X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~~ The Lebanese National Team 2013 ~~

So now we are out of Asia 2011..

What are the plans for the Future?
    Which players should stay, which players should be called back & what about the Youth Players that are capable of playing in 2 years for our NT?

`Current Roster:

Rodrigue
    Miguel
    Moe Ibrahim
    Galeb
    Jean
    Elie S
    Abboudy
    Jad Bitar
    Ali Kanan
    B.Bawji
    C.Tabet
    S.Hoskins

`Injured Players:
    Elie Rustom
    Ali Mahmoud
    Daniel Faris
    Roy Smaha

`Not called Players:
    Matt
    Rony
    Mazen
    Amir Soud
    Ahmad Ibrahim
    Omar Al-Turk
    etc…

& Fadi Al-Khatib!

So What do u think?

I think the players that could be called to the national team in 2013 are:

Ali mahmoud
    joe accaoui
    rodrigue akel
    J P khoury
    Roy ghantous

ahmad ibrahim
    Fadi el khatib
    amir saoud (if he keep improving that way)
    Jean abdel nour
    Elie roustom

Basel bawji
    Samer ozeir
    daniel fares
    matt freiji
    ali kanaan
    charle tabet

and a naturalised player

NB: we will definitely discover some new talents
    in the next 2 years

Comment

Originally posted by khaledlebanon View Post
      So now we are out of Asia 2011..

What are the plans for the Future?
      Which players should stay, which players should be called back & what about the Youth Players that are capable of playing in 2 years for our NT?

`Current Roster:

Rodrigue
      Miguel
      Moe Ibrahim
      Galeb
      Jean
      Elie S
      Abboudy
      Jad Bitar
      Ali Kanan
      B.Bawji
      C.Tabet
      S.Hoskins

`Injured Players:
      Elie Rustom
      Ali Mahmoud
      Daniel Faris
      Roy Smaha

`Not called Players:
      Matt
      Rony
      Mazen
      Amir Soud
      Ahmad Ibrahim
      Omar Al-Turk
      etc…

& Fadi Al-Khatib!

So What do u think?
      the players that i think must be out are mohamad ibrahim, miguel martinez ghaleb rida, aboudy el ferekh , jad bitar and sam hoskin ( he is good but too old and we need a better foreigner)
      in : ali mahmoud, fadi el khatib, daniel fares, elie rustom,ahmad ibrahim ( i think he would have became more mature by then ) and a very high caliber foreigner.

Comment

Trust me its not about players, those can come and go, but its about planning, working hard and aspiring ... the rise of the Lebanese basketball in the past 10 years did not come all of sudden, it was a result of hard work whether individually or collectively, it came after investing big moneyon the league first and the national team second. But don't you think that things have change? had you ever notice before our NT preparing with 100k budge? even in our worst days, we used to go camping in Europe like Cyprus... but what abt now? we dont have 40k to go to jones cup... you blame the federation yeah i do, you blame the government i do as well, but im afraid to say that our objectives aren't as big as it used to be and this is what makes me pessimistic about our future, the potential is always there, everyday we are discovering new talents whether in Leb or abroad, but the difference is that we dont have the money anymore, Kakhia was aspired, he always wanted to make big, he even brought the Asian Championship, Stankovic, Arab tournament to Lebanon? did you ask yourself why? bc he wanted to revive the game, he wanted to bring the fans back to support their NTs for the first time on their homesoil, this was rarely happening, and he convinced Al-Jazeera network to broadcast the game lol, do you believe that? he brought sponsors to the league, like we never did before, but what was the result? a big political combine surrounded him to get rid of him.
        Again, its not about players, its about the investment, our game had always been supported by individuals, and when those individuals leave, it will fall.. this is the sad truth.
        Proud to be Lebanese
        www.arabasket.com

