Page 29 of 67 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: ~~ The Lebanese National Team 2013 ~~

Quote Originally Posted by rocketstar47 View Post
    Does Lebanon sacked Garnett Thompson as a naturalized player?
    Yeah Thompson is no longer the naturalized player of the Lebanese NT. You can see that we keep changing our naturalized players and this is bad because it means there is no stability.

Quote Originally Posted by francesces View Post
    thx khalid80 , among the 23 names ( julian is included ) and we all know that terry is not a pure 5 and he's 2m3 , so if ghassan chose him, that's mean for sure he'll take julian . but there is sth that i don't understand, did julian confirm his presence with the NT if they 'll call him ?
    This is the only issue pending... When Julian returns with Sagesse from Dubai they will discuss this issue with him and ask him if he would like to represent the Lebanese NT and I sure hope he doesn't reject after all the problems they caused for him ever since he came to Lebanon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
    KHALID !! lik DONT MAKE ME GO NUTS !! hehe
    dude, the guy already committed suicide 3 times before... and made extremely huge mistakes and stupid and bad decisions during those 2 failed years of his job with the NT just for the sake of his personal satisfaction and i dono what else was there under the table such as deals extra income... WHATEVER !!! and any stupid JUNIOR manager / analyst / controller / observer would never recommend him as coach for any LEAGUE even ... and definately not for any NT !!!!....

im sure things are gona go wrong again and lol... rab rabbak ma 3ash yshilo la ghassan sarkis as long as politics is involved !!....life taught me my friend that pessimism is the key of happiness ! specially in LEBANON... ntg will go right at ANYTIME... and if it did... it will be only temporary ...
    Hehe... Man what can we do? If there is anything in Lebanon that gives you some kind of hope even if it's a slight one then it's basketball... Many people like you and me have left Lebanon for better lives and opportunities abroad and for sure the way everything is in Lebanon makes you feel pessimistic as nothing seems to improve. And for sure it's always better to have low expectations so you don't keep getting disappointed every time...

Quote Originally Posted by Khalid80 View Post
    Hehe... Man what can we do? If there is anything in Lebanon that gives you some kind of hope even if it's a slight one then it's basketball... Many people like you and me have left Lebanon for better lives and opportunities abroad and for sure the way everything is in Lebanon makes you feel pessimistic as nothing seems to improve. And for sure it's always better to have low expectations so you don't keep getting disappointed every time...
    100%

thats a real shame though! ...
    Long Live Lebanon !! (Except All the Corrupted Citizens and All the Politicians!!)

Julian Khazzouh will leave Sagesse and head back to Australia as his mom passed away this morning... May she RIP

Final Roster for Lebanese NT at the WABA are:

1-Ali Mahmoud (180-PG)(Al Riyadi Beirut)
    2-Rodrigue Akl (188-PG)(Sagesse Beirut)
    3-Jean Abdel Nour (199-SF)(Al Riyadi Beirut)
    4-Hussein El Khatib (192-SG)(Champville Club)
    5-Fadi El Khatib (199-SF)(Champville Club)
    6-Ahmad Ibrahim (201-SF)(Al Riyadi Beirut)
    7-Mazen Mneimneh (192-SG)(Byblos Club)
    8-Roy Samaha (206-C)(Mouttahed)
    9-Ali Kanaan (206-C)(Al Riyadi Beirut)
    10-Nadim Hawi (205-C)(Champville Club)
    11-Julian Kazzouh (211-C)(Sagesse Beirut)
    12-Reyshawn Terry (203-SF/PF)(USA)(NATURALIZED PLAYER)

Khaled do you think this is a healthy roster ?
    Who will handle the PF position as i can't see any PF in this lineup: where's Matt Freiji and Tabet brothers? Where's Bassel Bawji ? Is Nadim Hawi better than them ?
    This is the 1st time I see a basketball team roster with only 2 point guards, where's Rony Fahed ? Do we need 4 players to play the position 2 ?
    Ghassan Sarkis is keeping on doing mistakes with his bad selections.
    What a shame for the national team !!!

