PBA 2013 Mock Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jordan Bruiseter View Post
    Ray Parks. From what I've seen, Coach Cone does not prefer to use a big man to dominate, but rather, to help facilitate on offense. Slaughter's skills might not get used in full under his system. Ray Parks's versatility, however, is a dream for Coach Cone.

I prefer Slaughter to be under Coach Black or Coach Yturri.
    Tonnichi yturri? Really?

Comment

If parks jr decides to apply for the draft for sure he wont be pick by yeng. Theirs norwood at sf plus array of role players like ibanes, arana, matias playing the 3 spot. And ROS is already loaded at guard spots

Its a toss up between ian and GS for yeng

If Mixers got the 1st pick, they'll either pick parks jr or ian. Ian because to either backing up YDO or ping. Tim can use ydo/ian, ian/ping combo.

Parks jr, because it adds versatility in the line up from 3 positions. Cone loves tall guards. Wesley for sure will be shift to barako bull for sure if parks jr was chosen by mixers

If Bgk gets the 1st pick, they'll choose either greg or ian. They need a big man because bgk's bigs are aging. they wont choose parks jr because kings is already loaded at sf, sg and pg positions. Most probably they'll get gs..
      Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

I still think Ray Parks is too raw at the moment. But after seeing teenagers play in the Pro league in other sports, I thought hell, might as well start him young.

It is a tough choice between the 6'7" Sanggalang and the 7'0" Slaughter. Slaughter is still 5" taller and a dozen or so pounds heavier than Sanggalang, but Sanggalang is quicker and arguably is more skilled.
        Philippine Football News on Facebook

rhk111's Military and Arms Page

Comment

Parks to smc
          Slaughter to bgk
          Sangalang to ros

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
            If parks jr decides to apply for the draft for sure he wont be pick by yeng. Theirs norwood at sf plus array of role players like ibanes, arana, matias playing the 3 spot. And ROS is already loaded at guard spots

Its a toss up between ian and GS for yeng

If Mixers got the 1st pick, they'll either pick parks jr or ian. Ian because to either backing up YDO or ping. Tim can use ydo/ian, ian/ping combo.

Parks jr, because it adds versatility in the line up from 3 positions. Cone loves tall guards. Wesley for sure will be shift to barako bull for sure if parks jr was chosen by mixers

If Bgk gets the 1st pick, they'll choose either greg or ian. They need a big man because bgk's bigs are aging. they wont choose parks jr because kings is already loaded at sf, sg and pg positions. Most probably they'll get gs..
            Like what sir JPM said, Sangalang could be Yeng's guy. Ian's patron is a close political associate, plus the Kapampangan ties tilt the balance in favor of Sangalang to ROS, unless Yeng surprises everyone and picks Slaughter to be the newest member of Extra Rice Inc.
            “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
            -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

i doubt greg joins the draft this year, he'll surely be included in the gilas lineup along with kevin alas. oh and almazan isn't returning to letran anymore too? if that's so then the best 5 would look be (no parks yet) sangalang, almazan, salva, pascual, nuyles...team needs would have to be considered but if purely on talent that's the top 5.

Comment

In the recent SPIN article about Bobby Ray's plan of joining the PBA, it talked about a PBA rule that I didn't know about. To quote:

"...the PBA's new eligibility rules require Fil-foreign players 25 years old or below to play in at least two conferences of the PBA D-League or the national team."

Does this mean that Fil-Fors with PBA aspirations above 25 are exempt from the D-League and National Team?

The reason why I'm asking this is Stanley Pringle has just turned 26 last March 5. On the other hand, Chris Banchero (born 1990) and Moala Tautuaa (born 1989) are still below 25.

It should be noted that Jason Deutchman (per the ESPN profile) was born on Sep 1986. Though he only played a handful of games in one conference in the D-League, he was still able to join the PBA Draft last year. Is he a good example of someone who used this route?
                Last edited by lovejones; 03-21-2013, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lovejones View Post
                  In the recent SPIN article about Bobby Ray's plan of joining the PBA, it talked about a PBA rule that I didn't know about. To quote:

"...the PBA's new eligibility rules require Fil-foreign players 25 years old or below to play in at least two conferences of the PBA D-League or the national team."

