This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Khalid80 View Post
    These players you mentioned all play, or used to play, with Champville and that's why Sarkis selected them... Sarkis is the type of coach who doesn't like selecting players that he hasn't coached before and that's why you will rarely see him selecting Lebanese players from abroad with the exception of Ali Haidar... I don't know if his relationship with Ahmad Ibrahim has improved or not though and whether he would call his name to join the Lebanese NT in the future.
    i want to thank u for this information,hopefully everybody will wake up from this dream we are in and to know that basketball is a strong sport in lebanon and we shoudn't rely on a coach that prefers choosing players that he only likes otherwise we will always fail in improving our tactics and being successful in everything we will do in the future.

Comment

I want to give an advice to the new federation this summer is to make many friendly games against strong and european countries inorder not only to prepare for next year but till that we know how is our situation and if we can be competitive to them.

Comment

Julian Khazzouh must play with lebanon.

Comment

I hope that next year the lebanese team will be completely different from this year and also from 2011, with a new coach and new excellent players that will help us a lot so that we can beat european teams in the future, hoping for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by heart21 View Post
            Julian Khazzouh must play with lebanon.
            Is he a Lebanese or half-Lebanese? I read from Wikipedia & asia-basket.com that he's an Australian, there was no mention that he's a Lebanese or half-Lebanese. Although it was indicated that he was about to play for the Lebanese NT in 2010 but did not push through. And even if Julian Khazzouh turns out to have Lebanese blood, there's this new rule by FIBA w/c requires a half-breed or a dual-citizen player to have laid claim of the nationality of the country that he wants to represent before he turned 16 years old. I wonder if Khazzouh could meet this requirement.
            "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
              Is he a Lebanese or half-Lebanese? I read from Wikipedia & asia-basket.com that he's an Australian, there was no mention that he's a Lebanese or half-Lebanese. Although it was indicated that he was about to play for the Lebanese NT in 2010 but did not push through. And even if Julian Khazzouh turns out to have Lebanese blood, there's this new rule by FIBA w/c requires a half-breed or a dual-citizen player to have laid claim of the nationality of the country that he wants to represent before he turned 16 years old. I wonder if Khazzouh could meet this requirement.
              He's just originally Lebanese... He was born in Australia and lived there his whole life.
              The Lebanese federation was trying to get him in 2010 but Julian almost made it to the final roster of the Australian NT and he mentioned that he prefers to play for and represent the Australian NT...
              So I don't imagine seeing him ever play for Lebanon and for sure with the new FIBA rules i'm sure he can't represent Lebanon. Moreover the guy played in the Israeli league so that's another obstacle.

Comment

Julian Khazzouh is the tallest lebanese player now so that's why we need him and without him in the team we are forced to naturalize a new player other than Jackson Vroman who helped Lebanon a lot in 2009 and 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid80 View Post
                  He's just originally Lebanese... He was born in Australia and lived there his whole life.
                  The Lebanese federation was trying to get him in 2010 but Julian almost made it to the final roster of the Australian NT and he mentioned that he prefers to play for and represent the Australian NT...
                  So I don't imagine seeing him ever play for Lebanon and for sure with the new FIBA rules i'm sure he can't represent Lebanon. Moreover the guy played in the Israeli league so that's another obstacle.
                  Tenx for the reply sir. Julian would be a great addition to Lebanon if ever he suits up w/ your team. Imagine a trio of El Khatib, Julian Khazzouh & a naturalized player, plus the 2 young players now playing in the US NCAA div. 1. Lebanon would be a tough nut to crack in international games.
                  "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Julian Khazzouh is the tallest lebanese player now so that's why we need him and without him in the team we are forced to naturalize a new player other than Jackson Vroman who helped Lebanon a lot in 2009 and 2010.
                    I thought your naturalized player is Sam Hoskins who played in last year's Asian Championship

Comment

Sam Hoskin was before our naturalized player but now he is no more lebanese since he was playing before with our enemy israel and now after we get rid of him, Jackson Vroman can now rejoin us again hopefully with Julian Khazzouh.

Comment

Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                        Tenx for the reply sir. Julian would be a great addition to Lebanon if ever he suits up w/ your team. Imagine a trio of El Khatib, Julian Khazzouh & a naturalized player, plus the 2 young players now playing in the US NCAA div. 1. Lebanon would be a tough nut to crack in international games.
                        That's for sure but it will never happen

Sam Hoskin was before our naturalized player but now he is no more lebanese since he was playing before with our enemy israel and now after we get rid of him, Jackson Vroman can now rejoin us again hopefully with Julian Khazzouh.
                        If you had read my post above you would have noticed that I mentioned that Julian also played in Israel so he can't represent the Lebanese NT.

In the link below you can see the list of previous teams that Julian played with you and can notice that he played with Ironi Ramat Gan which happens to be an Israeli team.

Comment

I think that we should not naturalize a new player because Jackson Vroman is a beast and plays good under the basket even though he is not a center but with our starting center Daniel Faris and the backup of Charles Tabet we would be alright.

Comment

After JULIAN KHAZZOUH is out of reach and he cannot play with Lebanon NT.

My opinion the players that should play are:

1-FADI EL KHATIB

2-JACKSON VROMAN

3- MATT FREIJE

4-RONY FAHED

5-ELIE RUSTOM

6-ALI MAHMOUD

7-DANIEL FARIS

8-WILLIAM PHARIS

9-JEAN ABDEL NOUR

10-AHMAD IBRAHIM

11-CHARLES TABET

12- OMAR EL TURK

Our strating five should be:

1-RONY FAHED

2-FADI EL KHATIB

3-MATT FREIJE

4-JACKSON VROMAN

5-DANIEL FARIS

Comment

After the PBA stint, I can say Vroman is an underrated slot man
                              To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                              1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

JACKSON VROMAN is one of the best foreign players in Asia regardless of his bad behavior.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information