X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
    goodbye Chot might also mean goodbye Javale Mcghee
    If i were MVP, if Chot will make Javale Mcghee as an edge, i would just simply replied "No Mcghee No TnT"

Comment

• So the Circus has started. After Toro has been ousted, the race is open to local grandstanding, maneuverings, below the belt dealings etc. Who ends up on top will be the next top clown. este coach

Sorry for the sarcasm. Been out too long under the Brisbane sun. Hard to start anew but have to do what needs to be done.

Comment

• ull see......

CHOT to coach SMARTGILAS2!....

while JONG will coach TNT!...

Comment

• Sir nardy,

Final n talaga ung ke coach T?
          I hope MVP can still change his mind because it will be better I think if we can continue coach T contract within 2 years with hindsight of developing a future filipino replacement if that's what MVP would like
          suggestion Jong with his demeanor players will eventually respect him

Comment

• Originally posted by caputrukahs16 View Post
            Sir nardy, Final n talaga ung ke coach T? I hope MVP can still change his mind because it will be better I think if we can continue coach T contract within 2 years with hindsight of developing a future filipino replacement if that's what MVP would like suggestion Jong with his demeanor players will eventually respect him
            that's one of the failures of Coach Rajko .... Development. He did not really train an understudy even though he had a lot of Assistants. He did not accomplish the task of Long-term Development Project Director which he was originally contracted to do as he was so concentrated in making SMART GILAS a winning team even if Phenoms Kiefer Ravena, Ray Parks, etc were being given to him, he seems to have no time or patience on honing the future of our basketball. The original vision was that he was supposed to develop a pool of players for international competition, however all of a sudden he made a 360 turn and instead sought PBA Reinforcements as immediate success was prioritized by Toroman over development. But still he fallen short despite the PBA patch-up job.

If you remember Eric Altamirano, Louie Alas and Binky Favis were supposed to be his understudies but Coach Rajko was not open to the idea. Toroman from the start does not want assistants as he said he could best accomplish things by his lonesome. However volunteer Assistant Coaches Allan Gregorio, Jude Roque and Djalma Arnedo was installed on the insistence of management. Oliver Bunyi was later added after the trip in Serbia had people asking how can Coaches with heights of below 6 feet can be a Big Man Coach. MVP insisted Chot Reyes and Ryan Gregorio to be part of the coaching staff to assist Coach Rajko. Later on Charles Tiu was accomodated as per request of Toroman.

On-game Adjustment is also not the strength of Toroman, he could not make changes to counter an opposition who had well scouted his play patterns and tendencies. He would stubbornly stick on something which worked previously even though at present time its not working. He is not prepared for changes.
            Last edited by nardy; 01-15-2012, 05:13 PM.
            LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
            Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
            THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by RAIN-OR-SHINE
              ---
              I was referring to the topic of SBP coaching. Let's not get waylaid off the topic just because of jealousy "Thony". I'm over it. Hopefully you will be too. This is the only way you can move on in life. You jut have to accept that sometimes there are people born to play the game despite the obvious physical attributes or lack thereoff. Sure he will beat your team over and over again despite your preparations but that does not mean you prepared less. I hope you can move on because it's just pathetic that even in your holidays back home you are still haunted by the enigma that you have witnessed 6 months ago. He is a very good boy please don't hate on him.
              On topic, the race for the next coaching position is going to be very interesting. What is more interesting is how they are marketing themselves.
              Last edited by TrueBluePinoy; 01-16-2012, 01:27 AM.

Comment

• i hate to see CHOT as the coach of our NT
                there are lot of coaches better than him
                id like tim cone to be our coach
                his the last coach of the RP Team that brought
                a medal in international competiton

REMEMBER
                1998 Asian Games Tim Cone - 3RD PLACE
                2002 Asian Games Jong Uichico - 4TH PLACE
                2007 FIBA ASIA Chot Reyes 9TH PLACE
                2009 FIBA ASIA Yeng Guiao 8TH PLACE
                2010 ASIAN GAMES Rajko Toroman 6th PLACE
                2011 FIBA ASIA Rajko Toroman 4TH PLACE
                sigpicNEVER SAY DIE PILIPINAS!