Final Roster for Lebanese NT at the WABA are:

1-Ali Mahmoud (180-PG)(Al Riyadi Beirut)
    2-Rodrigue Akl (188-PG)(Sagesse Beirut)
    3-Jean Abdel Nour (199-SF)(Al Riyadi Beirut)
    4-Hussein El Khatib (192-SG)(Champville Club)
    5-Fadi El Khatib (199-SF)(Champville Club)
    6-Ahmad Ibrahim (201-SF)(Al Riyadi Beirut)
    7-Mazen Mneimneh (192-SG)(Byblos Club)
    8-Roy Samaha (206-C)(Mouttahed)
    9-Ali Kanaan (206-C)(Al Riyadi Beirut)
    10-Nadim Hawi (205-C)(Champville Club)
    11-Julian Kazzouh (211-C)(Sagesse Beirut)
    12-Reyshawn Terry (203-SF/PF)(USA)(NATURALIZED PLAYER)

I am not satisfied with this list where we need pure three point shooters like Omar El Turk and Matt Freije.Also I beleive that Elie Rustom and Charles Tabet should be in the list instead of Nadim Hawe and Roy Samaha but as always I hope the best for our NT in order to qualify to the world cup for the fourth time.

Quote Originally Posted by 471 View Post
    Khaled do you think this is a healthy roster ?
    Who will handle the PF position as i can't see any PF in this lineup: where's Matt Freiji and Tabet brothers? Where's Bassel Bawji ? Is Nadim Hawi better than them ?
    This is the 1st time I see a basketball team roster with only 2 point guards, where's Rony Fahed ? Do we need 4 players to play the position 2 ?
    Ghassan Sarkis is keeping on doing mistakes with his bad selections.
    What a shame for the national team !!!
    This roster isn't the best for sure but compared to previous NT's in which Sarkis selected his rosters I think this roster is good for a tournament like the WABA excpet for the inclusion of Nadim Hawi... If this was the roster for the Asian Championship then for sure I would be against it 100%...
    Matt Freije to be honest hasn't been playing consistent in the Lebanese league this season... He's no longer the same Matt we used to know back in 2009 so i'm not disappointed that he wasn't selected.

Philip Tabet and Bassel Bawji are injured and apparently this is the main reason why they weren't selected... Elie Stephan is also injured... I have no idea why Charles Tabet wasn't called instead of Nadim though....
    I don't believe we will ever see Rony on a team coached by Sarkis.

Quote Originally Posted by heart21 View Post
    I am not satisfied with this list where we need pure three point shooters like Omar El Turk and Matt Freije.Also I beleive that Elie Rustom and Charles Tabet should be in the list instead of Nadim Hawe and Roy Samaha but as always I hope the best for our NT in order to qualify to the world cup for the fourth time.
    Having pure shooters who aren't skilled in other aspects is risky as well... I don't think Omar or Matt would have been valuable additions to this NT. Elie Rustom could have been considered but there are many other players who are as good as him on this roster...

By the way there is a big chance that Khazzouh might not be ready to join the Lebanese NT especially now after the passing away of his mother... So in this case Charles Tabet probably will be called back to the NT.

GS can't get the idea that only one player from Champville should be included in the final list and that's the captain Fadi, other than that picking other players to balance the formation comparing the clubs is not healthy.

But still this is way better than other lists, with the exception of Hussain, Roy, Nadim & even Mazen.
    We have far better players than these 4 that can be available and the team will be solid as the starters and the bench players could be nearly the same level.

Rony, Bawji & Tabet should have been in this list.
    Matt, Omar & Rustom are not in the form at the moment, i don't think they will add anything even though they are great players but they're lacking their form.

Condolences to Khazzouh's family.

khalid80 , this is the Final and official Roster for Lebanese NT at the WABA ? ( or they might have some change ) thx

I agree with you Khaled that this roster is by far better than the lineup we had the last 2 years.
    But we can't have only 2 players on the position 1 in our national team come on !!! If Rony doesn't fit GS system ( no system in this case :P ) then what about Joey Accaoui, Amir Saoud, Ali Barada, Mohammad Ibrahim !!! Aren't these players better than Hussein El Khatib ??!!!
    For me he should eliminate Hussein El Khatib, Mazen Mneimneh and Nadim Hawi from this squad and replace them by Mohammad Ibrahim, Elie Rustom and Charles Tabet ( taking into consideration the list of injured players )
    That's a shame always introducing Champville non competent players to the squad !!!Now Mohammad Ibrahim is no more a good player ??!!! Or Hussein is better than Elie Rustom ??!!! Come on !!!!!!! Or Nadim Hawi with his right hand plays only and usage of half the perimeter on the court better than all of the centers and power forwards in town ??!!! walaw !!!!

