Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philippine PBA Trades, Releases, Sign-ups, Rumours (vol. III)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• letting baculi go is a big mistake for barako...this guy is very underrated. I hope noli eala recognized his ability and take him in....hoard all the coaches too sir!

Comment

• Originally posted by paulezra View Post
      letting baculi go is a big mistake for barako...this guy is very underrated. I hope noli eala recognized his ability and take him in....hoard all the coaches too sir!
      He'll be the next coach of Global Port after this conference...anyway, GP is already out for the next round, they'll have a early vacation!
      Not only does God play dice, but sometimes he throws the dice where we can’t see them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jared03 View Post
        i usually ignore it
        hahaha sometimes my mentality is the more people ignore my post = less enemies in this forum
        Last edited by reamily; 11-20-2012, 02:57 AM.
        To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
        1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• well they can have that money for more useful guys. or some first rounder from tnt.

that pick (from tnt) might be the 10th overall but atleast its better than rabeh

Comment

• Originally posted by wdwun View Post
            well they can have that money for more useful guys. or some first rounder from tnt.

that pick (from tnt) might be the 10th overall but atleast its better than rabeh
            If they can't get Al-Husseini motivated at Global Port, then the only recourse really is for him to go back to his mentor, Norman Black, the only guy who had success in making him play at his potential.

The advantage of TNT in this case is that Al-Husseini's marketability has significantly gone down compared to his ROY stint back in 2010. Whereas before, he would probably have been worth a high first round draft pick or another starting center, his slide at Global Port, not to mention the alleged attitude problem, won't make him a much-sought after player. Al-Husseini's worth would probably have been equivalent to a Ryan Reyes back in 2010 - a huge potential superstar at 6'7 and the makings of becoming the league's top center. Unfortunately, that stock has gone down and with the way things are going, Global seems more than eager to dispose of him and his P337.5k salary to get someone cheaper and more efficient.

Harvey Carey would be a good exchange for Global as you'll have an extremely hardworking forward becoming more reliable than a struggling, demotivated center. But Al-Husseini has to step up huge at TNT - otherwise, he might end up earning the ire of team leader Jimmy Alapag who's also Carey's best bud.

Comment

• that's what i was thinking also. carey has been TNT all of his career and he's been there longer than most guys. how would that deal appeal to him? is he willing to let go or is the management willing to part ways with him? anyway, the deal isn't so bad after all and carey has the opportunity to prepare a graceful exit in the PBA thru Global Port.

Comment

• Originally posted by passfirstguard View Post
                that's what i was thinking also. carey has been TNT all of his career and he's been there longer than most guys. how would that deal appeal to him?
                Who cares. It's a good business decision that should potentially help the team more. In this world? Fuck loyalty. (But i guess we are in a Filipino league where we overvalue such-- meaning, we don't make wise business decisions)
                If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
                  Who cares. It's a good business decision that should potentially help the team more. In this world? Fuck loyalty. (But i guess we are in a Filipino league where we overvalue such-- meaning, we don't make wise business decisions)
                  True...and I anticipate a resurgence in Al-Husseini's career if he moves to TNT under Black.

I get the feeling that Black may actually be doing a much better job than Chot did in his 3 years at the TNT helm. Not to take away Chot's accomplishment because it was he who built the TNT team but I'm thoroughly impressed with the business-like execution of TNT. They seem to commit less errors (I don't have the team statline so I may be wrong) and are more efficient when working out their plays. Moreso, their team defense is extremely tough, a typical hallmark of any Black team. Castro is less relied upon as Black seem to favor Alapag's decision-making more but it doesn't mean that Castro's less valued.

And of course, Black's ascent to the coaching job makes TNT "less hated" in the coaching sense. I know of a lot of PBA fans, including former Ateneans, who despise the Tropang Texters primarily because they can't stand Chot. Whether their reason is valid or not - arrogance, loudness, even fashion sense - having a more sober Black on the TNT bench makes them more "like-able." They may not exactly have increased their fanbase tenfold but the respect seems to have considerably increased a hundredfold with Black's entry.

If Jap doesn't work out in the NBDL (and I hope he succeeds), then he might come back for the Tropang Texters. Expect the team to welcome him with open arms. Much more, expect Norman Black to provide him with all the necessary support to make him achieve his potential. If they also get the troubled Al-Husseini from Global Port, then a very young and athletic interior is going to dominate TNT's frontline for several years with these two Ateneans. Add Larry Fonacier, Ryan Reyes, Jared Dillinger, Jayson Castro, Ranidel De Ocampo and Kelly Williams and this going to be an awesome lineup for the MVP franchise in the coming seasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay P. Mercado View Post
                    True...and I anticipate a resurgence in Al-Husseini's career if he moves to TNT under Black.

