Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philippine PBA Trades, Releases, Sign-ups, Rumours (vol. III)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NOiNU View Post
    Jonas Valanciunas will have a very good season this year.
    true. judging from his summer league performance i think he'll have a good season next season. i just hope and pray he doesn't get injured. kid is young with lots of potential.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Slaughter aims to be second successive top draft pick out of Cebu after Fajardo

ANOTHER Cebuano big man is longing to make his way to the PBA - and he hopes to be the top rookie draft pick like June Mar Fajardo before him.

Former Gilas Pilipinas and Ateneo center Greg Slaughter told Spin.ph he is "now 99 percent" ready to join the coming rookie draft, which is set on November 3 at the Robinson’s Place in Ermita.

“I am now 99 percent ready. I still keep a small percentage though, you’ll never know what can happen (and) I just want to be ready for anything,” said the 7-foot former Blue Eagles slotman.

Though he admits supporting a Talk n’ Text coached by his college mentor Norman Black, Slaughter bared that he is open to play and give it his all for any team that will tab him in the draft.

The former University of the Visayas big man admits being aware that San Mig Coffee has the biggest shot at getting the top overall pick as it owns the first-round draft rights of Globalport.

The final draft order, however, will only be known at the end of the coming Governors’ Cup where a draft lottery will be done between the two teams with the worst records during the season.

“Whoever has the No. 1 pick, I’ll be ready. That’s what I am gonna set my sights on,” Slaughter reiterated. “I am ready for that. I played triangle once in Cebu - a little bit.

“I’d love to play triangle. I know (San Mig) coach Tim Cone really made my teammate Sonny (Thoss). He really flourished in that triangle. So it’ll be really good for me” said Slaughter.

The former PH pool member is currently helping out in Gilas buildup for the Fiba-Asia championships, simulating the games of other Asian big men in practice.

“I love to help out the team, do my scouting work and perform it in practice,” he said, pointing out that the Gilas experience has also helped improve his game.

“This will turn out beneficial for me, too. The PBA is a very physical league. I got the height so I’d like to make sure I have the strength and everything when I get there,” he said.

Asked about his thoughts on not making it to Chot Reyes' final roster, the 25-year old center replied: “Coach Chot made the best decision for the country. I am just doing my part, doing the best I can to contribute.”

Code:
      http://www.spin.ph/sports/basketball/news/greg-slaughter-confirms-participation-in-2013-pba-draft
      The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• hope cebu can produce more versatile big men. as of now in cesafi not much big men with the likes of fajardo and slaughter.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
          Slaughter aims to be second successive top draft pick out of Cebu after Fajardo

ANOTHER Cebuano big man is longing to make his way to the PBA - and he hopes to be the top rookie draft pick like June Mar Fajardo before him.

Former Gilas Pilipinas and Ateneo center Greg Slaughter told Spin.ph he is "now 99 percent" ready to join the coming rookie draft, which is set on November 3 at the Robinson’s Place in Ermita.

“I am now 99 percent ready. I still keep a small percentage though, you’ll never know what can happen (and) I just want to be ready for anything,” said the 7-foot former Blue Eagles slotman.

Though he admits supporting a Talk n’ Text coached by his college mentor Norman Black, Slaughter bared that he is open to play and give it his all for any team that will tab him in the draft.

The former University of the Visayas big man admits being aware that San Mig Coffee has the biggest shot at getting the top overall pick as it owns the first-round draft rights of Globalport.

The final draft order, however, will only be known at the end of the coming Governors’ Cup where a draft lottery will be done between the two teams with the worst records during the season.

“Whoever has the No. 1 pick, I’ll be ready. That’s what I am gonna set my sights on,” Slaughter reiterated. “I am ready for that. I played triangle once in Cebu - a little bit.

“I’d love to play triangle. I know (San Mig) coach Tim Cone really made my teammate Sonny (Thoss). He really flourished in that triangle. So it’ll be really good for me” said Slaughter.

The former PH pool member is currently helping out in Gilas buildup for the Fiba-Asia championships, simulating the games of other Asian big men in practice.

“I love to help out the team, do my scouting work and perform it in practice,” he said, pointing out that the Gilas experience has also helped improve his game.

“This will turn out beneficial for me, too. The PBA is a very physical league. I got the height so I’d like to make sure I have the strength and everything when I get there,” he said.

Asked about his thoughts on not making it to Chot Reyes' final roster, the 25-year old center replied: “Coach Chot made the best decision for the country. I am just doing my part, doing the best I can to contribute.”

Code:
          http://www.spin.ph/sports/basketball/news/greg-slaughter-confirms-participation-in-2013-pba-draft
          so he is already 25 yrs old.. sighs
          [http://basketball.powerplaymanager.c...a=201410504468

“Ang hirap kasi sa kanya, kapit tuko siya sa pwesto niya. Hangga’t pupuwede ayaw niyang bumitaw. Dapat dyan automatic yan nagre-resign siya, bigyan ng chance ang iba." -Abe King

Comment

• Originally posted by sergio23 View Post
            Why Fajardo would be 24 by November also and Greg will be 26 by next may.. Has been with Gilas at age 20..Fajardo joined Gilas at 23..
            To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
            1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
              anybody know where Perry Ronquillo is working now? i really think he is a good coach. i wonder where he is now. not even in college teams.
              he's currently in hercules, california... was on a same flight with him from SF to manila years back, talked to him a little bit and he said he's happy living with his family in the US and has no plans of coming back to the phils to coach...vacation only...

Comment

And taulava play his 1st RP game 3 years after he was drafted at age 28,29
                Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

why?

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Ticket View Post
                    he's currently in hercules, california... was on a same flight with him from SF to manila years back, talked to him a little bit and he said he's happy living with his family in the US and has no plans of coming back to the phils to coach...vacation only...
                    thanks. too bad. he was a good coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
                      Why Fajardo would be 24 by November also and Greg will be 26 by next may.. Has been with Gilas at age 20..Fajardo joined Gilas at 23..
                      and the level fajardo has been playing is pretty impressive compare to those Smart Gilas days of Slaughter
                      We can have no progress without change, whether it be basketball or anything else

Comment

you make it seem like he's a grandpa...25 is still young enough.

so it looks like the slaughter-sangalang-almazan troika will be the first 3 picks this coming pba draft - might be in that order since iirc smc, ros and bgsm own the first 3 picks.

Comment

• Originally posted by killmebusy View Post
                          you make it seem like he's a grandpa...25 is still young enough.

so it looks like the slaughter-sangalang-almazan troika will be the first 3 picks this coming pba draft - might be in that order since iirc smc, ros and bgsm own the first 3 picks.
                          Parks can change the order if he enters....

Comment

• Originally posted by Jared03 View Post
                            and the level fajardo has been playing is pretty impressive compare to those Smart Gilas days of Slaughter
                            Valid point although Gred has better games in Gilas uniform but Fajardo has been more consistent..
                            To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                            1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Ticket View Post
                              Parks can change the order if he enters....
                              Is parks already eligible for PBA?
                              pls correct me if I'm wrong, some of the requirements are:
                              - college grad
                              - 21 yrs old(? via the new rule)

Comment

• Well Parks cannot join the PBA Draft because he is still playing in the UAAP.
                                #parasabayan
                                #GoGilas

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information