This roster isn't the best for sure but compared to previous NT's in which Sarkis selected his rosters I think this roster is good for a tournament like the WABA excpet for the inclusion of Nadim Hawi... If this was the roster for the Asian Championship then for sure I would be against it 100%...
    Matt Freije to be honest hasn't been playing consistent in the Lebanese league this season... He's no longer the same Matt we used to know back in 2009 so i'm not disappointed that he wasn't selected.

Philip Tabet and Bassel Bawji are injured and apparently this is the main reason why they weren't selected... Elie Stephan is also injured... I have no idea why Charles Tabet wasn't called instead of Nadim though....
    I don't believe we will ever see Rony on a team coached by Sarkis.

khalid80 , this is the Final and official Roster for Lebanese NT at the WABA ? ( or they might have some change ) thx
    If Julain isn't able to join the team then for sure there will be another player replacing him... Other than the that I think the roster should be final.

Quote Originally Posted by 471 View Post
    I agree with you Khaled that this roster is by far better than the lineup we had the last 2 years.
    But we can't have only 2 players on the position 1 in our national team come on !!! If Rony doesn't fit GS system ( no system in this case :P ) then what about Joey Accaoui, Amir Saoud, Ali Barada, Mohammad Ibrahim !!! Aren't these players better than Hussein El Khatib ??!!!
    For me he should eliminate Hussein El Khatib, Mazen Mneimneh and Nadim Hawi from this squad and replace them by Mohammad Ibrahim, Elie Rustom and Charles Tabet ( taking into consideration the list of injured players )
    That's a shame always introducing Champville non competent players to the squad !!!Now Mohammad Ibrahim is no more a good player ??!!! Or Hussein is better than Elie Rustom ??!!! Come on !!!!!!! Or Nadim Hawi with his right hand plays only and usage of half the perimeter on the court better than all of the centers and power forwards in town ??!!! walaw !!!!
    Sarkis simply chose the roster that he thinks is best for him and for what he envisions. It's the same story every time but at least this time Hussein El Khatib actually does deserves a chance to be on the NT as he has tremendously improved this season and he's been playing really well especially with his defense as so far he was the only one who could almost shut down Andre Emmett.
    Also Mazen for sure deserves to be on the roster as well... He's having a rejuvenated season and is playing like young old Mazen who at one time was being hyped as being the next Fadi when he was in his early 20's before many serious injuries affected his level.
    Hawi as I mentioned before for sure doesn't deserve to be on the roster.
    Last edited by Khalid80; 01-17-2013 at 02:40 PM.

why if julian isn't able to join , what might be the cause ?

why if julian isn't able to join , what might be the cause ?
    His mom passed away and we haven't even asked him if he wants to play for the Lebanese NT... What if he doesn't want to play with the NT for now... We should be very understanding of his situation...

i understand

Great article by our good friend Dany Abboud about the Lebanese NT

Asian Championship blow could carry silver lining for Cedars

January 19, 2013 01:07 AM By Dany Abboud
    The Daily Star

BEIRUT: Lebanon may have been stripped of a golden chance to host the FIBAASIA Championship for the first time in the country’s history, but the national team may yet qualify – through this summer’s championship in Manila, and for the fourth time in a row – for next year’s World Championship in Spain.

The last two years haven’t been kind to the men’s national basketball team – the Cedars disappointingly failed to reach the semifinals of the 2011 Asian Championship for the first time in 10 years. Additionally, they finished an unacceptable seventh in the FIBA ASIA cup last September, following an unexpected loss to Qatar in the quarterfinals.

However, Lebanon will look to bounce back in 2013. The team has undergone a series of developments and changes, which will hopefully see the combination of old and fresh players power forward and lay the groundwork for the future.

Moreover, this year’s domestic league has been quite promising due to the level of competition shown.

The first event that awaits the Cedars isn’t far from now, as Lebanon are scheduled to take part in the WABA qualification tournament next month in Tehran from Feb. 7-11.

