No announcement yet.

Origins of Naturalized Turkish Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Claiming that all Turks who are blond are Devshirme is stupid. First of all I thought that it was prohibited for them to marry and create a family? Tell me if I am wrong because I am not so sure...
    Second there was a lot of Turkic tribes that lived in Europe long before ottomans came to the Balkans. Seljuks, Karamans and other turkush tribes were also living in Anatolia long before them. A lot of Turkic tribes- Kumans, Pechenegs, Oghuzs, Khazars who came from Central Asia and lived in large areas in what is today Ukraine, North Caucasus and Balkans were with pale skin, blue/green eyes and blonde or light brown hair. The Oghuz tribe now still exists as the Gagauz people who live in Moldova and Ukraine and speaks turkish but they are Ortodox Christians. Khazar empire was the one who adopted Judaism in 8th century and a lot of people believe that European Jews who were/are living in Germany, Poland, Russia, Ukraine etc are their descendants also know as the ashkenazi jews. Saphardi Jews on the other hand are the ones who originate from Middle East and usually look darker. Kumans used to live in areas of what is today Northeastern Bulgaria and Southeastern Romania and used to be a big threat/allies/citizens of Second Bulgarian kingdom. This part of Europe during 13th-14th century was often attacked and under control of Mongol-Tatar tribes and after that in 15th century was in Turkish hands. Local population of kumans mixed with tatars and after that with karaman turks who were forced to move there after their kingdom in what is today Konya fell in the hands of the ottomans.

Our part of the world is a melting pot because it's the crossroad of the Old World... Just look how many tribes of every origin were existing in those places. Balkans, Eastern Europe, Anatolia are places where people, tribes, nations have mixed for a lot of centuries.

PS Jugoslav, sport in Bulgaria is declining in general... Sport infrastructure and financing is really poor so it's not our fault. Here is a video about the football team that dominates here right now. The owner is bulgarian, most of the players are some brazilians, romanians and other foreigners but the club is from Razgrad which is with a turkish majority. I hate them anyway because I support Levski Sofia. From 07:43 you can watch some interviews with the local people. In places with turkish majority even old bulgarian speak turkish because people live together and communicate with each other.

Yaşa Mustafa Kemal Paşa yaşa;
    Adın yazılacak mücevher taşa.

Comment

I just saw this photo from Mehmet Okur, in description he wrote in Bosnian "Bosanski brat"(Bosnian brother)
      1,658 Likes, 15 Comments - Mehmet Okur (@mehmetokur.13) on Instagram: "Bosanski brat @nurkic23"

And people shoud know that borders changed, so when you say that some Turkish player have origins from "Serbia" or "Montenegro", they are from the areas of former Bosnia Eyalet, but it's today part of Montenegro and Serbia. Their ethnicity is Bosniak, but just borders changed during history.
      Last edited by BiHBasket; 02-12-2016, 10:06 PM.
      Due to his elegance and imagination, Mirza Delibasic was one of the continent's greatest ever players.

Comment

mehmet okur familys orgin, ordu - turkey, blacksea

Comment

Originally posted by BiHBasket View Post
          I just saw this photo from Mehmet Okur, in description he wrote in Bosnian "Bosanski brat"(Bosnian brother)
          1,658 Likes, 15 Comments - Mehmet Okur (@mehmetokur.13) on Instagram: "Bosanski brat @nurkic23"

And people shoud know that borders changed, so when you say that some Turkish player have origins from "Serbia" or "Montenegro", they are from the areas of former Bosnia Eyalet, but it's today part of Montenegro and Serbia. Their ethnicity is Bosniak, but just borders changed during history.
          Mehmut Okur's great grandfather on his father's side was from Sarajevo, while his ancestors on his mother's side came to Turkey from Ukraine but were originally from the Caucasus.

About Bosnia Eyalet and Muslims from today's part of Montenegro and Serbia, you seems to be the one who forgot that borders changed during history. Bosnia Eyalet was an administrative division of the Ottoman Empire established in 1580 on the territory of the present-day Bosnia and Herzegovina, on the territories of Slavonia, Lika and Dalmatia in present-day Croatia and on territories of the medieval Principality of Serbia and later the Grand Principatly of Serbia whose capital was Ras near the actual city of Novi Pazar. So according to you everyone who lived on those territories before the Ottoman occupation were Bosniaks. Unfortunately for you, History is saying the opposite. Once again you are confusing two different issues - the Ethnicity and the Religion. I guess that the pain of facing reality as it really is forces you to live in denial. To make things even more confusing and grotesque, even one of the leader of nowadays Muslims from Raška (or Sandžak as Muslims and Turks like to say) Sulejman Ugljanin considers himself as a descendant of the first Archbishop of the autocephalous Serbian Orthodox Church. Schizophrenia when you hold us. Famous writer Meša Selimović gave the best reflects of that state of mind in his masterpiece novel and psychological study "Death and the Dervish".

