Page 181 of 295 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191231281 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,620 of 5897

Thread: Philippine PBA Trades, Releases, Sign-ups, Rumours (vol. III)

If the deal of Lutz and David pushes through, Global Port wins by a mile based on Fit alone.

He provides many things for Global Port especially as the main defensive stopper for the team. He will be what Marcio used to be for Powerade. All they have to do now, is to get a legitimate pass first point guard and they will be set.

I feel bad for Petron if this pushes through especially Junmar and Yeo. Junemar now will get less touches and will rely on offensive rebounds with another volume scorer in David, While Yeo will further rot in the bench as David usually commands heavy minutes.

Ace up Ginebra's sleeve? Alaska's Alas offered coaching job by rival SMC group

THE major reorganization of the coaching staff of the three ballclubs under the giant San Miguel Corp. umbrella is set to lure one coach from a rival team.

His name? Alaska assistant coach Louie Alas.

Alas, who sat opposite the Barangay Ginebra bench during the last PBA Commissioner's Cup won by Alaska, has been offered a coaching post by the SMC organization, most likely with Ginebra.

The multi-titled Alas admitted to Spin.ph that he was offered a coaching job during a meeting with SMC basketball officials Robert Non and Noli Eala on Monday morning at the SMC headquarters in Ortigas.

“Yes, kinausap nila ako. Inaalok nga ako,” said Alas, who was accompanied by agent Danny Espiritu during the meeting.

San Miguel officials did not specify which particular post they are offering Alas, who will be furnished a copy of the contract offer before he leaves for the US to join the rest of the Alaska Aces in their US trip.

The US trip is a bonus for the Aces' sweep of Ginebra in the last Commissioner's Cup Finals, where Alas stood as one of the top deputies of young Alaska coach Luigi Trillo.

“Isa kasi sa mga binanggit sa kanya is yung chance - bigger chance- to coach sa ilang teams ng San Miguel. Iba yung plano sa kanya. Pag-aaralan pa,” he added.

The well-known player agent believes Alas is bound for a spot as an assistant coach at Ginebra, which has vacancies in its coaching staff following the transfer of Allan Caidic and Juno Sauler to La Salle.

Sauler was recently named new La Salle head coach, replacing Gee Abanilla while Caidic is set to be assigned full time to the Green Archers as shooting coach and assistant coach.

Spin.ph had earlier reported that University of the East Red Warriors coach Boysie Zamar has also been offered a spot in the Gin Kings' staff as one of Alfrancis Chua’s deputies.

Espiritu said the ball is now in Alas’ hands.

“He was offered something that is hard to resist. Kaya ngayon kailangan niyang i-discuss yun with Alaska 'pag nasa US na sila. Kaya yun ang time na ipapadala sa kanya yung copy ng offer,” Espiritu said.

Alas declined comment when asked what he feels about the offer.

Code:
    http://www.spin.ph/sports/basketball/news/louie-alas-san-miguel-corp-coach-alaska-aces-basketball-offer

if alaska will loose alas, its gonna be a very difficult next conference for them.

If Alaska loses Alas, they should hire Frankie Lim as his replacement.

After winning the 2013 ABL Championship, Asi Taulava has return to the gym again to work out with Kerby Raymundo and Japeth Aguilar. Photo via @AsiTaulava88

1016195_10151670093463771_1483825585_n.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    if alaska will loose alas, its gonna be a very difficult next conference for them.
    I think the coaching spot of ginebra has been given to boysie zamar...

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBluePinoy View Post
    After winning the 2013 ABL Championship, Asi Taulava has return to the gym again to work out with Kerby Raymundo and Japeth Aguilar. Photo via @AsiTaulava88

1016195_10151670093463771_1483825585_n.jpg
    could be ginebra's frontcourt next conf.... As ginebra as offered urbiztondo and a future 2nd round pick for asi's rights...

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ticket View Post
    I think the coaching spot of ginebra has been given to boysie zamar...
    Ginebra lost two personnel from their coaching staff Sauler and Caidic, i think they will add alas together with zamar. SMC is really fond of hoarding.

i really wonder why no PBA team offered alas a headcoach job. he is a very good coach as far as i remember and deserves to be a headcoach.

could be ginebra's frontcourt next conf.... As ginebra as offered urbiztondo and a future 2nd round pick for asi's rights...
    i thought Meralco is eying for raymundo?

i wonder what frakie is up to nowadays. i hope frankie can coach nlex so boyet can go full time with san beda.

i thought Meralco is eying for raymundo?
    I dont think ginebra would let him go after his resurrection last conf...as you know, ginebra is a hoarder... Asi, japhet, billy, kerby, rico as their frontline...

Ginebra lost two personnel from their coaching staff Sauler and Caidic, i think they will add alas together with zamar. SMC is really fond of hoarding.

i really wonder why no PBA team offered alas a headcoach job. he is a very good coach as far as i remember and deserves to be a headcoach.
    Wasn't Alas axed by Mobiline?

