No announcement yet.

PBA 2013 Mock Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isnt the ABL a rival league of the PBA?

Comment

• Originally posted by greenarcher View Post
      Why not? Isn't the point of the "residency" to gauge the players' actual performance? Isn't 1 year in the ABL enough to reduce the residency period?

If he's a bust in the ABL, then he has 1 more conference in the D-League to redeem himself. If he's a star player like Banchero and Melton, then they don't have to waste their time playing 2 conferences in a lower-level league when teams already know what they can offer; 1 conference should be enough.

It's not a special treatment, it's shortening the time players need to prove themselves. If they can do it, they can do it. If they can't, they can't. I don't see the difference between serving residency in the ABL and the D-League. Treating 1 season in the ABL as 1 conference in the D-League sounds reasonable to me. That's how I see it.

Times change. Circumstances change. Rules need to be amended to adapt to these changes. There wasn't an ABL before. The ABL started as a sucky league but you can't deny the improvement in the level of competition today. It just gets better and more competitive every season. So why can't a stint here substitute for 1 conference of D-League basketball? This is just for Fil-Fors so please don't say Jai Reyes or Jerrick Canada.
      who told you that, that is the point of residency?
      The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• So if it's not to gauge the players, what then? Just to see if they really want to live in the Philippines?

Anyway, the reason doesn't matter because in the end, it's not about justifications anyway. I'll just hear the same old argument where these leagues impose their own rules because they can. (Just like the UAAP and their stupid Pingoy rule which they eventually amended to accommodate a release clause).

From my POV, 1 season in the ABL is enough to reduce the residency. Now if the ABL is a rival league or if the PBA just wants to show its autonomy/authority, then so be it.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
          Maybe the boxscores?

Comment

So if it's not to gauge the players, what then? Just to see if they really want to live in the Philippines?
            lol. you're funny. you want the pba to bend its rules for ABL players, yet you don't even know what is the purpose of residency.
            The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Ticket View Post
              Maybe the boxscores?

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
                lol. you're funny. you want the pba to bend its rules for ABL players, yet you don't even know what is the purpose of residency.
                Who's funnier? You criticize me for "not knowing" the real reason but you can't even tell me what the "real" reason is.

Why don't you post an article quoting a PBA representative stating the reason for the 2-conference residency to back up your criticism? Don't act like an all-knowing God like Big Ticket who thinks he knows everything about basketball. I can't stop laughing when he got ganged up in his own team's thread in PEX. Feeling kasi masyado.

The PBA trimmed the residency from 4 conferences to 2 conferences so "rules" are never final. When there's reasonable basis, there's always a room for adjustment. You guys talk as if you represent the PBA.

Comment

Who's funnier? You criticize me for "not knowing" the real reason but you can't even tell me what the "real" reason is.
                  well at least i don't pretend to know.

Comment

• See? You're just another self-righteous know-it-all like Big Ticket. You criticize people for "not knowing" when you can't even prove that you "know" the real reasons.

It's not pretending until you disprove my statement. Until you produce a black-and-white statement from the PBA, I'm neither right nor wrong. I'm "wrong" just because the 2 of you said so? Hahahahaha! Dream on.

Comment

• Wait, why am i included in your fight?

Comment

• the rules are fine as it is now...just to avoid any issue, filams or locals should just play in the pbadl first then think of going straight to the abl second.

well, what makes melton or banchero any different from parks or slaughter or kiefer? they too are already bona fide stars yet they still need to play in the dleague. we all know what these guys can already offer...heck we've known for 5 years now yet they did not request for a "straight to the pba draft without the dleague" pass.

Comment

See? You're just another self-righteous know-it-all like Big Ticket. You criticize people for "not knowing" when you can't even prove that you "know" the real reasons.

It's not pretending until you disprove my statement. Until you produce a black-and-white statement from the PBA, I'm neither right nor wrong. I'm "wrong" just because the 2 of you said so? Hahahahaha! Dream on.
                          lol. what a bufoon.

i never said you were wrong. i asked you who told you that information..

Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
                          you didn't answer my question and you said this.

Originally posted by greenarcher View Post
                          So if it's not to gauge the players, what then? Just to see if they really want to live in the Philippines?

Anyway, the reason doesn't matter because in the end, it's not about justifications anyway. I'll just hear the same old argument where these leagues impose their own rules because they can. (Just like the UAAP and their stupid Pingoy rule which they eventually amended to accommodate a release clause).

From my POV, 1 season in the ABL is enough to reduce the residency. Now if the ABL is a rival league or if the PBA just wants to show its autonomy/authority, then so be it.
                          you just confirmed to us you don't know. i would assume you just proved yourself you were wrong. not me.

that is why i said this.

Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post

Comment

• the residency is fine for me. if you want to play in the pba, go straight to the D league and not in the abl, or play for the country. if banchero wanted to make more money earlier, sorry for him, he still has to go through the d league.

Comment

• Point is, if filams want to play for the pba then they shouldnt waste their time in the abl...just go straight to the dleague. Unless theyre already over 26.

Comment

• LOL. The point of residency is to gauge a player's actual performance? *facepalm*

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information