Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philippine PBA Trades, Releases, Sign-ups, Rumours (vol. III)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow SMC really does own the league. Yet they still can't win unless they got a super import lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
      Actually, my interest to follow PBA was somewhat rekindled by the recent Gilas Pilipinas' silver medal finish. But after such "stupid" trades, parang nawalan na naman ako ng gana. Of course like most of us here, I would want to see a "balance" competition among PBA teams. I would want "weak" teams like Air-21 & Barako Bull to get stronger so that they will be able to compete vs. the likes of Talk n Text, Rain or Shine or Petron (I believe Petron will do good this conference). In this way, games will be more exciting & unpredictable. Hindi yung pagnaglaro ang Air-21 vs. Talk n Text, at the back of our minds eh, ay sigurado nang talo ang Air-21 dyan.

Ang nangyayari eh, the strong teams get even stronger & the weaker ones get even weaker.

That's the same sentiments my basketball fanatic friends also feel.
      I ask you, where in the world have you seen a balanced league? Even in fantasy leagues, they're still strong and weak teams...

Comment

• I'd rather have 8 teams than 10 with 2 developmental teams for SMC. And I'm a smb/petron fan since I was a kid. I started losing interest when they traded away guys like DonDon,Pingris, Pena, Pennisi and added Jwash and Arwind. SMB of yesteryears always has this charisma. A good mix of talented exciting scorers and hustle guys. Now its papogian game. I now watch from time to time because I want to see Fajardo improve, but other than that, pretty much lost interest because of 1 sided trades.

Jason Castro(traded for Jwash?) + Pingris(traded for arwind?) combo is fun to watch

It would've been better if the trade was Maliksi-Yeo-Kramer. Then maybe add 2nd round picks

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Ticket View Post
          I ask you, where in the world have you seen a balanced league? Even in fantasy leagues, they're still strong and weak teams...
          Well, you have a point there. What I'm implying is, the PBA can somewhat "improve" the balance of power among teams para di naman masyadong dihado ang mga "weaker" teams. Of course its easier said than done. But it can be done pag ginusto! Isn't the Commissioner's discretion to approve or disapprove a trade deal? Such a discretion was given to the Commissioner so that "lop-sided" trades will be avoided. If the Maliksi-Wesley Gonzales & Chris Pacana trade can't be considered a "lop sided" deal, then how does Commissioner Chito Salud call it?

Eh tingnan mo naman how strong teams like Petron & Talk n' Text on paper compared to Air-21. Eh yung 9th & 10th men ng Petron & Talk n Text eh pwede nang maging franchise player ng Air-21 eh.
          "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by trig View Post
            I'd rather have 8 teams than 10 with 2 developmental teams for SMC. And I'm a smb/petron fan since I was a kid. I started losing interest when they traded away guys like DonDon,Pingris, Pena, Pennisi and added Jwash and Arwind. SMB of yesteryears always has this charisma. A good mix of talented exciting scorers and hustle guys. Now its papogian game. I now watch from time to time because I want to see Fajardo improve, but other than that, pretty much lost interest because of 1 sided trades.

Jason Castro(traded for Jwash?) + Pingris(traded for arwind?) combo is fun to watch

It would've been better if the trade was Maliksi-Yeo-Kramer. Then maybe add 2nd round picks
            Same here
            "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
              Wow SMC really does own the league. Yet they still can't win unless they got a super import lol.
              Karma? Kung minsan ang subrang masiba, nabubulunan!

Trans: Greedy are those who want to get all the pork

Comment

Actually, my interest to follow PBA was somewhat rekindled by the recent Gilas Pilipinas' silver medal finish. But after such "stupid" trades, parang nawalan na naman ako ng gana. Of course like most of us here, I would want to see a "balance" competition among PBA teams. I would want "weak" teams like Air-21 & Barako Bull to get stronger so that they will be able to compete vs. the likes of Talk n Text, Rain or Shine or Petron (I believe Petron will do good this conference). In this way, games will be more exciting & unpredictable. Hindi yung pagnaglaro ang Air-21 vs. Talk n Text, at the back of our minds eh, ay sigurado nang talo ang Air-21 dyan.

Ang nangyayari eh, the strong teams get even stronger & the weaker ones get even weaker.

That's the same sentiments my basketball fanatic friends also feel.
                Unfortunately the lifeline of the league-- the SMC fans particularly Gins-- and their opinions is what matter the most. We are the minority here. So even if we kick and scream about unfair transactions and lopsided trades, we can't expect that things will change.

Heck even Tim Cone, a once staunch critic of these one-sided deals, has shut up.

In short, money talks. And that means only the Evil Empires will be true and legit contenders year in and year out.
                If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• Its the nature of the beast. Alaska yes, rebuilds the right way. Thats their only choice anyway. San Mig Corp has the resources. Why blame them for flexing their muscles? Again nature of the beasts. Not saying that what they do is right. But again they can and other teams cannot. That aint their fault

Sus. Other posters here, years na nagpopost di pa makuha ang kalakaran. Puro reklamo. Just enjoy the game.

Trans: Get used to it.

