Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philippine PBA Trades, Releases, Sign-ups, Rumours (vol. III)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'm sorry for the wrong info.. saw it here https://www.facebook.com/pages/NBA-a...ref=ts&fref=ts
    every breath is a second chance

Comment

• Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
      As per recent interviews he knows about the recent trade talks (meaning management confirmed to him that possible exchanges were legit). Credit to him he used it as a motivation and played well in the past couple of wins.

i am still a staunch endorser of that trade but if it does NOT happen and Washington plays this well the rest of the way? Good for Petron either way.
      That's a ticking bomb waiting to explode if J-Wash continues to share minutes with Santos. There's no way to appease J-Wash other than giving him the playing time he deserves. But since it's apparent that both Santos and J-Wash can't be in the court together, the best option really is to move him to another SMC team - most likely Ginebra in a 3-way trade. Not to say Ginebra needs him desperately - as the team is awashed with so many forwards. But they probably would need a good rebounding power forward who can shoot from the outside. Kerby Raymundo will be getting less minutes or may be asked to play the center position, sharing the spot with Billy Mamaril who's been playing very well lately. But that's the best option available for J-Wash - especially since he intimated that if traded, he'd like to move to another SMC team.

Of course, Barako and Global may be regarded as SMC teams as well but I don't think he was referring to these two teams...

Comment

• Originally posted by privateEYE View Post
        Is it confirmed that Japeth is going to Global Port?
        Not that it really died down from three and a half months ago (more like overshadowed by the D-League experiment), but the Japeth-Rabeh trade is being resurrected, with Japeth most likely getting a sign-and-trade deal from TnT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jordan Bruiseter View Post
          Not that it really died down from three and a half months ago (more like overshadowed by the D-League experiment), but the Japeth-Rabeh trade is being resurrected, with Japeth most likely getting a sign-and-trade deal from TnT.
          I don't know but I don't think this would materialize. For one, while Black may like having Rabeh take over the center slot at TNT in lieu of Ali Peek, giving up Aguilar would be a stretch. If there's one coach who can optimize Aguilar's skills, it would be Black. And Black would love to have the Al-Husseini - Aguilar combo in TNT as the cornerstones of his future interior. It would also slowly inject Black's own offensive system into TNT where the focal point of his offense would come from the low block.

I think what TNT has in mind is to see the further diminishing of Al-Husseini's marketability as a player. As Rabeh continues to flounder with Global, his value plummets every single playing day. And as Global increasingly would want to trade him, they would have to settle for less talent just to give up Rabeh. Probable option would be Harvey Carey in a straight swap. Not exactly a fair deal altogether but if that will take for Global to dispose of a P337.5k salaried player in Al-Husseini, then I won't be surprised if Mikee Romero would bite...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay P. Mercado View Post
            I don't know but I don't think this would materialize. For one, while Black may like having Rabeh take over the center slot at TNT in lieu of Ali Peek, giving up Aguilar would be a stretch. If there's one coach who can optimize Aguilar's skills, it would be Black. And Black would love to have the Al-Husseini - Aguilar combo in TNT as the cornerstones of his future interior. It would also slowly inject Black's own offensive system into TNT where the focal point of his offense would come from the low block.

I think what TNT has in mind is to see the further diminishing of Al-Husseini's marketability as a player. As Rabeh continues to flounder with Global, his value plummets every single playing day. And as Global increasingly would want to trade him, they would have to settle for less talent just to give up Rabeh. Probable option would be Harvey Carey in a straight swap. Not exactly a fair deal altogether but if that will take for Global to dispose of a P337.5k salaried player in Al-Husseini, then I won't be surprised if Mikee Romero would bite...
            agree.

excellent analysis, sir JPM!
            AT SA TINGIN MO AY MAS MAHUSAY KA KESA KAY COACH CHOT?!

Comment

Then where would you put Greg Slaughter? im sure Norman Black and MVP wants Slaughter on their team. unless MVP elevates NLEX to the PBA.
              if i would be in control ill trade the rights for Japeth for Rabeh and have a Rabeh Slaughter twin tower combo. then ill make Capacio play Japeth an avg of 35mins/game and japeth would hopefully be the 6'9 superstar everybody has been wishing for.haha.
              POLITICS: Old men talk while young men are dying...

Comment

• Originally posted by sharky View Post
                Then where would you put Greg Slaughter? im sure Norman Black and MVP wants Slaughter on their team. unless MVP elevates NLEX to the PBA.
                if i would be in control ill trade the rights for Japeth for Rabeh and have a Rabeh Slaughter twin tower combo. then ill make Capacio play Japeth an avg of 35mins/game and japeth would hopefully be the 6'9 superstar everybody has been wishing for.haha.
                Good point, Sharky. That's really very logical. The setback though is that for TNT and Black to acquire Slaughter's services, they need to trade with the team to have the top pick of the draft. Global may end up with the lottery pick BUT they don't have that pick anymore - I'm not sure if it's with SMC Mixers now (help me out here, BT). So getting Slaughter may be a dream.