We are no one's, always at a boundary, always someone’s dowry. Is it a wonder then that we are poor? For centuries now we have been seeking our true selves, yet soon we will not know who we are, we will forget that we ever wanted anything; others do us the honour of calling us under their banner for we have none, they lure us when we are needed and discard us when we have outserved the purpose they gave us. We remain the saddest little district of the world, the most miserable people of the world, losing our own persona and nor being able to take on anyone else's, torn away and not accepted, alien to all and everyone, including those with whom we are most closely related, but who will not recognise us as their kin. We live on a divide between worlds, at the border between nations, always at a fault to someone and first to be struck. Waves of history strike us as a sea cliff. Crude force has worn us out and we made a virtue out of a necessity: we grew smart out of spite.
          So what are we? Fools? Miserable wretches? The most complex people in the world. No one is such a joke of history as we are. Only yesterday we were something that we now wish to forget, yet we have become nothing else. We stopped half way through, flabbergasted. There is no place we can go to any more. We are torn off, but not accepted. As a dead-end branch that streamed away from mother river has neither flow, nor confluence it can rejoin, we are too small to be a lake, too big to be sapped by the earth. With an unclear feeling of shame about our ancestry and guilt about our renegade status, we do not want to look into the past, but there is no future to look into; we therefore try to stop the time, terrified with the prospect of whatever solution might come about. Both our brethren and the newcomers despise us, and we defend ourselves with our pride and our hatred. We wanted to preserve ourselves, and that is exactly how we lost the knowledge of our identity. The greatest misery is that we grew fond of this dead end we are mired in and do not want to abandon it. But everything has a price and so does our love for what we are stuck with.

Historical timeline

Principality of Serbia

Serbia_950.jpg

Grand Principalty of Serbia

Serbia_under_Stefan_Nemanja_and_Stefan_the_First-Crowned.jpg

Bosnia Eyalet

1280px-Bosnia_Eyalet,_Central_europe_1683.jpg
          Last edited by serbianhoops; 02-18-2016, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post

Players that are born in Turkey as Turkish, but have different ethnic backgrounds
            Hidayet Turkoglu (family roots from Bosnia)
            Turkoglu's family formerly known as Ramičević is from the village of Ribariće in the municipality of Tutin (Southwestern Serbia). I won't be surprised if Turkoglu has family ties with another Bayrampaşa-native, Fenerbahçe's female basketball player Hülya Çoklar whose original surname was also Ramičević. Though it would deserves further research to be 100% certain.

Comment

Originally posted by serbianhoops View Post
              Turkoglu's family formerly known as Ramičević is from the village of Ribariće in the municipality of Tutin (Southwestern Serbia). I won't be surprised if Turkoglu has family ties with another Bayrampaşa-native, Fenerbahçe's female basketball player Hülya Çoklar whose original surname was also Ramičević. Though it would deserves further research to be 100% certain.
              Former football player Saffet Sancaklı is also from Tutin, his family emigrated to Turkey when he was two: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saffet_Sancakl%C4%B1

One day in the past, I saw him on Tv and said that Ömer Aşık's grandparents were also from Sandzak but I've never heard a statement that makes it correct from Ömer Aşık, who is from Bursa Province: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bursa_Province

I don't know so much about Hülya Çoklar but know that Birkan Batuk has some family ties with Hedo.

Comment

Originally posted by turk-jugoslav View Post
                Former football player Saffet Sancaklı is also from Tutin, his family emigrated to Turkey when he was two: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saffet_Sancakl%C4%B1

One day in the past, I saw him on Tv and said that Ömer Aşık's grandparents were also from Sandzak but I've never heard a statement that makes it correct from Ömer Aşık, who is from Bursa Province: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bursa_Province

I don't know so much about Hülya Çoklar but know that Birkan Batuk has some family ties with Hedo.
                Sancakli is a typical Turkishized surname for people coming from Sandžak. For instance, the original surname of Fenerbahçe's SG prospect Ekrem Sancakli (2001) is Husić. He is not related to Saffet as far as I know.

Comment

Originally posted by serbianhoops View Post
                  Sancakli is a typical Turkishized surname for people coming from Sandžak. For instance, the original surname of Fenerbahçe's SG prospect Ekrem Sancakli (2001) is Husić. He is not related to Saffet as far as I know.
                  Yes, Sancak or Sancaklı is very common... I thought Ekrem was relative of Saffet. Ekrem Sancaklı may be related to former Fener player, Ömer Sancaklı(SG-1.95m)
                  fb ülker.jpg guy in the first from left, near Enes Kanter.

Actually, Ömer looks very similar to Saffet Sancaklı. I would like to know what kind of relation there are between Saffet, Ekrem and Ömer.

P.S: Guy in the third row from right is Kerem Hotiç( Hadžić), who comes from very wealthy and popular Bosniak-descent family. For his stats: http://basketbol.tblstat.net/pd.asp?p=1611
                  Last edited by turk-jugoslav; 03-06-2016, 10:20 PM.

Comment

As I remember, Steven Rogers (who played for Tofas and Efes) has obtained Turkish passport too.

And, if we dig enough, I am sure we can find different origin for the 70 % of the player.

Comment

Originally posted by ab_mj View Post
                      As I remember, Steven Rogers (who played for Tofas and Efes) has obtained Turkish passport too.

And, if we dig enough, I am sure we can find different origin for the 70 % of the player.
                      You are right, ab_mj, Rogers also got Turkish passport. Thanks. He kept his name as it was also on TR passport.

There are a few that I remembered/found out in the meantime.

- Aziz Bekir (Adis Beciragic, Bosnia)
                      - Sedat Pinar (Samir Seleskovic, Bosnia)
                      - Emir Halim (Emir Halimic, Bosnia)
                      - Samir Aydin (Samir Avdic, Bosnia)
                      - Sanel Ibrahimoglu (Sanel Ibrisimovic, Bosnia)
                      - Steven Rogers (Steven Rogers, USA)
                      - Kevin Rankin (Kevin Rankin, USA)
                      - Hakki Uzun (Henry Turner, USA) nice memories, great player
                      - Zaza Enden (Zaza Enladze, Georgia)
                      - Zaza Pachulia (Zaza Pachulia, Georgia)

As far as I know, none of these players were eligible for NT.
                      5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information