Comment

Originally posted by daniab View Post
          Trust me its not about players, those can come and go, but its about planning, working hard and aspiring ... the rise of the Lebanese basketball in the past 10 years did not come all of sudden, it was a result of hard work whether individually or collectively, it came after investing big moneyon the league first and the national team second. But don't you think that things have change? had you ever notice before our NT preparing with 100k budge? even in our worst days, we used to go camping in Europe like Cyprus... but what abt now? we dont have 40k to go to jones cup... you blame the federation yeah i do, you blame the government i do as well, but im afraid to say that our objectives aren't as big as it used to be and this is what makes me pessimistic about our future, the potential is always there, everyday we are discovering new talents whether in Leb or abroad, but the difference is that we dont have the money anymore, Kakhia was aspired, he always wanted to make big, he even brought the Asian Championship, Stankovic, Arab tournament to Lebanon? did you ask yourself why? bc he wanted to revive the game, he wanted to bring the fans back to support their NTs for the first time on their homesoil, this was rarely happening, and he convinced Al-Jazeera network to broadcast the game lol, do you believe that? he brought sponsors to the league, like we never did before, but what was the result? a big political combine surrounded him to get rid of him.
          Again, its not about players, its about the investment, our game had always been supported by individuals, and when those individuals leave, it will fall.. this is the sad truth.
          hey dany..

do u think there is a chance that this federation will be changed? or @ least they will work & try to get the money that we need to prepare NT in the future?

What about Ghassan Sarkis? do u think he will change his mind & call players like rony, matt & ahmad ibrahim next time?

thx salaf

Comment

hey dany..

do u think there is a chance that this federation will be changed? or @ least they will work & try to get the money that we need to prepare NT in the future?

What about Ghassan Sarkis? do u think he will change his mind & call players like rony, matt & ahmad ibrahim next time?

thx salaf

u still think that its not time yet to talk about changing the federation????...this is the WORSE humiliation ever for the NT...specially after proving more n more that lebanese coaches r crap to lead a NT, coz naturally our lebanese mentality is special and "3al hawa sawa" & not at all serious !!...how is it if it was GHASSAM SARKIS....the "improvise" tactics...n street ball all star game game of his...he is NOT professional!!! "."

i said it before n will always say it:
            - coach tab baldwin shouldnt have left the NT at all !!!!!!...
            - a naturalized player is an investment and an asset...not an expense that can be bought any time !!!
            - &^%^&**(@# this federation and the current corrupt ppl inside it, along with ghassan stupid sarkis..let him wake up ba2a...hes not a good coach...if he is, then y couldnt he achieve anytg with champville or any other team after sagesse (need not to remind u, sagesse was an all star team!!)!!!!!!!!
            anywa b zyede 3le being a club coach....never ever hand him a NT!!!!...from the men NT downward!!!

look at jordan now...waw......impressive team....we let tab baldwin go our hands....lik THE WORSE WORDS on barakat's face wouldnt b enough to say and describe him...corrupt ppl...along with sarkis... tfeh

congrats jordam for ur final qualification!!! u deserved it!!

Long Live Lebanon!!(Except All the Politicians!!)
            Long Live Lebanon !! (Except All the Corrupted Citizens and All the Politicians!!)

Comment

guys don't u think we were always facing the problem of preparation before every single championship, and we uused to do good results ?
              in 2006 Lebanon was under destruction, and the players went to the WC in diferent ways before ressemblance, and we managed to beat venzuela and france ?
              why not say that we hadn't good talented players this time ?
              why not admitting that our offense sucks, without any player who knows to shoot with good average ?
              why not saying that Ghassan didn't manage to collect good players ? and why not admit to say that GS have no idea who to create a system ?

nway, everything should be discussed after this AC, we can't drop a team, and bring out a new team with B level, and make wishes and hopes.
              that's too fair for our retarded mentality, or Ghassan's one, someone tell him that's not the way to build a fresh team.
              let him see Tab Baldwin and the Jordanian federation plan to do so. don't let him play the role of god of knowledge in BBal...to save our ass in the next championships.

Comment

Dany from what I am reading from your post it seems that getting a descent budget for our future NT will remain to be a big problem

Is it possible that we might not be able to host the 2013 Asian Championship because of this as well? I really hope not

Comment

if we wanted to make a new team of youngsters we should have waited till the end of this tournament and started with a brand new team and see the results at asian cup 2013 not create a new team a month before the asian cup..hayda mech chegel ...we see the jordanian national team the way they played and they realy deserve to get the cup ... and we all know that we can beat each and every team in this cup but we didn't ... a new team with only 2 weeks of preparations .. ma3ley a new team needs at least 1 year of preparations for such tournaments

Comment

our Roster Should include :

1-Ali Mahmoud
                    2-Fadi El Khatib
                    3-Roni Fahed
                    4-Rodrigue Akl
                    5-Daniel Faris
                    6-Elias Restom
                    7-Jean Abdel Nour
                    8-Ghaleb Rida
                    9-Ali Kanaan
                    10-Bassel Bawji
                    11-Ahmad Ibrahim
                    12-Very Good Naturalized player !
                    Proud To Be Lebanese

Live Streaming On LBCI Site :http://www.lbcgroup.tv/sports

Source:

Lebanese Basketball Group on FB (THX TO ROY HAJJ FOR ALL THE STATS)

www.sports-leb.com

www.sportkello.com

http://www.malaeeb.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid80 View Post
                      Dany from what I am reading from your post it seems that getting a descent budget for our future NT will remain to be a big problem

Is it possible that we might not be able to host the 2013 Asian Championship because of this as well? I really hope not
                      Khalid, from the way i see it, we will not host anything, its just some claims by the federation to assure that they didn't let the 2011 championship go without any return, and after a while they do the same.
                      The ones running our federation now are very weak, they cant even get some sponsors to the game, they dont know how to promote and get money!
                      In conclusion, with this federation, yeah the budget issue is gonna be a big problem!
                      Proud to be Lebanese
                      www.arabasket.com

Comment

Khalid, from the way i see it, we will not host anything, its just some claims by the federation to assure that they didn't let the 2011 championship go without any return, and after a while they do the same.
                        The ones running our federation now are very weak, they cant even get some sponsors to the game, they dont know how to promote and get money!
                        In conclusion, with this federation, yeah the budget issue is gonna be a big problem!

Dani, any chance that this federation will resign?

Comment

Dani, any chance that this federation will resign?
                          Kakhia was the only person (after the beloved Choureiry of course ~RIP~) who showed some dedication for the Lebanese Basketball and SPECIALLY FOR THE NT !!!!!!!!!!!!.....he should be brought back as the FLB president surrounding with ex-players as federation official members.

ya khayyeh maybe ppl didnt want him to shine and build a name for himself that he was the reason why Lebanon made some achievements!!!.... thats why they fought him and made new elections to choose the stupid, basketball illeterate : "barakat" , and ruin the Lebanese basketball and the 12 to 13 years of great achievements !!!
                          YES !! Kakhia did care about the NT !! he was spending money as much as he can, and getting some good sponsors or donations from the contacts he knows !!!.....
                          at lease he built a good team after choosing the RIGHT coach, who was left behind after the birth of the !@#%$@# up federation !!!

some ppl here say that its not the federation to blame !...well i say to these ppl u r so blind !!

choosing the wrong coach (specially a lebanese coach and sadly Ghassan Sarkis (awsakh 3alam)...), and above all, replacing an amazing coach such as Tab Baldwin with him.... well this also proves a sign of corruption and failure!!

investing in T Baldwin for 5 years was an amazing thing Kakhia did (for the long term) and Barakat demolished; if he failed with the NT becoz he handled the NT 50 days before the world championship and after khatib facing some problems with the federation as well as other players bcoz of their stupid and childish ego not wanting to play with the NT... well its not baldwin to blame, it was the players that time and at some point the logistic mistakes by the federation. (which was unfortunately : leaving evtg till the last second)

Kakhia was doing his best in getting as much Lebanese abroad players as he can!!...and he did succeed !!....halla2 some of these players were acting professional (matt) and some were more patriotic (billy) anyway thats not the point.

the whole point is that Kakhia showed care and interest in the NT and ppl didnt want that to happen for the sake of some personal benefits.

didnt anyone notice that Sam Hoskin signed with Champville ?!?! after the naturliazation issue ?!?!....wow !! what a coincidence ya ghassan sarkis !!..... hehehe... i'll leave ur imagination figure out the scenario...

