Lebanese NT 2013 Head Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lebanese NT 2013 Head Coach

How wrong i was when i called him clueless.look at what he did with jordan.the guy is system coach, not like sarkis streetball..

we should bring him back or someone like him

What coach Tab Baldwin said before the final game... - Sep 26, 2011 (by Maarouf Mawloud)

I am working very hard for the final game against China so I don't have much time to discuss things right now but I'm happy to make a couple of short comments for you,eurobasket and sportkello.

here what coach Thomas Baldwin had said...:

Of course, our Federation, the team and coaching staff are very proud of what we have accomplished so far but there is one more game to go and our entire focus is on trying to find a way to beat a great China team. We realize that it is a huge job to beat this team but we came to this tournament for this one opportunity to win to go to London so we are not going to simply concede and give the game to China because they are playing so well right now.

We have received so many 'Congratulations' from our fans back home in Jordan and even from the Royal Family which is a tremendous lift for our team. We've had a very, very difficult summer with many disruptions within the team but we have stuck together and things have finally come together at the right time.

Our wins over Iran and the Philippines were great team efforts. The players played well together, committed themselves unselfishly to the game plan and put all their effort on the court. They totally put aside their individual goals and realized that the only name on the uniform that mattered was the name on the front of the uniform, 'Jordan'. Because of this, and this alone, we were able to change our mentality during the tournament and come together as a team. In today's game, win or lose, nothing is more important than this one, single point. With this, we have our best chance to win and the absolute right to hold our heads high no matter the outcome.

Regarding my time in Lebanon, I've held many jobs in many places in my career and, like every single coach in the world, there have been people who were against me and those who supported me. I learned a long time ago that I can never please all the people. Many, many people have their own agendas and their own choices of who they want to support. As long as you are winning, they remain quiet but the second you lose, they emerge and seem to shout louder than all the supporters ever did. This is simply the nature of fans. They only want to win and it's natural that they are impatient when you don't win since they don't see how you work, they don't attend every practice, they don't sit next to you at the computer watching the hours of work that goes into practice and game analysis and they certainly don't share in the, oftentimes, extremely difficult task of trying to figure out how to manage the personalities and egos of the players in your team and how to blend these into one cohesive unit. And, most importantly, they don't know how to coach...it's not their job so why should they know how to coach? Nor should they know! The fan wants to share in success and if success isn't there, they will rarely be patient and wait for a coach's work to come to fruition over time.

Lebanon has taught me one great lesson (after almost 30 years of coaching, I'm still learning). I will never again sign a single year contract since I believe that for me to be truly successful, I need time to make the players MY players in order to get them to play MY way. Here, with Jordan, we have taken big strides in achieving this but I believe the best is yet to come.

This championship is a credit to my players and the Federation who has supported us so well. The players have earned the right to play in this championship. For me, it is a priviledge to join them in this game as I still feel I'm a newcomer to this team. In time, we will grow even stronger together and become a better team. This is my dream, my hope and my goal. But, for today, for Jordan and my players, it is all about London.

I thank the many Lebanese fans who have sent messages of support to our team and some kind words for me as well. I accept them all for our team and hope that they add a measure of strength to our team and help us push this effort across the finish line.

This means that Coach Tab will be staying with the Jordanian NT for a while... Jordan will be playing in the pre-Olympic qualifiers next year so for sure he will still be coaching them till then.

Comment

Our NT coaches since 1999:

1999: Milou Meneceur

2000: Andrew Young (RIP)

2001: John Neumann

2002: John Neumann

2003: Ghassan Sarkis

2004: Ivan Edeshko

2005: Paul Coughter

2006: Paul Coughter

2007: Dragan Raca

2008: Fouad Abou Chacra

2009: Dragan Raca

2010: Thoman "Tab" Baldwin

2011: Ghassan Sarkis

2012, 2013: ???
      Last edited by Khalid80; 09-27-2011, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid80 View Post
        http://www.asia-basket.com/Jordan/ba...?NewsID=242993

This means that Coach Tab will be staying with the Jordanian NT for a while... Jordan will be playing in the pre-Olympic qualifiers next year so for sure he will still be coaching them till then.
        what did i tell u !!.....
        Lucky Jordanians... at least they are wise !! unlike us...gheshe w meshe...
        shi bi arref !! disgusting...

Long Live Lebanon !! (Except All the Politicians!!)
        Long Live Lebanon !! (Except All the Corrupted Citizens and All the Politicians!!)