But it is logical - trade Aguilar to Global for the top pick of next year's draft which may turn out to be Slaughter. But since Global doesn't have this anymore, it'll be a futile move. The other option is to make Slaughter wait for another season with the cadet national team and the NLEX Road Warriors while waiting for the Tropang Texters (or the Bolts) to make a move in getting a 2014 first round pick from a lowly team.

Comment

• It's with sanmig now....urbiztondo trade...

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Ticket View Post
                    It's with sanmig now....urbiztondo trade...
                    Would you recall what teams have other teams' first picks? As you said, the Mixers have Barako's pick. Ginebra, if I recall right, has Air 21's. I think ROS has their own as well - Barako as well or Meralco? Does Petron own another team's pick?

Comment

• Petron got their own pick and ROS has Barako's pick.

Comment

• ROS has meralco's pick (sol trade)
                        Barako has 3 picks i believe (ginebra in the intal/kramer deal, sanmig in the canaleta/allado deal and another pick i cant remember from....

Comment

Good point, Sharky. That's really very logical. The setback though is that for TNT and Black to acquire Slaughter's services, they need to trade with the team to have the top pick of the draft. Global may end up with the lottery pick BUT they don't have that pick anymore - I'm not sure if it's with SMC Mixers now (help me out here, BT). So getting Slaughter may be a dream.

But it is logical - trade Aguilar to Global for the top pick of next year's draft which may turn out to be Slaughter. But since Global doesn't have this anymore, it'll be a futile move. The other option is to make Slaughter wait for another season with the cadet national team and the NLEX Road Warriors while waiting for the Tropang Texters (or the Bolts) to make a move in getting a 2014 first round pick from a lowly team.
                          sorry JPM but i am a bit uneasy with this idea. petron did this trick to get junmar from the draft last year (and eala/petron was bashed by most forumers for that). should TnT adopt the trick, this might lead to further imbalance of talents among PBA teams. "hoard war" between RSA and MVP would deprive weaker teams the chance to improve their line-ups because potential players from gilas and PBADL are being put in "wait-there-until-we-have-the-draft-rights-to-snatch-you" trick by the powerful and influential teams like RSA's and MVP's.

Comment

• Originally posted by angmamatayngdahilsa'yo View Post
                            sorry JPM but i am a bit uneasy with this idea. petron did this trick to get junmar from the draft last year (and eala/petron was bashed by most forumers for that). should TnT adopt the trick, this might lead to further imbalance of talents among PBA teams. "hoard war" between RSA and MVP would deprive weaker teams the chance to improve their line-ups because potential players from gilas and PBADL are being put in "wait-there-until-we-have-the-draft-rights-to-snatch-you" trick by the powerful and influential teams like RSA's and MVP's.
                            No disagreement there. And what I wrote wasn't a personal preference. As an advocate of PBA parity, I've always felt the need for the weakest team to gain the best chance of redeeming itself in the next season by beefing its lineup with a blue-chip rookie. That's how to turn the franchise's fortunes around. The NBA had Lebron James who turned things around for Cleveland. Or Shaquille O'Neal for Orlando. In the PBA, Benjie Paras resurrected Shell's fortunes in 1989. Or Jun Limpot making Sta. Lucia competitive even for a neophyte team in 1983. That's how it should be.

Let me clarify though that my statement came as a reply to Sharky's scenario of Slaughter being eyed by TNT. And while of course, every single team would want to have a 7'1 mastadon as their slotman, I merely drew up some possible options for the MVP Group if they truly want to have Slaughter in their lineup. I didn't like what the RSA Group did to get Junmar Fajardo's services but it is legitimate and done with fairness. The weaker team (Air 21 in this case) opted to give up their rights to the top pick of the 2012 draft to beef up their lineup in the past. They did that again for next year, giving up their first pick to Ginebra for a couple of talented players who can turn their fortunes today.

But true, I'd rather see Fajardo and Slaughter suit up for teams like Air 21 and the also-ran teams. It's unfortunate that the better teams get the best rookies...

Comment

• TNT and Black to acquire Slaughter's services, they need to trade with the team to have the top pick of the draft.
                              Gabrielkun Blog | Canelo Alvarez vs Angulo Tickets | Pacquiao vs Bradley Tickets Tickets

Comment

• a japeth-greg frontline is better than a japeth-rabeh. TnT, therefore, does not have to bother with rabeh.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information