PBA 2013 Mock Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by greenarcher View Post
    Yeah Barako can still use a PG. Even Globalport can use a REAL PG.
    Totally. Whoever gets Fortuna in the 2nd round can say they have the steal of the draft.

Though history can tell that pure PGs from local college leagues aren't really used a lot. Pamboy Raymundo and Pong Escobal comes into mind. Though you can say it also comes with opportunity.
    Philippines is in National Team transition mode.

Comment

• Originally posted by eindhow View Post
      Totally. Whoever gets Fortuna in the 2nd round can say they have the steal of the draft.

Though history can tell that pure PGs from local college leagues aren't really used a lot. Pamboy Raymundo and Pong Escobal comes into mind. Though you can say it also comes with opportunity.
      fortuna is a far cry from those two...pong has no reliable offense while pamboy isn't even a decent dribbler. the only knack on fortuna is his height (or lack thereof) but all the tools are there. i can see petron drafting him and making him their 3rd pg after cabaggie and denok...and once injuries hit them he'll give them valuable minutes either as a starter or off the bench. norman black also sees him very highly...and he'd be a definite upgrade over pamboy as the 3rd pg behind jimmy and castro. problem is, although he might get drafted he might not last in the pba coz of the surplus of sought after pg's coming out in the next few years...amer, romeo, sumang, pingoy and rr.

so what's the final decision of parks..will he or won't he? let's just treat the mock now as he won't. same with banchero and pringle.

1. SMC: Slaughter - parks would go here if he joins otherwise this is a no brainer
      2. ROS: Sangalang - actually a better fit for ROS since he has better range than greg, pampanga connection with yeng
      3. BGK: Almazan - this will be the top 3 should parks, banchero and pringle forego the draft so bgk gets a big either way
      4. BB: RR Garcia - this is where it gets tricky but RR might be the best fit among the remaining guards to run their system
      5. BB: Salva - 2 time UAAP finals MVP, will learn under seigle
      6. BB: J.Pascual - fresh of a pbadl mvp stint but is undersized and slow plus needs to add range
      7. ROS: R.Pascual - another one of the pinatubo trio for coach yeng to play with, ROS is crazy deep
      8. SMC: Alas - backup to barocca and simon should grow under cone/johnny A
      9. AA: Lastimosa - Seriously...
      10. GP: Chua - He just might be the only center left on their roster

On the Bubble (no particular order):
      Nuyles - hasn't been the same since shoulder surgery but with strong camp showing can enter first round/top 5 even
      Camson - overshadowed by hard working J.Pascual in NLEX but has more potential imo
      Lanete - a tough first round snub but skills simply too ordinary, he should concentrate with gilas first
      Forrester - under the radar since arellano ain't known for producing pba players but with strong ncaa showing will get picked
      Fortuna - as i said above, will start career as a 3rd stringer but should get a shot once injuries to the starters come
      Cawaling - has fallen of the map since being cut by gilas, not so strong showing in abl
      Poligrates - didn't follow up a breakout first conference in the dleague but could be excused coz of coach's leave
      Silungan - can't just seem to put it together
      Holstein - still not a fan but will get a shot if measurements hold up (listed as 6'8)
      Bringas bros - old school enforcers sadly have no room in the current league...

Comment

• The PBA needs to add more teams. Getting drafted in the top doesn't even guarantee you some playing time. Fortuna is good but I doubt he will be given an opportunity to succeed.. Besides he's doing great at the ABL

Comment

• Country first as Pascual in no hurry to turn pro

JAKE Pascual is in no hurry to turn pro.

Named Best Player of the Conference in the just concluded PBA D-League Foundation Cup, Pascual said he’s setting his sights on playing for flag and country first before making himself available for the rookie draft.

The 24-year-old former San Beda stalwart said he won’t pass up the chance to play for the national team shortly after winning the conference’s highest individual plum.

“Hindi ko palalagpasin ‘yung opportunity na makatulong sa bayan,” Pascual said. “Maraming gustong makatulong sa bayan sa pamamagitan ng basketball. Ako, nandyan na, i-ga-grab ko muna, kaya mag-stay muna ako sa Gilas cadet (pool).”

