All things NASA, ESA, universe and alien life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All things NASA, ESA, universe and alien life

A planet with a bipolar sun was discovered a few days ago by NASA. There's a scene in Star Wars with Skywalker enjoying the a bipolar sunset.

A citizen in Vancouver happened to catch this on film today:

Could human-made technology stem such an accelaration in airspace? Not that we know of by all accounts. Naturally, it may be a prank as well.
    Last edited by Sitting Bull; 09-20-2011, 04:54 PM.

All i have to say is:

My homage to The heroes:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOFlzU14Ivs

Comment

Any links to any official (CNN/BBC) news article about it?
      https://t.me/pump_upp

Comment

How about the comet that is supposedly going to collide with the earth on December 21, 2012 ?

There's also the talk about comet ELEnin on September 26, 2011 causing a disaster on Earth as well
        Last edited by Khalid80; 09-21-2011, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sitting Bull View Post
          A planet with a bipolar sun was discovered a few days ago by NASA. There's a scene in Star Wars with Skywalker enjoying the a bipolar sunset.
          I posted this news in OT section a few days ago, as I think it's fascinating, and it looks legit.
          Astronomers say the Kepler telescope has found the first planet that has been definitively shown to be orbiting two suns at once.

However, I'm highly skeptical about all those ufo/alien stuff.
          5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Most of the phenomena described as UFOs are explained by science and attributed to atmospherical conditions. One of the examples is the ball lightning.
            Also since UFO means Unidentified Flying Object, how can the remaining unexplained part be attributed to alien life if the objects are UFOs?
            Apart from this, alien life is already a reality, the question remaining is if there is intelligent life as we know it outside Earth. Here the concept of intelligence (and also life) comes into place and is very difficult to define.
            Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
            Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur View Post
              Apart from this, alien life is already a reality, the question remaining is if there is intelligent life as we know it outside Earth. Here the concept of intelligence (and also life) comes into place and is very difficult to define.
              Absolutely. Was aiming at that.

A way to breakdown intelligent life could be very simplified, can it travel in the straposphere by own craft?

There are also hints about past civilizations populating planet Mars. Very interesting if official NASA footage is valid.

Comment

A 7planet solar system, maybe the lesser ones do not count

Most earthlike planet found, gliese 581d
                Explore National Geographic. A world leader in geography, cartography and exploration.

NASA's Kepler mission has made a discovery of several hundred potential planets orbiting the Milky Way, five of which are similar to earth and located in the habitable zone.

Found more, cant re-find atm

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur View Post
                  Apart from this, alien life is already a reality, the question remaining is if there is intelligent life as we know it outside Earth.
                  This is new to me, Rik. By reality, do you mean it's been shown/proven? Can you please elaborate on this?

Comment

Originally posted by Sitting Bull View Post
                    A planet with a bipolar sun was discovered a few days ago by NASA.
                    Really bipolar? So this sun has issues, stemming from childhood or adolescence up bringing, was the sun having an Oedipus Complex?

What medication are they prescribing to this sun Prozac or Praxil, maybe Mirapex?

NASA is this a nationwide therapy company, where doctors buy in a franchise to treat patients?
                    "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                      This is new to me, Rik. By reality, do you mean it's been shown/proven? Can you please elaborate on this?
                      Dude i study biology and this is one of the most famous theories of the beginning of life called "Panspermia"

It's says that the first organism came to the earth from a meteorit of the space
                      BARÇA O MUERTE

Comment

Kwijibo, biology is a great science, I hope you enjoy it.

However, my question was different. I know about the panspermia theory, and I admit that existence of alien life forms are possible, yes, but this is just a statistical estimation. As far as i know, no solid proof has been found so far to call neither panspermia theory nor alien life forms a reality. Maybe I've missed, that's why I'm asking.

Comment

Kwijibo, biology is a great science, I hope you enjoy it.

However, my question was different. I know about the panspermia theory, and I admit that existence of alien life forms are possible, yes, but this is just a statistical estimation. As far as i know, no solid proof has been found so far to call neither panspermia theory nor alien life forms a reality. Maybe I've missed, that's why I'm asking.
                          In antartida & australia some scientis found a meteorit from the space with microorganism. Another scientists did an experiment in the moon with microorganism Streptococcus mitis in 1967 and then in the earth they revived
                          BARÇA O MUERTE

Comment

Well maybe I exaggerated writing "reality", but there are proofs pointing in that direction. And it's actually also related to what Kwijibo mentioned.
                            Tech news and expert opinion from The Telegraph's technology team. Read articles and watch video on the tech giants and innovative startups.

Also, there is evidence of bacteria living in extreme environments and feeding on toxic elements and so, so life is not that precarious.
                            Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                            Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by Kwijibo View Post
                              Dude i study biology and this is one of the most famous theories of the beginning of life called "Panspermia"

It's says that the first organism came to the earth from a meteorit of the space
                              According to a "less excotic" academic theory, life arose on Earth through random natural processes ~3 billion years ago. If we deny that this theory is good enough, we have 2 alternatives:

A. Life appeared on another planet "through random natural processes" and it was distributed on earth through celestial objects.
                              Does this theory explains anything?
                              What would William of Ockham (Occam's razor) think about that?

B. Life was created on the Earth or on any other planet ("..and it was distributed on earth through celestial objects" or aliens)
                              Does this notion make any sense ? I hope it doesn't.

Paspermia theory would have reasons to exist ONLY if the scientists had deduced that life could not have been arisen on Earth, but this is not the case.

Overall, Panspermia theory explains nothing at all.

PS Actually, we have no proof or indication of alien life. But since we presume that there are numerous planets with conditions similar to Earth (which is not necessary per se), we have reasons to believe that life is a common phenomenon in the universe, as long as we believe that life can appear through randomness under the proper conditions.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information