Comment

• Originally posted by caputrukahs16 View Post
                  Sir nardy,

Final n talaga ung ke coach T?
                  I hope MVP can still change his mind because it will be better I think if we can continue coach T contract within 2 years with hindsight of developing a future filipino replacement if that's what MVP would like
                  suggestion Jong with his demeanor players will eventually respect him
                  Good as done unless umaasa ka pa
                  If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• south american basketball is the new euro ball.

get someone from argentina to coach the NT.

Comment

• Originally posted by manu_bol View Post
                      south american basketball is the new euro ball.

get someone from argentina to coach the NT.
                      if its possible, the coach of brazil !

Comment

• Originally posted by nardy View Post
                        the way Chot is passing the blame on his players instead of taking command of responsibility which I feel MVP would not fail to hear or notice.

The way I feel is that we need a coach who the players could respond well, who the players feel is there to support them all the way and in return they are willing to die for. Our teams have been falling short and we really need a big boost from somewhere, for me its still the players who would dictate how far we'll go no matter who is the coach. We could still continue the good things that were used by Coach Rajko even if he's no longer the one in charge.

We know the kind of opposition we'll be facing, we also know the different shortcomings of our past national teams .... its time we form a team that could address our past mistakes and be more than competitive with our rivals. Its time we junk the old process of choosing players wherein we consider heavily on one's popularity but really form the Team that could really accomplish the goal.
                        "its time we form a team that could address our past mistakes and be more than competitive with our rivals."

talking about our "past mistakes", one of them is our imprudent habit of constantly changing the national team head coach tournament after tournament. And we keep repeating such mistake again & again as if we will never learn our lessons.

Having a new head coach in every FIBA-asia tournament means new system, new set of players for the nat'l. team (each coach has his own "taste" of players as far as basis of selection is concerned), another adjustment period. In short always starting from scratch again & again. Is there "continuity" after all? That's why Philippine basketball could hardly take off. Instead, we remain stagnant by repeating the same mistakes over & over again.
                        "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by weward View Post
                          if its possible, the coach of brazil !
                          He is from Argentina if im not mistaken Ruben Magnano
                          in the 2011 Americas finals ,before the start of the game against argentina
                          he receive an standing ovation with crowd so i think he is one of the best
                          coach argentina has produced
                          sigpicNEVER SAY DIE PILIPINAS!

Comment

• Originally posted by nardy View Post
                            actually am wondering why the said group is a bit to quiet as of late, we did not hear from them when Bobby Parks was appointed the Head Coach of San Miguel Beermen in the ABL or when Norman Black became the head coach of the SINAG PILIPINAS National Team. Nobody questioned the appointment of Billy Ray Bates as Assistant Coach/Consultant of the Philippine Patriots.
                            Yeah, with the BCAP it's always a case of "no news is good news". So it's best to let sleeping dogs lie.

The ABL being an international league tends to have more foreigners/imports across the board. If the BCAP picked this league as one of their poisons to do battle, they'd be potentially exposed to more ridicule for archaic arguments smacking of protectionism (disguised as uhh..."nationalism").

On the other hand, foreign coaches in the PBA remains a touchy issue with some Filipinos until today, a sentiment easily pounced upon by BCAP elements with their own agenda. We all know this has historical precedent (Bayno/TnT, Moran/Shell, et al). It doesn't help that former PBA commissioner (and current SBP exec dir) Barrios defined the PBA scope as "Philippine basketball for Filipinos".

As for Narvasa, I tend to agree with Jay that MVP seems to have found a way to placate these diehards, or at least some of them. I'd like to believe that MVP has been pushing the right buttons on this one thus far.

Specifically, Narvasa's "mute" button.

Comment

• Originally posted by rocketstar47 View Post
                              He is from Argentina if im not mistaken Ruben Magnano
                              in the 2011 Americas finals ,before the start of the game against argentina
                              he receive an standing ovation with crowd so i think he is one of the best
                              coach argentina has produced
                              i don't think brazil will let go of magnano anytime soon. they're headed to the olympics this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by rocketstar47 View Post
                                i hate to see CHOT as the coach of our NT
                                there are lot of coaches better than him
                                id like tim cone to be our coach
                                his the last coach of the RP Team that brought
                                a medal in international competiton

REMEMBER
                                1998 Asian Games Tim Cone - 3RD PLACE
                                2002 Asian Games Jong Uichico - 4TH PLACE
                                2007 FIBA ASIA Chot Reyes 9TH PLACE
                                2009 FIBA ASIA Yeng Guiao 8TH PLACE