Pascual became the third NLEX player to win the coveted award after Cliff Hodge and Ian Sangalang. He beat out Allan Mangahas of Blackwater Sports, Terrence Romeo of Big Chill, and Maclean Sabellina of Boracay Rum for the honor.

Pascual admits he has been getting a lot of feedback that he is ready to turn pro. However, he still wants to play for the country after being a member of the cadet pool that won the 19th Super Kung Sheung Cup Championship in Hong Kong earlier this year.

“Maraming nagsasabi na puwede na ako mag-PBA. Gusto ko ‘yun, pangarap ko ‘yun pero gusto ko muna i-grab ‘yung opportunity na maglaro for the country,” Pascual said.

Comment

• Originally posted by slasher View Post
            Country first as Pascual in no hurry to turn pro

http://www.spin.ph/sports/basketball...ex-gilas-cadet
            Good for him. Di siya suwapang unlike Ian and Vic, former MVPs who refused to play for our country

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
              Good for him. Di siya suwapang unlike Ian and Vic, former MVPs who refused to play for our country
              i really think it is a good choice for them. if you look at the level former gilas starters players now. im sure it will be enticing.
              The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Yeah except if you're Ballesteros or Cawaling hehe.. Even Guevarra and Jazul are serviceable players now.

Comment

• Aside from SEA Games, what other leagues can Jake join to represent the country?

Are the Philippines still taking the Asian Games seriously? But that is still on 2014!

Comment

• Originally posted by unstopaball12 View Post
                    Aside from SEA Games, what other leagues can Jake join to represent the country?

Are the Philippines still taking the Asian Games seriously? But that is still on 2014!
                    The dubai tournament in january and the hong kong tourney.

Speaking of asiad games, chot plans to enlist ineligible fil foreign players for cadets. we might see a Aaron Craft sighting, moala tautuaa, stanley pringle?
                    Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• ^ Hopefully that happens.

We can have a team of ineligibles

PG: Stanley Pringle/ Chris Banchero
                      SG: Aaron Craft/Ryan Reyes/Sol Mercado
                      SF: Lutz/Lassiter

Kidding aside, I hope chot looks at the big picture and gets our cadet players to join major tournaments. Such as thr Asian games. I think we put more emphasis now to fiba asia.

Guys like Parks, Ravena and to an extent I think guys like Amer and Ferrer deserve a chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by unstopaball12 View Post
                        ^ Hopefully that happens.

We can have a team of ineligibles

PG: Stanley Pringle/ Chris Banchero
                        SG: Aaron Craft/Ryan Reyes/Sol Mercado
                        SF: Lutz/Lassiter

Kidding aside, I hope chot looks at the big picture and gets our cadet players to join major tournaments. Such as thr Asian games. I think we put more emphasis now to fiba asia.

Guys like Parks, Ravena and to an extent I think guys like Amer and Ferrer deserve a chance.
                        ryan reyes is ineligible?

i think what pascual doing is risky...yes it's noteworthy but his stock is highest now as it has ever been - winning the pbadl mvp can do that - and going gilas first ain't a sure thing. he might end up like cawaling or ballesteros since i really don't see him that highly...he's 6'3 at best, limited shooting range, not that well built and plays pf,c...he has a great motor and work ethic though...i'm surprised he's even being considered for gilas.

Comment

• I thought Banchero, Matuaa, and Pringle will join the draft?? Not to mention other surprise fil-ams out there...

Comment

• Fil- foreigners are now required to play in the Dleague for a number of seasons before they could be drafted..

Comment

• Fil-Foreigners have to play for at least 2 seasons in the PBA D-League. So that means Banchero will most likely join the 2015 draft. TNT/Meralco better stockpile some 2015 picks. LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
                                Fil- foreigners are now required to play in the Dleague for a number of seasons before they could be drafted..
                                pringle does not have to take the d-league route as he is already 26 (or over) years old...banchero & moala are below 26...

FYI: 2 conferences of PBA d-league ball is required

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information