There are just two seats to the Asian Championship, which takes place from August 1-10, up for grabs, excluding Iran who have secured a spot already, having won last year’s FIBA ASIA Cup in Tokyo.

Lebanon have made their intentions clear by naming a strong squad in their quest to qualify for the fourth successive time to the World Championship. The lineup includes: Rodrigue Akl, Fadi el-Khatib, Ali Mahmoud, Hussein el-Khatib, Mazen Mneimneh, Jean Abdel-Nour, Ahmad Ibrahim, Julian Khazzouh, Roy Samaha, Ali Kanaan, Nadim Hawi and naturalized American Reyshawn Terry.

Lebanon haven’t boasted such a strong lineup since the 2010 World Championship in Turkey, where local fans put high hopes on the team regaining glory for the nation.

There was a fair amount of controversy, though, as Ghassan Sarkis surprisingly excluded Sagesse’s center Charles Tabet and his teammate Elie Rustom, and he ruled out some veterans such as Rony Fahed, Omar Turk and Ghaleb Reda.

The squad saw the inclusion of Byblos swingman Mneimneh, who has been missing from the international scene since the FIBA ASIA 2009 in Tianjin. Mneimneh has been impressive thus far in the domestic league, posting an average of 18.1 points and 6.1 rebounds per game.

Sarkis, however, has put an end to the speculation surrounding starlet Ibrahim, who is regarded as the best talent in the country for some time, with the 20-year-old scorer finding his way back to the roster after missing out on the FIBA ASIA Cup last September in Tokyo.

Meanwhile, 208-cm Lebanese- Australian center Khazzouh will be central to Lebanon’s hopes to compete for the title in the upcoming FIBA ASIA championship.

Khazzouh was said to be eligible to represent Lebanon internationally, following a dispute over whether he had represented Australia before or not. But highly informed sources within the Lebanese basketball federation revealed that “a message was sent to the FIBA in that regard, and the answer was pretty positive.”

The national team will also feature a new naturalized player, as the decision this time was for Champville’s American forward Terry to replace compatriot Garnett Thompson. Terry has been impressing locally, averaging 20.1 point and 7.4 rebounds per game.

Khatib will once again be the man to inspire the Lebanese squad with his experience and talent, as he aims for a fourth successive appearance in the World Championship.

“When I was given the opportunity to manage this team, I looked to pump in new blood. In that respect I deemed this was the best squad available to take this tournament on. Although, even in the upcoming tournament [WABA] we will be experimenting with the roster until we get the best possible lineup for the bigger events,” said Sarkis.

“We had a few injuries to consider, as Elie Stephan and Bassel Bawji are not very healthy and it is not safe to take them now. But for the summer there might be a few changes.

Quizzed about the reasons behind ruling out Rustom and Tabet, he said: “Rustom is a very good player but he has not reached his best since coming back from injury, while we have many players in the position of Tabet, although I assure again that many things will be reconsidered for the later stages.”

Regarding the naturalization of Terry, Sarkis said: “Our first priority was [Loren] Woods but Riyadi refused, so the choice was between Amchit’s guard Andre Emmett and Terry, but the former asked for a pretty high salary so we had to go with Terry for now. But for Asia, we will have another new import which fulfills our needs.”

“We are still waiting to be sure on Khazzouh – if [he] will be able to play or not, we hope he will be with us because he will give us a great boost.”

Sarkis urged the governing body to secure enough funding should Lebanon qualify again for the World Championship. The head coach said that it is possible for his side to attain that goal, but that they would need proper preparations.

Sarkis only has a short amount of time to bring his team up to scratch. The Cedars will have less than a week to prepare for the WABA tournament, as the league is on a tight schedule.
    http://www.dailystar.com.lb/Sports/B...#axzz2HviqKFRv

indeed khalid , great article but what's the most important is that if julian will be able to play or not , till now i'm a little scared !!!

indeed khalid , great article but what's the most important is that if julian will be able to play or not , till now i'm a little scared !!!
    Don't worry,Julian Khazzouh will play with Lebanon because he is happy here and he said the day he signed with Sagesse that he is excited to meet Lebanese fans to help them qualify to olympics and the world cup so no need to be scared.

Page 29 of 67 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast