Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philippine PBA Trades, Releases, Sign-ups, Rumours (vol. III)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I remember Eala's plan for the PBA being the premiere asian league. A league where asians aspire to play outside the NBA, of course we know what happened to him (Eala) next (he got axed)

Comment

• Originally posted by startupsold View Post
      I remember Eala's plan for the PBA being the premiere asian league. A league where asians aspire to play outside the NBA, of course we know what happened to him (Eala) next (he got axed)
      And i remember him getting hired again by the same people who axed him

#MoneyTalks
      If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
        And i remember him getting hired again by the same people who axed him

#MoneyTalks
        very true. the irony of it.
        The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

And who wants to go to the small town teams? Will the big name corporations (say SMC) settle for a location like Davao when their exposure in the current system is Metro Manila/NCR? Is that a good business decision if you are a PBA owner?
          PBA teams will still be primarily based in Manila, in contrast to MBA's system, however during out of town games they are exclusively owned by the provincial city that won the bid. The PBA calendar has 30 Elimination games in total, they (teams) can just play 1/3 of their games on their designated city, that(s) not bad.

Comment

• Pipe dream who would want to make a league with only two major markets (Manila and Cebu)

this setup is good for division two leagues only
            To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
            1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Just to be clear, i am NOT disagreeing with the general idea of a "regionalized" league i would like to see that eventually and i see it as the ideal format in ANY league in any country.

BUT:
              Do you also remember how much was the cost of those tickets in the provinces? Will the probinsyanos shell out 10K for a courtside seat?
              And the seat capacity of those provincial venues....

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
                Pipe dream who would want to make a league with only two major markets (Manila and Cebu)

this setup is good for division two leagues only
                That is the setback, also local budgets just goes right straight into the pockets.

Comment

• PBA teams don't have to pay for the player's board and lodging here in manila as players have their respective homes....if they'll be in a regional league in a home and away format, budget for hotel and transportation will be increased....why would they want to do that?

anyway, this is out of topic....maybe startupsold can make a new thread for this....

Comment

• Is Kerby Raymundo the only player who received the 420 k new maximum salary of pba (being for purefoods for 6+ years back then)

Comment

Is Kerby Raymundo the only player who received the 420 k new maximum salary of pba (being for purefoods for 6+ years back then)
                      I don't know if Raymundo was signed to the max. But the one thing I'm sure is that Gary David, on record, is already receiving the max salary of P420k. He renewed his contract with Powerade on December, 2011 and received the max. I'm not sure who else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay P. Mercado View Post
                        I don't know if Raymundo was signed to the max. But the one thing I'm sure is that Gary David, on record, is already receiving the max salary of P420k. He renewed his contract with Powerade on December, 2011 and received the max. I'm not sure who else.
                        Gabe Norwood
                        PBA-Online! » With Complete Career Stats of All Active PBA Players + All-Time Career Stats Leaders

Comment

• I don't know giving a 10+ year veteran pba player maximum contract..work ethic would be questioned.. and I think this is the reason he has no hesitations in requesting to SMC higher ups to change scenery..Luckily PBA salary issue is not that highlighted compared to NBA. If not we would here a lot of criticism in Kerby's and Jay Washington's play..

Comment

I don't know giving a 10+ year veteran pba player maximum contract..work ethic would be questioned.. and I think this is the reason he has no hesitations in requesting to SMC higher ups to change scenery..Luckily PBA salary issue is not that highlighted compared to NBA. If not we would here a lot of criticism in Kerby's and Jay Washington's play..
                            Even the NBA has stupid GMs.
                            If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

Jim Buss?
                              I'm back. Don't ask why. Just be glad.

Comment

Isiah thomas
                                Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information