Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philippine PBA Trades, Releases, Sign-ups, Rumours (vol. III)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aguilar in, Taha out.
    funny thing is Mamaril and Raymundo may still play the 5 position for the gins. i thought ginebra needs a center. tsk tsk

Comment

• Just to review:

Ginebra: Gets Aguilar and 2013 first round pick of TNT (owned by Barako); Loses Taha, Espiritu and 2013 first round pick (presumably Air 21's?)
      Global: Gets Washington, Taha and 2013 first round pick (presumably Air 21's?); Loses Aguilar and Deutchmann
      Petron: Gets Deutchmann; Loses Washington
      Barako: Gets Espiritu; Loses 2013 first round pick of TNT

On paper, Global appears to have the edge in this series of trades although I don't know how well J-Wash's game will come out under Junel Baculi. If J-Wash ends up motivated, they win this trade deal. The problem is how the ball will be shared among Sol Mercado, Willie Miller, Gary David and J-Wash. Unless two more players (David and Miller?) are traded by the Batang Pier team. Lots of ifs and buts though...

Barako, as usual, became the conglomerate's "b*tch" that gets raped here. This team has hardly any need for someone like Espiritu as they have a pantheon of forwards in their lineup. And in return, they give up another draft pick - TNT's which may end up as either the 9th or 10th pick overall. Depending on the number of Fil-Fors joining the draft in 2013, that may still end up to be a reliable blue chipper.

Ginebra didn't lose much in Taha as he hardly suited up for the Kings after the Mike Cortez trade. Ditto with Espiritu since there are several forwards as well at Ginebra. Aguilar's inclusion though may be preparatory to the possible trading of Kerby Raymundo for the rights to Asi Taulava with Meralco. Taulava is a simple deal that can be consummated provided the Kings give the Bolts who they want in return. Their draft pick may have dropped from a potential 3rd overall to 9th or 10th overall so this may actually be their biggest loss.

Petron wanted badly to ship J-Wash out. They succeeded, and was able to get Deutchmann in return. A win-win proposition for them.

Comment

• Global Port is Taha's third team on his rookie year. Wow...

Comment

• Asi deal is next...

Originally posted by balbi View Post
          Aguilar in, Taha out.
          funny thing is Mamaril and Raymundo may still play the 5 position for the gins. i thought ginebra needs a center. tsk tsk

Comment

• Originally posted by st_ang3r View Post
            Asi deal is next...
            hehe hopefully the gins will get Asi ASAP
            do you think it will be a direct trade between Asi and Kerby? or will there be bonus package?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay P. Mercado View Post
              Barako, as usual, became the conglomerate's "b*tch" that gets raped here. This team has hardly any need for someone like Espiritu as they have a pantheon of forwards in their lineup. And in return, they give up another draft pick - TNT's which may end up as either the 9th or 10th pick overall. Depending on the number of Fil-Fors joining the draft in 2013, that may still end up to be a reliable blue chipper.
              I think getting Buenafe was understandable because they needed scoring but I don't get why they had to give up this draft pick for Elmer Espiritu.

I think this is the same draft pick that Ginebra shipped to GlobalPort in the Aguilar deal.

Comment

• Guys,question i'm a kid in the 80's here. Did Romulo "Mama" Mamaril and Peter Aguilar we're teammates before in Ginebra? I think so.

Now, its Billy Mamaril and Japeth Aguilar in Ginebra.

Comment

• Yes, I was wrong. I thought what Global got was Ginebra's draft pick from Air 21, which potentially could have been the 3rd overall in 2013. Turns out it's Barako's pick coming from the Espiritu trade that Ginebra dealt to as a package with Taha for Japeth Aguilar.

Comment

• I guess Global Port will have to play with atleast 3 basketballs

Sol,David,Washington,Miller

Those are the biggest chuckers in the league and they are all in one team.

Comment

• Originally posted by unstopaball12 View Post
                      I guess Global Port will have to play with atleast 3 basketballs

Sol,David,Washington,Miller

Those are the biggest chuckers in the league and they are all in one team.
                      to be fair sol and miller aren't really that shot heavy though they demand the ball in their hands most of the time whether they pass or shoot or turn it over.

Comment

• I just wish JA will have the playing time he wanted in BGK uniform...
                        Not only does God play dice, but sometimes he throws the dice where we can’t see them.

Comment

• Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
                          1 cancer gone from Petron. Am a very, very happy man.
                          They've picked Arwind over J-Wash...so who's next?
                          Not only does God play dice, but sometimes he throws the dice where we can’t see them.

Comment

• Yeo

Comment

• Originally posted by Jordan Bruiseter View Post
                              Yeo
                              that's close to impossible. but if its going to happen. I know DT would celebrate yeo's departure.haha.
                              The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by killmebusy View Post
                                to be fair sol and miller aren't really that shot heavy though they demand the ball in their hands most of the time whether they pass or shoot or turn it over.

Hence the reason why they need more basketballs

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information