Comment

Well, you have a point there. What I'm implying is, the PBA can somewhat "improve" the balance of power among teams para di naman masyadong dihado ang mga "weaker" teams. Of course its easier said than done. But it can be done pag ginusto! Isn't the Commissioner's discretion to approve or disapprove a trade deal? Such a discretion was given to the Commissioner so that "lop-sided" trades will be avoided. If the Maliksi-Wesley Gonzales & Chris Pacana trade can't be considered a "lop sided" deal, then how does Commissioner Chito Salud call it?

Eh tingnan mo naman how strong teams like Petron & Talk n' Text on paper compared to Air-21. Eh yung 9th & 10th men ng Petron & Talk n Text eh pwede nang maging franchise player ng Air-21 eh.
                    Sometimes we are blinded by reputations. Its the system. We can atleast as fans can be vigilant to voice out displeasure. At the end of the day, its their business.

Comment

• Getting used to it and agreeing to it are 2 very different things. And its not like they are winning a lot. They have a lot of (pai)star players who doesn't fit. Its nice tho that its starting to change. Not really a fan of Tubid but he's a good pickup(and Pena). And now Kramer and Omolon whom I also think are good pickups because they are role players. Thank god they didn't get Canaleta

Comment

economics at work mehn. SMC and MVP have more cash than the Linas. Wait for the economy to improve and for the money will circulate again. Same thing happened in Spain - before the big recession Joventut was up there with Barca and Real Madrid but after 2008, they had to sell Ricky Rubio to Barca and it was all downhill from there. BTW not much trade action from the independent teams (Alaska and RoS)
                        “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
                        -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

• Originally posted by KevinDurant View Post
                          Its the nature of the beast. Alaska yes, rebuilds the right way. Thats their only choice anyway. San Mig Corp has the resources. Why blame them for flexing their muscles? Again nature of the beasts. Not saying that what they do is right. But again they can and other teams cannot. That aint their fault

Sus. Other posters here, years na nagpopost di pa makuha ang kalakaran. Puro reklamo. Just enjoy the game.

Trans: Get used to it.
                          Ikaw na rin mismo ang nagsabi bro, "We can at least as fans can be vigilant to voice out displeasure."

Of course I have no illusion that what I would be saying here in this forum would make any significant difference. As what most posters here would insist, PBA is so BIG that any displeasure of some basketball enthusiasts would not matter at all. But that should not stop any of us from expressing what we feel about the pro league.

Countless Filipino citizens had expressed their displeasure & opposition towards the administration of tita Gloria, to the point that they even tried to oust tita Gloria. But did they succeed? How many Pinoys had voiced their displeasure towards the former president in social media? But did their efforts really matter? I mean, did it have an immediate impact? Like the PBA, tita Glo was too BIG and powerful (& perhaps "garapal") to be affected by the displeasure of some disgruntled citizens.

Sir, the last time I checked, we are still living in a free country where freedom of speech is a privilege. People would continue to complain & express their displeasure on matters that they feel they aren't getting a fair deal.

Get used to it bro
                          Last edited by JAMSKIE; 08-29-2013, 04:23 AM.

Comment

Ikaw na rin mismo ang nagsabi bro, "We can at least as fans can be vigilant to voice out displeasure."

Of course I have no illusion that what I would be saying here in this forum would make any significant difference. As what most posters here would insist, PBA is so BIG that any displeasure of some basketball enthusiasts would not matter at all. But that should not stop any of us from expressing what we feel about the pro league.

Countless Filipino citizens had expressed their displeasure & opposition towards the administration of tita Gloria, to the point that they even tried to oust tita Gloria. But did they succeed? How many Pinoys had voiced their displeasure towards the former president in social media? But did their efforts really matter? I mean, did it have an immediate impact? Like the PBA, tita Glo was too BIG and powerful (& perhaps "garapal") to be affected by the displeasure of some disgruntled citizens.

Sir, the last time I checked, we are still living in a free country where freedom of speech is a privilege. People would continue to complain & express their displeasure on matters that they feel they aren't getting a fair deal.

Get used to it bro
                            But also you've got to understand the business side of this. With all your rants seems you're looking for a perfect league, perfect system for the NT which is highly unlikely to happen. We all know your rants. These were the same rants some years back. We already know.

Comment

• Originally posted by unstopaball12 View Post
                              PBA should make a rule that you cannot trade your first round pick in consecutive years. I am sick and tired of seeing Petron and San Mig getting top picks all the time
                              Only Petron has top picks all the time, even if they weren't directly getting the top players in the actual draft, but after the draft! San mig only has two top draft picks in the past, Yap(2nd) and Rico M.(1st/2nd)...and fortunately now, because they've traded Josh U. before this season started...
                              Not only does God play dice, but sometimes he throws the dice where we can’t see them.

Comment

• Originally posted by trig View Post
                                If Air21 is going to do a trading spree, I hope they just collect former archers to atleast make it interesting.

Cortez\Atkins
                                Yeo\Arana\Ritualo
                                Cardona
                                Maierhofer\Wilson
                                Sharma\Gaco
                                Add to that, trade Eric Salamat for TY Tang and let our favorite sportswriters have a field day.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information