in the process. Of course, these MBA players were automatically disqualified from the ROY race but then, it wouldn't matter.
        i asked as well because even Noli's pushing for a direct-to-draft (and not to-hire) system since it's from a (full) pro league? And as JPM there is no real threat (and well no option for the players) to the PBA if they do not allow such-- simply the players will have just to play a couple of conferences in the DLeague first... i do predict that the PBA will eventually change this rule especially when more prospects play in the ABL. And ESPECIALLY when the ABL starts offering big contracts to PBA prospects/stars-- something the MBA was able to do initially. The difference between the ABL and MBA of course is that the former has big bucks for the long-term...
        If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• Originally posted by toikins View Post
          ....pringle is atleast 5'11.
          but from what i know he is listed at 6'0 /6'1 during college.....
          In the States, your LISTED height is typically with shoes on. That means, your ACTUAL height (without shoes) is at least 1" shorter than your listed height.

I myself did this during my annual physical exams in the States. They would always measure me with my shoes on. Then I asked if I could measure myself without shoes. That's how I found out that my LISTED height was 1" more than my ACTUAL. With athletes (specially in basketball), they sometimes even go beyond the MEASURED LISTED height for marketing purposes, and add 1" more to the MEASURED LISTED height.

If he was LISTED at 6'0", then most likely his ACTUAL height can only be 5'11" at most.

Unlike in boxing, boxers heights are measured without shoes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay P. Mercado View Post
            Without any competition, I think the PBA would stand by its present rule of not allowing any player to suit up in the PBA without the minimum number of games required from the D-League. If a player is really good, then imagine the D-League salivating at the prospect of having him suit up there. It won't only be good for the team he's playing for, it would also be good for the D-League...and yes, the PBA.

They allowed pro players in the past from the MBA to go straight to the PBA without having to go through the draft simply because they were in a recruitment war with the former. Knowing fully well that the MBA players' ultimate dream is still the PBA, then Commissioner Jun Bernardino relaxed the rules on them to allow them easy passage to the league and punching the final nail on the MBA's coffin in the process. Of course, these MBA players were automatically disqualified from the ROY race but then, it wouldn't matter.
            And let's face it, a lot of the players in the MBA who crossed over to the PBA proved the decision of the PBA Board to be correct. They knew what they were doing. There are a lot of MBA stars who made an immediate impact in the PBA or turned out to be superstars, allstars and solid role players.

Comment

• And if you review the history of the PBA, the ABL as it is now is very similar to how the PBA started. A lot of young players (and this is from the whole SEA region not just the Philippines), 2-imports. I think that they will eventually develop their own core of players, shedule more games, level of play and competition will improve, then reduce the non-SEA imports to only one eventually. And there is nothing wrong about this. This'll be good for BOTH leagues. Who knows, the time will come when one ABL spot will be reserved for the PBA All-Filipino champions.

Comment

• The AirAsia Philippine Patriots have replaced Nakiea Miller with Chris Alexander. - ABL
                You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take!

Comment

• Originally posted by ma4ma View Post
                  Noli Eala ‏
                  Its Official! @ChrisBanchero has been allowed by the ABL to finally suit up for the @SanMigBeermen starting Apr 14. Welcome home Chris! #FTW
                  Will this game be televised? Where can i watch it? what local tv station covers this league?
                  I have only seen a few abl games and those happened by chance. i dont know their game and tv schedules...
                  so pls share the schedules. thanks.

btw, how about pringle? when will he play?

and when will Banchero and Pringle meet?

Comment

• Originally posted by weward View Post
                    Will this game be televised? Where can i watch it? what local tv station covers this league?
                    I have only seen a few abl games and those happened by chance. i dont know their game and tv schedules...
                    so pls share the schedules. thanks.

btw, how about pringle? when will he play?

and when will Banchero and Pringle meet?
                    NoliEala
                    1 day til #ABL-Phl Derby! Come n support your@SanMigBeermen vs Phl Patriots tom, 6pm at Ynares Pasig. Witness Fazekas-Crews-Banchero debut.

NoliEala
                    930pm PTV 4 on Saturday po. "@iamjelinemae: @NoliEala sir televised po ba un laban ng @SanMigBeermen on sat? Tnx!"
                    You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take!

Comment

NoliEala
                      1 day til #ABL-Phl Derby! Come n support your@SanMigBeermen vs Phl Patriots tom, 6pm at Ynares Pasig. Witness Fazekas-Crews-Banchero debut.

NoliEala
                      930pm PTV 4 on Saturday po. "@iamjelinemae: @NoliEala sir televised po ba un laban ng @SanMigBeermen on sat? Tnx!"
                      maraming salamat, ma4ma.

trans:
                      thanks

Comment

NoliEala

NoliEala
                        thanks bro. this i have to see.

by the way, pringle boy will also make his debut for the indonesian warriors against the malaysia dragons tomorrow (saturday) at 4 pm our time. i don't know if this will be televised on star sports or espn though.

great Saturday for us basketball freaks:

NBA games in the morning (BTV and NBA Premium)
                        2 PM - FILOIL Ateneo vs Letran (Studio 23)
                        4 PM - FILOIL DLSU vs San Beda (Studio 23)
                        4 PM (Probably) - Stanley Pringle vs Malaysia Dragons (Starsports/ESPN?)
                        6 PM - TNT vs Barako Bulls (AKTV)
                        930PM - Chris Banchero and San Miguel Beer vs Chris Alexander and the Air Asia Patriots (Channel 4)

Heaven lol
                        Last edited by lovejones; 04-13-2012, 01:51 PM.

Comment

• OT:

PTV 4 or channel 4 is NBN 4 right? Just clarifying.

And btw, lovejones, add the 7pm Rugby PH vs SIN at 7pm

Comment

• Originally posted by lovejones View Post

by the way, pringle boy will also make his debut for the indonesian warriors against the malaysia dragons tomorrow (saturday) at 4 pm our time. i don't know if this will be televised on star sports or espn though.

930PM - Chris Banchero and San Miguel Beer vs Chris Alexander and the Air Asia Patriots (Channel 4)

Heaven lol
                            yes a great saturday indeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by lovejones View Post

Heaven lol
                              If i am not mistaken, NBA games are also aired on S23 on Sundays, correct?
                              BTV sched says Memphis vs. Utah (Not bad considering they are in the playoff picture)
                              NBA Premium sched says OKC vs MIN (bad now, without Kevin Love) and MIL vs. IND (not bad, Bucks are trying to get inside the top 8)

Heaven indeed.

And they said basketball is slowing down in this country.
                              If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• do you guys know any live streaming website that offers/shows abl games?
                                I have no problem with smb-banchero's game but i dont think i would be able to watch stanley pringle tomorrow, i can only watch it through internet. tsk tsk
                                I have no cable subscription here...ugh internet is the only way.

TIA.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information