Does this mean that Fil-Fors with PBA aspirations above 25 are exempt from the D-League and National Team?

The reason why I'm asking this is Stanley Pringle has just turned 26 last March 5. On the other hand, Chris Banchero (born 1990) and Moala Tautuaa (born 1989) are still below 25.

It should be noted that Jason Deutchman (per the ESPN profile) was born on Sep 1986. Though he only played a handful of games in one conference in the D-League, he was still able to join the PBA Draft last year. Is he a good example of someone who used this route?
                  Deutchman technically played 2 conferences in the d-league

Comment

UAAP rule stands in the way of parks decision to join PBA rookie draft

A UAAP rule that bars players from joining the PBA draft immediately after its season stands in the way of Bobby Ray Parks and his PBA plans.

Parks has expressed his desire to make himself available for this year’s draft set November 3, telling Spin.ph on Wednesday that he will make a decision at the end of National University's season in the UAAP this October.

However, a UAAP board member confirmed that league rules state that a collegiate player will have to wait a year after his last season with his varsity team before being allowed to enter the professional ranks.

That poses a dilemma for Parks, who can only join the pro league draft in 2014 at the earliest if he decides to play for a third season with the Bulldogs this season.

However, if the UAAP MVP insists on entering the PBA draft late this year, he needs to sit out the coming collegiate season with the Bulldogs.

On Wednesday, Parks did not discount the possibility of entering this year’s PBA draft but stressed that his focus right now is on the Bulldogs' quest for a long-overdue UAAP championship.

“I think I’m eligible (for the PBA draft). The idea was brought up to light because it (PBA option) was actually there," he said. "It opened up another door, just like looking in and where this possibility could take us and see where that goes.”

The UAAP rule on prospective PBA draftees was put in place to supposedly allow student athletes to focus on their studies while still with the school.

It also stemmed from a controversy involving former La Salle star Don Allado, who was picked by Alaska as a direct hire in 1999 at a time when he was still playing for the Green Archers in the UAAP.

Allado, who currently plays for Barako Bull in the PBA, ended up finishing his playing year with La Salle that season before joining the Aces, but not after missing several games.

The UAAP rule is in stark contrast to that in the NCAA where players can enter the pro league draft while still playing for their schools.

This explains why Calvin Abueva was able to continue playing for the San Sebastian last year after being drafted by Alaska.

Follow the writer on Twitter: @reubensports

the difference between allado's case and possibly parks is that allado apply or directly hire in january of 99 then suits up in 3rd conference wheras parks the draft will be in nov. It wont smack the uaap season conpare to allado.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                      [url]
                      the difference between allado's case and possibly parks is that allado apply or directly hire in january of 99 then suits up in 3rd conference wheras parks the draft will be in nov. It wont smack the uaap season conpare to allado.
                      correct! the only issue here is when is the deadline of application for the PBA draft....if it falls during the UAAP season, there would be a problem because once parks officially enters his name for the draft, he loses his eligibility...

Comment

updated Mock draft

www.pbadraft.net
                        facebook.com/Pbadraftnet
                        twitter.com/PBADraftdotnet

"ONE MAN ARMY"

Comment

Do I see it right, Meralco does not hold a single pick in the first two rounds?

Thinking of the possibility of having Pascual and Sangalang play in one team - San Mig Coffee maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by logre23 View Post
                            I think Salva, Fortuna, Slaughter and Silungan are not eligible for this year's draft, if my understanding of the UAAP rules are correct

Comment

Originally posted by CoJ View Post
                              I think Salva, Fortuna, Slaughter and Silungan are not eligible for this year's draft, if my understanding of the UAAP rules are correct
                              they're eligible. Salva already announce his intentions for pba draft this year same as greg.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CoJ View Post
                                They wont anymore play in the coming UAAP....

BTW, what was your understanding of the rule?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information