I get the feeling that Black may actually be doing a much better job than Chot did in his 3 years at the TNT helm. Not to take away Chot's accomplishment because it was he who built the TNT team but I'm thoroughly impressed with the business-like execution of TNT. They seem to commit less errors (I don't have the team statline so I may be wrong) and are more efficient when working out their plays. Moreso, their team defense is extremely tough, a typical hallmark of any Black team. Castro is less relied upon as Black seem to favor Alapag's decision-making more but it doesn't mean that Castro's less valued.

And of course, Black's ascent to the coaching job makes TNT "less hated" in the coaching sense. I know of a lot of PBA fans, including former Ateneans, who despise the Tropang Texters primarily because they can't stand Chot. Whether their reason is valid or not - arrogance, loudness, even fashion sense - having a more sober Black on the TNT bench makes them more "like-able." They may not exactly have increased their fanbase tenfold but the respect seems to have considerably increased a hundredfold with Black's entry.

If Jap doesn't work out in the NBDL (and I hope he succeeds), then he might come back for the Tropang Texters. Expect the team to welcome him with open arms. Much more, expect Norman Black to provide him with all the necessary support to make him achieve his potential. If they also get the troubled Al-Husseini from Global Port, then a very young and athletic interior is going to dominate TNT's frontline for several years with these two Ateneans. Add Larry Fonacier, Ryan Reyes, Jared Dillinger, Jayson Castro, Ranidel De Ocampo and Kelly Williams and this going to be an awesome lineup for the MVP franchise in the coming seasons.
                    that would be scary for all PBA teams..

the frontline of Aguilar, Al-Husseini, Williams and De Ocampo and backcourt/wing players or Alapag, Castro, Fonacier, Reyes, Dillinger with able bench players Aban and Gamalinda.. that is pretty much the definition of a COMPLETE LINEUP provided Black hones Rabeh and Japeth..

I didn't put Peek because here is one more crucial factor.. the guy i think is retiring at the end of the season or next season.. pretty much Al-Husseini and Aguilar could be able replacements for the Man Mountain..

Comment

• Harvey Carey is at the twilight of his career, trading him for the younger Al-Husaini makes a lot sense.

Since Alapag is close to reaching that point, I hope TNT will allow Alapag to retire as a Tropang Texter like what happened to Racela and what's going to happen to Helterbrand soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay P. Mercado View Post

now that is one scary team..i was hoping japeth going back to Norman first,gain back his confidence and then the NBDL. Btw, off topic sir Jay....where is Benjie Guitierrez nowadays? Do you still remember jerome Cueto and lastly whatever happened to Fernando Libed of Letran? Totoo ba yung chismis?

Comment

exactly DT. we Filipinos base some of our decisions on our emotions or our feelings toward something. take pingris for example when he was with the beermen. did he perform like he normally do in bmeg? of course no, since he doesnt want to leave bmeg in the first place.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenarcher View Post
                            Harvey Carey is at the twilight of his career, trading him for the younger Al-Husaini makes a lot sense.

Since Alapag is close to reaching that point, I hope TNT will allow Alapag to retire as a Tropang Texter like what happened to Racela and what's going to happen to Helterbrand soon.
                            Speaking of Alapag's impending retirement, I'm thinking after they build up their frontline, they'll be looking for a PG. Could we see a trade for Monfort or Salamat in the near future?
                            Last edited by Jordan Bruiseter; 11-21-2012, 01:39 AM.

Comment

• Rajko Toroman waiting for call from SMC management, itching to coach again

Rajko Toroman lives and breathes basketball, and he’s looking forward to being back on the bench.

The veteran Serbian coach hasn’t attended a PBA game since management of San Miguel Corporation, for which he serves as a basketball consultant, decided to make changes with the Petron Blaze Boosters. Toroman had originally shared coaching duties with the team’s head coach Olsen Racela.

But a slow start prompted management to reorganize the staff, leaving Toroman out of the loop.

“I said to myself that I won’t watch live games until SMC management calls me up,” Toroman told InterAKTV in an exclusive interview. “I haven’t spoken to anyone from the management for three weeks now.”

Toroman said that he has been receiving feelers to coach in other countries, but he remains committed to the conglomerate.

“I have an existing contract up to February of 2014,” said Toroman.

“I’m just waiting for an assignment from the management. Hope something positive turns out in the days to come.”

Apart from Petron, SMC also bankrolls Barangay Ginebra San Miguel and San Mig Coffee in the PBA and the San Miguel Beermen in the ASEAN Basketball league.

Toroman said being idle is new to him.

“Coaching is my life,” he said. “I have been coaching for the last 25 years. I’ve won four European championships and two Asian championships. Seeing myself not coaching is something new to me. Definitely, I am excited and itching to coach again.”

---

What happens with Toroman now?
                              If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

What happens with Toroman now?
                                Doghouse for now...He's the highest-paid jobless guy I know at this time.

I won't be surprised if Eala is securing and preparing him for future undertakings. The national team is something moist in Eala's eyes. And the SBP elections, if I'm not mistaken, is this December. If MVP runs for reelection, then they may have to find another SMC team for Toro - most likely, the SMB team in the ABL. Bobby Parks may have to be displaced to accommodate Toro but he won't mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information