Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 1329

Thread: ~~ The Lebanese National Team 2013 ~~

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    222
    Country: Lebanon

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gazara View Post
    (Only Opinion)

    About our NT , we have noticed that many Players are reaching their peak and they are playing very well due to our Good Level in the league ,we Can See Riyadi on Top in WABL ,Champville 2nd not to miss they are playing with Mahram (3 NT Players ,and 3 Starters ,Mehdi ,Hamed Afagh and Bahrami + 2 Super Imports) and Still it was a very Close Game what if we Put Mahmoud ,Jean ,Khatib as 3 Starter it will change for Sure ,we are really good ,we have 2 Teams at the level of Mahram (Riyadi and Champville) not To Miss Mouttahed who Also Played well ,if they had a very good center and Restom Back they will compete ,also Anibal Won Dubai ...

    About the NT Now :

    Coach :Ghassan Sarkis (LEB)

    1-Ali Mahmoud (180-PG) (Riyadi Beirut Team)
    2-Jean Abdel Nour (199-SF)(Riyadi Beirut Team)
    3-Ali Kanaan (206-C)(Riyadi Beirut Team)
    4-Omar Turk (188-SG)(Riyadi Beirut Team)
    5-Amir Saoud (188-PG/SG)(Riyadi Beirut Team)
    6-Billy Fares (206-PF)(Riyadi Beirut Team)
    7-Elie Stephan (192-SG)(Champville Team)
    8-Mohammad Ibrahim (195-PG)(Champville Team)
    10-Fadi El Khatib (199-SF)(Champville Team)
    11-Elias Restom (197-SF)(Mouttahed Tripoli)
    12-Bassel Bawji (204-PF)(Mouttahed Tripoli)
    13-Sabah Khoury (196-SF)(Sagesse Beirut)
    14-Miguel Martinez (188-PG)(Sagesse Beirut)
    15-Daniel Faris (206-C)(Sagesse Beirut)
    16-Roy Samaha (206-C)(Anibal Zahle)
    17-Ghaleb Rida (192-SG)(Anibal Zahle)
    18-Rodrigue Akl (188-PG)(Anibal Zahle)
    19-Charles Tabet (206-C)(Anibal Zahle)
    20-Mohammad Hamdar (205-C)(Hoops club)
    21-Hussein Khatib (192-SG)(Hoops Club)
    22-Nadim Soueid (192-SG)(Bejje Club)
    23-Rony Fahed (184-PG)(Abroad Player)
    24-Matt Freijie (208-PF)(Abroad Player)
    25-Ahmad Ibrahim (199-SF)(Abroad Player)
    26-Ali Haidar (202-PF)(Abroad Player)
    27-Naturalized Player ,Center Position : Loren Woods (218-C) / Darryl Watkins (211-C) /Cheikh Samb (216-C)

    Final 12 :

    1-Ali Mahmoud (180-PG)
    2-Rodrigue Akl (188-PG)
    3-Miguel Martinez (188-PG)
    4-Ghaleb Rida (192-SG)
    5-Elie Stephan (192-SG)
    6-Elias Restom (197-SF)
    7-Jean Abdel Nour (199-SF)
    8-Sabah Khoury (196-SF)
    9-Fadi El Khatib (199-SF)
    10-Ali Kanaan (206-C)
    11-Bassel Bawji (204-PF)
    12-Roy Samaha (206-C)
    13-Charles Tabet (206-C)
    14-Matt Freijie (208-PF)
    15-Naturalized Player


    Starting Five:

    PG:Ali Mahmoud
    SG:Jean Abdel Nour
    SF:Fadi El Khatib
    PF:Matt Freijie
    C:Naturalized Player



    What is Your Opinion Guys ???
    i agree but i think the naturalized player should be cheikh samb ..he is the best choice right now ..a pure center with a very good outside shot a a beast under the basket

  2. #42
    Senior Member gazara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,629
    Country: Lebanon

    Default

    Cheikh Samb is a very good player but not to miss ,he s not that good on Deffence ,Woods and Watkins better + if u notice he s not that mature on the Court ,he make Silly fouls and make many T.O but doenst mean that he isnt a good player ,he s for sure a Beast that s true ,if anyone will be over his head he will give us a lot ,he s a beast on offence ,but also Watkins is good too !
    Proud To Be Lebanese

    Live Streaming On LBCI Site :http://www.lbcgroup.tv/sports

    Source:

    Lebanese Basketball Group on FB (THX TO ROY HAJJ FOR ALL THE STATS)

    www.sports-leb.com

    www.sportkello.com

    http://www.malaeeb.com/

  3. #43
    Senior Member mavrick_h's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    at the beach
    Posts
    1,231
    Country: Lebanon

    Default

    guys all these talks are useless.
    Samb doesn't want to play with us, Watkins played us last summer & Woods demands a very high salary for a specific number of days.
    Also we need to move on regarding Daniel Fares because it seems every time there is an injury when he comes to play here.
    Regarding Matt, GS clearly said 'Freije isn't Lebanese' that means for the time being he's out.

