PBA 2013 Mock Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Allanhboy View Post
    If Almazan is a legit 6'7 without shoes then AVO should be a legit 6'8 without shoes ! Who is better right now between the two ? Both are good defensively, any thoughts ?

Almazan is a shade under 6'8. AVO could be a legit 6'9 (without shoes). He could be right afterall when he claimed he is 6'9 in one interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfrancis View Post
      Almazan is a shade under 6'8. AVO could be a legit 6'9 (without shoes). He could be right afterall when he claimed he is 6'9 in one interview.
      Precisely, AVO must have grown at least an inch since highschool. He was 6'8 already playing for Lasalle greenhills. He could potentially grow another inch and reach 6'10. If he does, he'll definitely be a lock for number 1 overall pick in his draft class and a big boost for Gilas!

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
        Actually we lack shooters period. Who are the next Caidic, Chan or even Ritualo in this batch?
        shooters are rare nowadays even the koreans( according to their coach last fiba) are no longer that potent. In this years draft though, there are a number of shooters coming up, these are matute ( can play the point and has good size too), vidal ( too small for 2 guard), villarias (small 2), Celiz , marata ( pro material), Forrester( inconsistent).

Comment

• Originally posted by paulezra View Post
          shooters are rare nowadays even the koreans( according to their coach last fiba) are no longer that potent. In this years draft though, there are a number of shooters coming up, these are matute ( can play the point and has good size too), vidal ( too small for 2 guard), villarias (small 2), Celiz , marata ( pro material), Forrester( inconsistent).
          among them, it's only villarias who i can classify as a pure shooter...vidal is more chucker than shooter while matute, marata and forrester are scorers - meaning they need to find their rhythms first - more than shooters...while celiz isn't even anything..lol tata bautista is the only real pure shooter left in the amateurs now that villarias has applied for the draft.

their not in the al solis, boy cabahug, roel gomez, allan caidic, pido jarencio skill range though...

Comment

• Matute and Vidal can be like RJ Jazul, instant offense off the bench.

Comment

• Rajko Toroman on Greg vs. Junmar.

Barako Bull coaching consultant Rajko Toroman has had the opportunity to coach both June Mar Fajardo and Greg Slaughter, giving him intimate knowledge of the potential of the two young giants.

And the veteran Serbian coach sees Slaughter, tabbed to be the No. 1 pick this year by Barangay Ginebra San Miguel, coming along faster than Fajardo did after being selected first overall last year.

“It depends on the adjustment of Greg. June Mar has great offensive skills, but it took him two conferences before he adjusted. I think Greg needs just one conference to adjust to the PBA style of play,” Toroman told InterAKTV in an exclusive interview.

“Greg is also a great rebounder and defender and is a very smart player.”

Slaughter and Fajardo both began their Filipino collegiate careers in Cebu, where they started their rivalry. The expectations are high on Slaughter after Fajardo showcased dominant form for Petron in the recently-concluded Governors’ Cup.

Toroman briefly coached Fajardo while he served as consultant for the Petron Blaze Boosters last season. He also handled Slaughter during his stint coaching the SMART-Gilas Pilipinas national team.

“I think Greg’s advantage is his international experience. He has played a lot of times in the national team,” said Toroman.

“It’s like in 2011 when guys like JVee Casio, Mark Barroca, Marcio Lassiter, Chris Lutz, and Mac Baracael entered the draft. They’re star players now on their respective teams and I expect Slaughter to be the same.”

Slaughter, for his part, shrugged off comparisons between him and Fajardo.

“I don’t want to pattern myself after anyone,” Slaughter said. “The only thing I will be focusing is helping my team get the wins right away. Winning and be responsible to whatever team I play for and if I land at whatever team, I will be happy If I get a chance to play for the championship.”

hotshot

Comment

• Grabe ambigat pala ni Usita. Have him team up with Buenafe and you have team UNLI-RICE!

Comment

• Asked what Barako Bull needs to strengthen its positions, Toroman said they hope to solidify their frontline by taking a center, a wingman to add scoring threat, and a point guard to stabilize their backcourt rotation.

I am guessing Toroman will get Holstein for their legit center, Romeo or Forrester for combo guard and maybe RR or Melton at the point..
                  Chua was only 6'4 on the measurements and I think Toroman likes defensive minded/ athletic centers like Isaac.

Comment

• the difference between slaughters and Sangalang was to be expected, what suppriised me is the difference between in lenght between Sngalang and Almazan

2. Raymond ALMAZAN (Letran) Ht: 6' 7.75" / Wt: 194 / Wingspan: 81
                    7. Ian Paul SANGALANG (San Sebastian) Ht: 6' 5.625" / Wt: 212 /

Esentially without jumping that translates to a 5 inch difference (3 inches in height and 2 inches in arm length) in how high you can reach. , that's practically a whole hand, in basketball terms that is huge
                    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by killmebusy View Post
                      among them, it's only villarias who i can classify as a pure shooter...vidal is more chucker than shooter while matute, marata and forrester are scorers - meaning they need to find their rhythms first - more than shooters...while celiz isn't even anything..lol tata bautista is the only real pure shooter left in the amateurs now that villarias has applied for the draft.

their not in the al solis, boy cabahug, roel gomez, allan caidic, pido jarencio skill range though...
                      Villarias impresses me the most. He can score anywhere on the floor. V idal and Matute are strictly 3 point shooters who cannot drive or do anything else.

Comment

• Originally posted by OjiesIII View Post
                        Asked what Barako Bull needs to strengthen its positions, Toroman said they hope to solidify their frontline by taking a center, a wingman to add scoring threat, and a point guard to stabilize their backcourt rotation.

I am guessing Toroman will get Holstein for their legit center, Romeo or Forrester for combo guard and maybe RR or Melton at the point..
                        Chua was only 6'4 on the measurements and I think Toroman likes defensive minded/ athletic centers like Isaac.
                        he also doesn't want low IQ project players...

Comment

He holds his own and even outplays ola...who is easily 6'9 250lbs.
                          Ola actually dominated him twice already this season. And Caperal. But he still put out very decent but not eye popping numbers . His one on one defense is still suspect IMO but wow his measurements are really something for a local player. If Tim or Yeng drafts him he could be very good.

Comment

Yup he would rather play undersized but cerebral players. So I'm guessing they'll pick Chua?

Comment

Basketball IQ can be taught but Height and athleticism aint. Toroman is best in improving youre basketball IQ, players development. That's what he did in Iran, they have size but Toroman taught them international basketball. IMHO its the best choice for them. I don't think Holstein has a low basketball IQ as well, I mean he has limited offensive skills but he got good defensive awareness and timing. Playing and learning for from Division II US NCAA college coach does help either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Allanhboy View Post
                                Precisely, AVO must have grown at least an inch since highschool. He was 6'8 already playing for Lasalle greenhills. He could potentially grow another inch and reach 6'10. If he does, he'll definitely be a lock for number 1 overall pick in his draft class and a big boost for Gilas!
                                AVO went to Lasalle Zobel not greenhills

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information