No announcement yet.

ASEAN Basketball League Season 3 (2012)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly, Fajardo(I dont want to call him the Kraken anymore because he is not dominating and consistent) is a dissapointment. Up to now he has not shown a dominant or at least impressive game. i give the edge to Greg, he is still better.
    sigpic

Comment

He scored 11 pts against Indonesia Warriors. A professional career high for Fajardo
      Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

of course he'll struggle. Its his first year playing higher level ball. Also its his first year working against 'bigmen', so lets wait a little more
        but as of now
        greg>junemar

Comment

Junmar Fajardo against Indonesia Warriors

27 mins
          4/8 FG
          4/8 FT
          12 pts
          7 rebs
          1 blk
          1 stl
          1 ast

Comment

Originally posted by yogaflame View Post
            Honestly, Fajardo(I dont want to call him the Kraken anymore because he is not dominating and consistent) is a dissapointment. Up to now he has not shown a dominant or at least impressive game. i give the edge to Greg, he is still better.
            lol to this one, junmar is playing against some of 2-3 stars foreign players unlike to greg who had just played against the midgets in his league.
            sigpic
            the Future!

Latest NBA Trades
            NBA Boxscores
            PBA Updates
            PBA D-Leagues development
            Boxing Latest Buzz
            MMA's Head to Head Match up

Comment

so far junmar has been disappointing. SMB attempted to play him as an inside anchor (hence their previous recruitment of rather thin, non-center imports like Dalron Johnson and Doug Thomas) but the experiment failed and they had to bring Jarrid Famous in. The upside for Junmar is that he's learning to play against TRUE centers. Too bad Parks didn't pit him against Williams of KL. If I were Parks I'd play JF every game even for only 5 to 10 minutes to develop his confidence and game or maybe try to put him and Famous together as a twin tower combo. the game against INA is a good sign of his improvement but I think he must concentrate on improving his defensive game - so he could complement a more offensive-minded import or even a future NT teammate like Greg S.
              “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
              -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

So you think guys the stocks of Aldreach Ramos is higher now than Junmar Fajardo? Because i believe the team who will pick first in 2012 PBA rookie draft will choose between the two.
                "You don't play against opponents. You play against the game of basketball" Bobby Knight

Comment

Originally posted by mangangalakal View Post
                  so far junmar has been disappointing. SMB attempted to play him as an inside anchor (hence their previous recruitment of rather thin, non-center imports like Dalron Johnson and Doug Thomas) but the experiment failed and they had to bring Jarrid Famous in. The upside for Junmar is that he's learning to play against TRUE centers. Too bad Parks didn't pit him against Williams of KL. If I were Parks I'd play JF every game even for only 5 to 10 minutes to develop his confidence and game or maybe try to put him and Famous together as a twin tower combo. the game against INA is a good sign of his improvement but I think he must concentrate on improving his defensive game - so he could complement a more offensive-minded import or even a future NT teammate like Greg S.
                  Originally posted by RedMetal View Post
                  So you think guys the stocks of Aldreach Ramos is higher now than Junmar Fajardo? Because i believe the team who will pick first in 2012 PBA rookie draft will choose between the two.

it could be a strategic ploy of the SMC Group to make sure JuneMar Fajardo ends-up in one of its 3 teams in the coming PBA Rookie draft where they have 8 of the 10 picks in the First Round .... this was done by Talk N Text when Chot Reyes brought in Jared Dillinger and have him play sparingly for the SMART sponsored Pampanga Buddies in the Liga Pilipinas where he only averaged about 5 point per game. Rain or Shine thus by-passed him in the draft by picking Gabe Norwood and Jared was eventually picked 2nd overall by Talk N Text in 2008. I remember word going around that time while Jared was playing at the Liga that was just a mere hyped-up Fil-am player from Hawaii and was compared even to the not so special Fil-am Jon Ordonio but come PBA that's the time he played his TRUE game.

In the basketball business here in the Philippines .... mysterious things does happen in the background just for somebody or some team gets ahead.
                  LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
                  Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
                  THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nardy View Post
                    it could be a strategic ploy of the SMC Group to make sure JuneMar Fajardo ends-up in one of its 3 teams in the coming PBA Rookie draft where they have 8 of the 10 picks in the First Round .... this was done by Talk N Text when Chot Reyes brought in Jared Dillinger and have him play sparingly for the SMART sponsored Pampanga Buddies in the Liga Pilipinas where he only averaged about 5 point per game. Rain or Shine thus by-passed him in the draft by picking Gabe Norwood and Jared was eventually picked 2nd overall by Talk N Text in 2008. I remember word going around that time while Jared was playing at the Liga that was just a mere hyped-up Fil-am player from Hawaii and was compared even to the not so special Fil-am Jon Ordonio but come PBA that's the time he played his TRUE game.

In the basketball business here in the Philippines .... mysterious things does happen in the background just for somebody or some team gets ahead.
                    On a half-serious note, that or go the Aguilar route-- threaten not to sign (and remain with ABL) after he gets drafted by a non-SMC team. This will force the non-SMC team to trade him to an SMC team eventually. What goes around comes around
                    If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

Aldrech Ramos has been a disappointment. His stats have been the same ever since joining this league.

In other news, new Pinoys join the ABL: Raymond Aguilar, Earn Saguindel and JP Alcaraz for Chang Slammers replacing Chester Tolomia, Boyet Bautista and Ramsey Williams.

Short stint for the comebacking Chester Tolomia.

Ken Bono no longer with Bangkok Cobras. Reading this guy's twitter is disheartening. Poor guy.

Comment

Originally posted by greenarcher View Post
                        Aldrech Ramos has been a disappointment. His stats have been the same ever since joining this league.

In other news, new Pinoys join the ABL: Raymond Aguilar, Earn Saguindel and JP Alcaraz for Chang Slammers replacing Chester Tolomia, Boyet Bautista and Ramsey Williams.

Short stint for the comebacking Chester Tolomia.

Ken Bono no longer with Bangkok Cobras. Reading this guy's twitter is disheartening. Poor guy
                        so he was cut. i've read his tweets too. disheartening indeed.
                        The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

KDP has been cut by SMB, replacing him with PBA veteran John Ferriols.

Save for Allan Mangahas and Junemar Fajardo, SMB is now composed of veterans just like the Patriots.

The road back to glory has been short and sour for both former MVPs Ken Bono and Kelvin Dela Pena.

Comment

Originally posted by greenarcher View Post
                            KDP has been cut by SMB, replacing him with PBA veteran John Ferriols.

Save for Allan Mangahas and Junemar Fajardo, SMB is now composed of veterans just like the Patriots.

The road back to glory has been short and sour for both former MVPs Ken Bono and Kelvin Dela Pena.
                            poor KDP and bono. both one time MVP in NCAA and UAAP. so far a sour pro career. KDP has good upside if use properly.
                            Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

KDP should join a weaker ABL team lacking firepower like Saigon Heat or Bangkok Cobras.

Comment

A bench clearing brawl occurred in today's game between the 2 Philippine teams.

It all started with a hard unsportsmanlike foul by Dimaunahan on Anthony Johnson. Johnson went straight on Dimaunahan and gave him a headlock. Jun Cabatu, John Ferriols and Erick Rodriguez joined the melee. Johnson and Dimaunahan ejected. Surprisingly no penalty for Ferriols, Cabatu and Rodriguez. If there will be suspensions, Cabatu should definitely be suspended also.

Cabatu's actions really surprised me. He has never been a violent guy until today.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information