GS is known to make deals with players and benefitting from this issue, maybe few of u know that... and when he loses, he starts blaming the players since he doesnt play any system, kello improvise and street ball based on individual skills!!!...
                          i said it before and i will say it again : Ghassan Sarkis had an ALL STAR TEAM back in the late 90's.... with money raining on the team... so minimum he will build a name for himself...

Long Live Lebanon !! (Except All the Politicians!!)
                          Long Live Lebanon !! (Except All the Corrupted Citizens and All the Politicians!!)

Comment

Originally posted by Bernard View Post
                            Kakhia was the only person (after the beloved Choureiry of course ~RIP~) who showed some dedication for the Lebanese Basketball and SPECIALLY FOR THE NT !!!!!!!!!!!!.....he should be brought back as the FLB president surrounding with ex-players as federation official members.

ya khayyeh maybe ppl didnt want him to shine and build a name for himself that he was the reason why Lebanon made some achievements!!!.... thats why they fought him and made new elections to choose the stupid, basketball illeterate : "barakat" , and ruin the Lebanese basketball and the 12 to 13 years of great achievements !!!
                            YES !! Kakhia did care about the NT !! he was spending money as much as he can, and getting some good sponsors or donations from the contacts he knows !!!.....
                            at lease he built a good team after choosing the RIGHT coach, who was left behind after the birth of the !@#%$@# up federation !!!

some ppl here say that its not the federation to blame !...well i say to these ppl u r so blind !!

choosing the wrong coach (specially a lebanese coach and sadly Ghassan Sarkis (awsakh 3alam)...), and above all, replacing an amazing coach such as Tab Baldwin with him.... well this also proves a sign of corruption and failure!!

investing in T Baldwin for 5 years was an amazing thing Kakhia did (for the long term) and Barakat demolished; if he failed with the NT becoz he handled the NT 50 days before the world championship and after khatib facing some problems with the federation as well as other players bcoz of their stupid and childish ego not wanting to play with the NT... well its not baldwin to blame, it was the players that time and at some point the logistic mistakes by the federation. (which was unfortunately : leaving evtg till the last second)

Kakhia was doing his best in getting as much Lebanese abroad players as he can!!...and he did succeed !!....halla2 some of these players were acting professional (matt) and some were more patriotic (billy) anyway thats not the point.

the whole point is that Kakhia showed care and interest in the NT and ppl didnt want that to happen for the sake of some personal benefits.

didnt anyone notice that Sam Hoskin signed with Champville ?!?! after the naturliazation issue ?!?!....wow !! what a coincidence ya ghassan sarkis !!..... hehehe... i'll leave ur imagination figure out the scenario...

GS is known to make deals with players and benefitting from this issue, maybe few of u know that... and when he loses, he starts blaming the players since he doesnt play any system, kello improvise and street ball based on individual skills!!!...
                            i said it before and i will say it again : Ghassan Sarkis had an ALL STAR TEAM back in the late 90's.... with money raining on the team... so minimum he will build a name for himself...

Long Live Lebanon !! (Except All the Politicians!!)
                            90 % true

Comment

Ali Kanaan just missed 2 free throws!!!
                              does this player deserve to be in an NT ????
                              just the same for Sam Hosikn and Moe Ibrahm...
                              Ghaleb is on bench, he is now Ahmad Ibrahim number 2 case

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information