  4. #44
    Senior Member gazara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,629
    Country: Lebanon

    Default

    if our federation have Money ,Everything is Possible ! I am ok with you about Matt ,but we have many better players like Bawji ,Samaha ,Kanaan ,and specially that Naturalized player can make impact inside ,Also Jean and Ali ,and they can Be Shooters and the player on Pos 4 (Roy ,Charles ,Kanaan,Bawji ...) can simply be their mission is Deffence !!
    Proud To Be Lebanese

    Live Streaming On LBCI Site :http://www.lbcgroup.tv/sports

    Source:

    Lebanese Basketball Group on FB (THX TO ROY HAJJ FOR ALL THE STATS)

    www.sports-leb.com

    www.sportkello.com

    http://www.malaeeb.com/

  5. #45
    Senior Member rocketstar47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    KolbI
    Posts
    1,687
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Hello Lebanese fans

    What's your latest updates in your NT
    i heard Fadi El Khatib will be back in your team

    Jackson Vroman is playing here in the PBA's most popular team
    the Brgy Ginebra Kings

  6. #46
    Senior Member gazara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,629
    Country: Lebanon

    Default

    yep Fadi El Khatib (199-SF)(LEB) Lebanese NT Captain back to the Team ,and he will lead the team in every tournament
    About the Naturalized player ,we didn't decide yet Vroman out from a long time ,we need a Pure 5 in the Team ,maybe in the next Monthes we will negociate :
    -Darryl Watkins (211-C)(USA)
    -Cheikh Samb (216-C)(SEN)
    -Loren Woods (218-C)(USA)
    Proud To Be Lebanese

    Live Streaming On LBCI Site :http://www.lbcgroup.tv/sports

    Source:

    Lebanese Basketball Group on FB (THX TO ROY HAJJ FOR ALL THE STATS)

    www.sports-leb.com

    www.sportkello.com

    http://www.malaeeb.com/

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    490
    Country: Lebanon

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gazara View Post
    yep Fadi El Khatib (199-SF)(LEB) Lebanese NT Captain back to the Team ,and he will lead the team in every tournament
    About the Naturalized player ,we didn't decide yet Vroman out from a long time ,we need a Pure 5 in the Team ,maybe in the next Monthes we will negociate :
    -Darryl Watkins (211-C)(USA)
    -Cheikh Samb (216-C)(SEN)
    -Loren Woods (218-C)(USA)
    i wont take neither. we need a better profile then watkins , and a more dedicated player then loren and cheikh samb. + loren is too old we need an investment for the future and not a 35 years old player.

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Qatar
    Posts
    451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lebanese NT View Post
    i wont take neither. we need a better profile then watkins , and a more dedicated player then loren and cheikh samb. + loren is too old we need an investment for the future and not a 35 years old player.
    totally agree man !!....
    but maybe the federation is enjoying putting our NT @ risk and making problems to their chemistry, bcoz they r extremely dedicated to our beloved NT (ironically) !...

    Long Live Lebanon !! (Except all the Politicians!!)

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    140
    Country: Lebanon

    Default

    I hope that this summer the new federation will fire coach ghassan sarkis since he proved to us that he is a bad coach by choosing weak players instead of strong players where they are not helping the national team.


    If I was a coach,I would choose these players:


    1-FADI EL KHATIB

    2-RONY FAHED

    3-JACKSON VROMAN

    4-MATT FREIJE

    5-ELIE RUSTOM

    6-ALI MAHMOUD

    7-JEAN ABDEL NOUR

    8-WILLIAM PHARIS

    9-DANIEL FARIS

    10-AHMAD IBRAHIM

    11-ALI KANAAN

    12-ALI HAIDAR

    13-OMAR AL TURK

    14-JULLIAN KHAZZOUH

    15-SABAH KHOURY

  10. #50
    Member ElieEk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    37
    Country: Lebanon

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heart21 View Post
    I hope that this summer the new federation will fire coach ghassan sarkis since he proved to us that he is a bad coach by choosing weak players instead of strong players where they are not helping the national team.


    If I was a coach,I would choose these players:


    1-FADI EL KHATIB

    2-RONY FAHED

    3-JACKSON VROMAN

    4-MATT FREIJE

    5-ELIE RUSTOM

    6-ALI MAHMOUD

    7-JEAN ABDEL NOUR

    8-WILLIAM PHARIS

    9-DANIEL FARIS

    10-AHMAD IBRAHIM

    11-ALI KANAAN

    12-ALI HAIDAR

    13-OMAR AL TURK

    14-JULLIAN KHAZZOUH

    15-SABAH KHOURY
    this is a good one but let's mention something

    fady khatib : 33 years
    rony fahed : 31
    jackson vroman : 31
    matt freiji : 31
    elie rustom : 25
    ali mahmoud : 29
    jean abdel nour : 29
    daniel fares :25
    ali kanaan : 27
    ali haidar is a young one
    omar el turk : 31
    sabah also 30
    ,
    so if you leave elie rustom , ali haidar , daniel faris and julian you will reach the world cup (if u will) with a 32, 33 + age team
    how you are expecting from these players to run (at least lool) , ma byousalo ma3ak 3al world cup , (translate : they couldn't reach the world cup) so at least we should habe a choice of 23 , 24 , 25 age of players with maximum 4 players at 32,33 years old

  11. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    140
    Country: Lebanon

    Default

    Maybe u are right,but don't forget many old star players in the NBA are playing till now,extra ordinary,like steve nash,kobe brayant and many more and don't forgot that we cannot always rely on young players with not enough experience.