I dont think ginebra would let him go after his resurrection last conf...as you know, ginebra is a hoarder... Asi, japhet, billy, kerby, rico as their frontline...
    Poor Rico Maierhofer... From rookie of the year to garbage time player.

Quote Originally Posted by hologram View Post
    Wasn't Alas sacked by Mobiline?
    Yup, alas was famously known for drafting his MBA boy, gilbert demape, over john arigo...

Wasn't Alas axed by Mobiline?

yup. and since then he wasn't able to land a head coach job in the PBA, i think.

Poor Rico Maierhofer... From rookie of the year to garbage time player.
    I hope he'll be traded to Air21!
    Not only does God play dice, but sometimes he throws the dice where we can’t see them.

http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv...tion-officials

Change coming? Petron coach Olsen Racela meets with San Miguel Corporation officials

Petron Blaze coach Olsen Racela met with San Miguel Corporation basketball officials on Tuesday amid rumors that a coaching change is in the offing for the Boosters.

Racela told InterAKTV about the meeting in a text message on Tuesday morning. “Don’t really know what the meeting is about. Pinatawag lang kami,” he said.

After the meeting, Racela refused further comment on the matter, instead referring queries to Robert Non, who heads the conglomerate’s basketball operations group.

“Boss Robert will come out with a statement,” said Racela.

Multiple calls and messages to Non went unanswered. Another SMC official, Noli Eala, also refused to comment on what transpired during the meeting.

“Please call Robert,” Eala said.

Racela took over the coaching chores of Petron before the start of the season after two years as an assistant to Ato Agustin. Before retiring, he spent 14 seasons as point guard for the franchise then known as the San Miguel Beermen.

So it's confirmed: Gee Abanilla takes over head coaching responsibilities replacing Olsen Racela. Siot Tanquincen is now Petron's team manager vice Hector Calma. Jorge Gallent and Ato Agustin moves over to Ginebra to backstop Alfrancis Chua. While San Mig's Koy Banal is sent to Petron to assist Abanilla.

Wonder what will happen to Racela and Calma. Curiously, with Agustin and Gallent moving to Ginebra, who'll they replace? Allan Caidic?

http://www.spin.ph/sports/basketball...anal-at-petron

SMC puzzle complete as new Petron coach Abanilla joined by Austria, Siot, Banal

THE worst-kept secret in town is out.

The much-anticipated rigodon of coaches of San Miguel Corp.-owned teams is underway, with Gee Abanilla taking over from Olsen Racela as coach of Petron where he will be joined by a whole new team of assistant coaches and team manager.

Abanilla, who was replaced as La Salle coach last month, will have newly minted ABL champion coach Leo Austria of San Miguel and Koy Banal, formerly of San Mig Coffee, as assistants. The only holdover from Racela's staff will be former pro Biboy Ravanes.

Named Petron team manager is Siot Tanquingcen, who won championships as a coach of Ginebra and was also a former coach of the flagship franchise of the SMC group.

PBA great Hector Calma, who previously held the position, has been named the franchise's alternate board member - the same post to be held by current Ginebra manager Samboy Lim.

League chairman Robert Non is now Ginebra's team manager and representative to the board.

To complete the cast, former Indonesia Warriors coach Todd Purves is set to return to the country in two weeks time to take on a consultant role at Petron. He was in the country for four days last week and sources said he has already agreen terms with the SMC group.

Racela, who coached Petron for two conferences, has been moved to San Mig as one of Tim Cone's assistants.

Ginebra will also have two new faces in its coaching staff in former Petron champion coach Ato Agustin and George Gallent, formerly of San Mig. Gallent played for Ginebra head coach Al Chua during his days in the amateur leagues.

Spin.ph had earlier reported that University of the East coach Boycie Zamar and Alaska assistant coach Louie Alas have been offered assistant coaching positions at Barangay Ginebra.

Aside from Tanquingcen, Ginebra has also lost Juno Sauler and Allan Caidic who are now working full time at La Salle as coach and assistant, respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay P. Mercado View Post
    So it's confirmed: Gee Abanilla takes over head coaching responsibilities replacing Olsen Racela. Siot Tanquincen is now Petron's team manager vice Hector Calma. Jorge Gallent and Ato Agustin moves over to Ginebra to backstop Alfrancis Chua. While San Mig's Koy Banal is sent to Petron to assist Abanilla.

Wonder what will happen to Racela and Calma. Curiously, with Agustin and Gallent moving to Ginebra, who'll they replace? Allan Caidic?
    Caidic & sauler who will be concentrating with lasalle...

Racela will go to smc to replace koy...

I want Danny I in Barako Bull uniform with Danny S.

Page 181 of 295 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191231281 ... LastLast