Comment

Hey guys i'd go for paul caughter again .... He's an amazing coach

Comment

Our NT coaches since 2001:

2001: John Neumann

2002: John Neumann

2003: Ghassan Sarkis

2004: ??? (I can't remember)

2005: Paul Coughter

2006: Paul Coughter

2007: Dragan Raca

2008: Fouad Abou Chacra

2009: Dragan Raca

2010: Thoman "Tab" Baldwin

2011: Ghassan Sarkis

2012, 2013: ???
            in 2004, it was Ivan Idechko
            Proud to be Lebanese
            www.arabasket.com

Comment

i used to post under name bury please, and kept saying baldwin is clueless.i am happy to admit i was wrong.

baldwin should have stayed, sarkis is streetball coach...baldwin is system coach...

i was wrong, baldwin is best manager we had...i never valued...and now after we lost him, i see his value

Comment

Originally posted by daniab View Post
                in 2004, it was Ivan Idechko
                Thanks Dany. I barely remember this... maybe because I wasn't in Lebanon and there weren't any major events for the Lebanese NT that year.

Here's a pic of him when he was young And another much more recent one
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Khalid80; 09-27-2011, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Thanks Dany. I barely remember this... maybe because I wasn't in Lebanon and there weren't any major events for the Lebanese NT that year.

Here's a pic of him when he was young And another much more recent one
                  he coached Lebanon in Waba which took place in Jordan, and it was a qualifier for Stankovic cup, but we didn't make it as we finished fourth but our team missed Fadi El khatib and many many many many other players. I remember though, we lost a close match against Iran who introduced back then Hamed Haddadi for the first time in the senior team.

He also coached our youth team in the Asian tournament, he had good not great results!

BTW, you can add Milou Meneceur, the French coach who coached Lebanon at the Asian championship 1999 in Fukuoka!
                  Last edited by daniab; 09-27-2011, 05:24 PM.
                  Proud to be Lebanese
                  www.arabasket.com

Comment

Originally posted by daniab View Post
                    he coached Lebanon in Waba which took place in Jordan, and it was a qualifier for Stankovic cup, but we didn't make it as we finished fourth but our team missed Fadi El khatib and many many many many other players. I remember though, we lost a close match against Iran who introduced back then Hamed Haddadi for the first time in the senior team.

He also coached our youth team in the Asian tournament, he had good not great results!

BTW, you can add Milou Meneceur, the French coach who coached Lebanon at the Asian championship 1999 in Fukuoka!
                    Thanks for the info. Dany! I remember we had a French coach and that his name was Milou

Do you remember we once used to have an American coach for our NT but he got sick and passed away (I can't remember his name) and if i'm not mistaken we got John Neuman as his replacement.

Edit: I found out the name. He was Andrew Young (RIP)... This is the info. I could find about him:

In 2000 the Lebanese Basketball Federation signed a contract with the best coach ever to came to the Middle East Andrew Young , he started to prepare all the National teams for the big events to come. The Lebanese National Team won the WABA championship that year but lost their coach one day before the start of the championship who passed away in a hospital in Beirut from a long time illness. This event gave the Lebanese national team a bigger motivation to go till the end
                    History - Federation Libanaise de Basketball - GameDay, fixtures, results, ladders, statistics, news and events for the Federation Libanaise de Basketball, on GameDay, the Home of Grassroots Sport
                    Last edited by Khalid80; 09-27-2011, 06:00 PM.

Comment

We should have for 100% a new foreigner coach who trains the european system and that has a long experince in it where he should treat all players in a nice way instead of our current coach otherwise we will always fail to be successful in basketball and definitely we cannot reach the world cup if our coach hadn't changed ,lets hope for the best in the future.

Comment

For Me ,GET MIDAUGAS BLUE STARS COACH !!! OR ELIAS ZOUROS ,a greatt coach and why not Meodrag Perisic Anibal Coach ,he s doing very good in Zahle ,got Dubai Tournament and having a great team with great chemistry and winning a lot of games and specially their Win in Manara and Dik El Mehde !!
                        Proud To Be Lebanese

Live Streaming On LBCI Site :http://www.lbcgroup.tv/sports

Source:

Lebanese Basketball Group on FB (THX TO ROY HAJJ FOR ALL THE STATS)

www.sports-leb.com

www.sportkello.com

http://www.malaeeb.com/

Comment

Veselin Matic i think is available
                          sigpicNEVER SAY DIE PILIPINAS!

Comment

he coached before a Club in Lebanon and he didn't succeed !! he was fired after 3 Weeks !
                            Proud To Be Lebanese

Live Streaming On LBCI Site :http://www.lbcgroup.tv/sports

Source:

Lebanese Basketball Group on FB (THX TO ROY HAJJ FOR ALL THE STATS)

www.sports-leb.com

www.sportkello.com

http://www.malaeeb.com/

Comment

Originally posted by gazara View Post
                              he coached before a Club in Lebanon and he didn't succeed !! he was fired after 3 Weeks !
                              What team did he coached there?
                              sigpicNEVER SAY DIE PILIPINAS!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information