No announcement yet.

Arsalan Kazemi in NCAA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow, great player. I guess filipino fans will get a close up view of this guy come this August.

Comment

Originally posted by budz17 View Post
      wow, great player. I guess filipino fans will get a close up view of this guy come this August.
      There is a very high chance that this won't happen as Kazemi's main priority is making it to the NBA so he will probably be play in NBA summer leagues this summer..

Comment

In related news the main story right now for Kazemi, is how he, Ahmad Ibrahim and Omar Oraby were facing racial discrimination at Rice University and how they all left the team because of this.

Report: Arsalan Kazemi alleged racial discrimination from Rice AD in transfer to Oregon

Arsalan Kazemi might never have transferred to Oregon where he has been instrumental in the Ducks' Sweet 16 run this season if not for alleged racial discrimination he said he endured for three years from the athletic director at Rice University.
        SI.com reported Kazemi, the first Iranian-born player in NCAA Division I history, was allowed to transfer to Oregon without sitting out the customary season because of a hardship waiver he obtained from the NCAA. In applying for the waiver, SI.com reported that Kazemi told the NCAA Rice athletic director Rick Greenspan regularly made derogatory comments of a racial and religious nature to him, two former teammates and a former assistant coach. Kazemi is Muslim. Kazemi told the NCAA that when talking with a teammate in Arabic, Greenspan asked if they were having an "Al-Qaeda meeting." It was one of numerous incidents of similar comments Kazemi alleged were made by Greenspan during his time at the school.

The former assistant, Marco Morcos, an Egyptian native, was not retained last year and all three players left the program. Omar Oraby, an Egyptian, also was granted a hardship waiver and transferred to USC, according to the report. The third player, Ahmad Ibrahim, turned pro to play in his native Lebanon.
        Kazemi said in his waiver request that Greenspan told Morcos to "recruit more terrorists" on multiple occasions.
        Greenspan denied the allegations when contacted by the website.
        "I'm glad he's having success in the postseason, but we at the university categorically deny any allegations of discriminatory treatment that might be claimed during his time at Rice," Greenspan said.

The school also issued a statement calling the allegations "meritless" and said head coach Ben Braun and Greenspan strongly denied the allegations.
        Morcos alleged discrimination in a complaint with the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, SI.com reported citing Morcos' attorney.
        Kazemi, a 6-foot-7 forward, leads the Ducks in rebounding with 10 per game and has averaged more than nine points a game. Oregon received the No. 12 seed in the Midwest Region of the NCAA tournament, despite winning the Pac-12 tournament. The seeding hasn't been a problem for the Ducks who face Louisville tonight in the Sweet 16. Louisville is the No. 1 overall seed in the tournament.

Comment

Kazemi left a good impression with his pre-draft workouts with NBA scout. From reports, scouts liked his rebounding and dexterity around the basket.
          Sacramento Kings
          HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Sacramento Kings

Comment

Latest interview with Arsalan with NBA Draft Express

Comment

I think the Trailblazers will be a good fit for him.
                Sacramento Kings

Comment

Today Arsalan Kazemi worked out with his 4th NBA team (Orlando Magic) after having previous work outs with the Lakers, Nets, and RocketsKazemi.jpg

Comment

Today Kazemi had a working with the Dallas Mavericks. Kazemi mentioned that Dirk is one of the nicest guys he's met

Kazemi+Dirk.jpg

Comment

Yesterday Kazemi worked out with the Golden State Warriors

Arsalan Kazemi‏@kazemiworld
                      Had a great workout with Golden State Warriors, thanks for having me.
                      #kazemiworld #Goldenstatewarriors #Iran
                      Kazemi.jpg

Comment

Now it's time with the Jazz

Arsalan Kazemi ‏@kazemiworld
                        Had great workout with Utah Jazz, thanks for having me. #kazemiworld #UtahJazz #iran #thankfulforthisopportunity
                        Kazemi-Jazz.jpg

Comment

Atlanta Hawks

Arsalan Kazemi‏@kazemiworld
                          Had a great workout with the Atlanta Hawks, thanks for having me #kazemiworld #AtlantaHawks #Iran #Represent

Comment

Kazemi continuing with his USA tour

Arsalan Kazemi ‏@kazemiworld
                            Had a great workout with Minnesota Timberwolves, thank you for having me. #kazemiworld #MinnesotaTimbersolves
                            Kazemi with Timberwolves.jpg

Comment

Kazemi will have 5-6 more workouts this week before draft day. Thursday 27th June could be Arsalan's biggest day till now if he gets drafted.

Comment

Originally posted by behzadir View Post
                                Kazemi will have 5-6 more workouts this week before draft day. Thursday 27th June could be Arsalan's biggest day till now if he gets drafted.
                                Well in the Draft Express latest rankings of the top 100 prospects Kazemi is ranked in 46th place meaning that there is a very good chance that he might get drafted in the mid/late second round.
                                I really hope he gets drafted and all works out well for him!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information