    So the starting lineup for next year should be:

    5-JULLIAN KHAZZOUH

    4-JACKSON VROMAN

    3-FADI EL KHATIB

    2-AHMAD IBRAHIM

    1-RONY FAHED

  12. #52
    Member ElieEk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    37
    Country: Lebanon

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heart21 View Post
    Maybe u are right,but don't forget many old star players in the NBA are playing till now,extra ordinary,like steve nash,kobe brayant and many more and don't forgot that we cannot always rely on young players with not enough experience.


    So the starting lineup for next year should be:

    5-JULLIAN KHAZZOUH

    4-JACKSON VROMAN

    3-FADI EL KHATIB

    2-AHMAD IBRAHIM

    1-RONY FAHED
    yes man true , I told that we could enforce our team with maximum of 3 or 4 expertize players but not all the team

    secondly , are you comparing omar turk and rony with nash and kobe

  13. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    140
    Country: Lebanon

    Default

    I wasn't comparing them to each other;just showing the importance of our strong experience players and good luck for our National Team,hopefully we are the champions next year.

  14. #54
    Senior Member eliooo93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,333
    Country: Lebanon

    Default

    I haven't appeared on this forum in months now, but i noticed that you guys have included Julian Kazzouh's name on next year's list.. Last time I checked the guy didnt really care to play for the NT.. So where are u getting the info that he might join from? thnx

  15. #55
    Senior Member rocketstar47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    KolbI
    Posts
    1,687
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Jackson Vroman currently has a poor free throw shooting percentage in the PBA
    but now they are on the semis

  16. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    140
    Country: Lebanon

    Default

    I hope that the new federation at this summer will try to host the fiba asia because we are a basketball country and we deserve it.

  17. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    140
    Country: Lebanon

    Default

    If lebanese people and federation wants really to qualify to the world cup we should have to find a very good foreign coach that knows how to lead our national team to sucess not like Ghassan Sarkis who since he come to the team showed to us that he is from the worst coaches I have ever seen where he prefers only his interest over our national team and the evidence is our failure in the arab games and not calling very strong players like rony fahed,matt freije,omar al turk and ahmad ibrahim.I don't like to nag on something but he should be fired this summer.
    Last edited by heart21; 04-07-2012 at 07:34 AM.

  18. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Qatar
    Posts
    451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heart21 View Post
    If lebanese people and federation wants really to qualify to the world cup we should have to find a very good foreign coach that knows how to lead our national team to sucess not like Ghassan Sarkis who since he come to the team showed to us that he is from the worst coaches I have ever seen where he prefers only his interest over our national team and the evidence is our failure in the arab games and not calling very strong players like rony fahed,matt freije,omar al turk and ahmad ibrahim.I don't like to nag on something but he should be fired this summer.
    we've been calling for that decision ever since he was stupidly appointed as our NT head coach, by our stupid, unprofessional, basketball-illeterate and above all the terms, our corrupted federation.
    both, all federation members and GS should be dismissed from their duties ASAP !!

    Long Live Lebanon !! (Except All the Poiliticians!!)

  19. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    140
    Country: Lebanon

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
    we've been calling for that decision ever since he was stupidly appointed as our NT head coach, by our stupid, unprofessional, basketball-illeterate and above all the terms, our corrupted federation.
    both, all federation members and GS should be dismissed from their duties ASAP !!

    Long Live Lebanon !! (Except All the Poiliticians!!)
    Why do u think that all the players want G.S as their coach even though he is a very bad coach and have very bad tactics,the evidence is that he choosed players we didn't need them in the arab games like nadim hawe,miguel martinez , mohammed ibrahim and hussein khatib.I'm not saying that they are bad players but they don't belong to the national team.

  20. #60
    Senior Member Khalid80's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    10,614
    Country: Lebanon

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heart21 View Post
    Why do u think that all the players want G.S as their coach even though he is a very bad coach and have very bad tactics,the evidence is that he choosed players we didn't need them in the arab games like nadim hawe,miguel martinez , mohammed ibrahim and hussein khatib.I'm not saying that they are bad players but they don't belong to the national team.
    These players you mentioned all play, or used to play, with Champville and that's why Sarkis selected them... Sarkis is the type of coach who doesn't like selecting players that he hasn't coached before and that's why you will rarely see him selecting Lebanese players from abroad with the exception of Ali Haidar... I don't know if his relationship with Ahmad Ibrahim has improved or not though and whether he would call his name to join the Lebanese NT in the future.

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •