Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philippine PBA Trades, Releases, Sign-ups, Rumours (vol. III)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Big Ticket View Post
    John wilson and yousif taha
    taha would be a great complement to hodge.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
      Air 21 should be interested right? For whom though...
      Ogie Menor!!!!
      Why worry when you can Pray...

Comment

• Originally posted by MR. FAST View Post
        Don't be surprised if one superstar cager will be traded by his team
        soon. Clue: He has an awkward style of getting the ball into the hoop.via Snow Badua
        Let's assume this tweet of Badua is reliable...

The apparent cager he's referring to is "CAPTAIN HOOK" himself, Mark Cardona. He obviously won't come cheap, so a team willing to get Cardona's services would really need to part with someone of equal value.

Air 21 is the most likely team willing to get Cardona. Another team that would probably gamble on him would be Global Port, especially since Mikee Romero is a La Sallian himself. If Global gets Cardona's services, the most likely player they'll be giving up would be Gary David. That would be logical, considering that Ryan Gregorio would want David in his lineup.

On the other hand, Franz Pumaren should equally be interested with Cardona. The Pumarens are probably the most logical to handle someone like Cardona because of the patriarchal relationship with Manong Derrick. The question though is - who can the Express give in return? I don't know if the Express still has available first round picks for 2014 (they don't have 2013 anymore) and even if they do have that, I don't know if Meralco is willing to wait for two years. So they probably would get one from the existing roster. Their most marketable players are Canaleta, Wilson, Taha and Baclao.

Hence, even if the Express may be the most interested, they probably won't be able to give what the Bolts want. A David-Cardona trade though appears a fair trade for both parties.

Comment

• After China stint, agent looking to bring Tracy McGrady to PBA

Don’t look now, but Tracy McGrady might have a pit stop as import in the PBA.

Local agent Sheryl Reyes has a partnership with Wasserman Media Group, the agency that represents McGrady.

According to Reyes, McGrady will arrive in China in the third week of October to play for the Qingdao DoubleStar Eagles in the Chinese Basketball Association.

The CBA season will end just as the PBA Commissioner’s Cup finals starts. The local league’s second conference imposes no height limits on imports, making McGrady, whom the NBA lists at 6-foot-8, eligible to play.

“Several people told me we can’t bring McGrady to China, now it has become possible,” Reyes wrote in a text message to InterAKTV. She said she’s exploring options for McGrady in the Philippines.

“My next agenda is to bring him in the PBA as a replacement import just like what I did with those ex-NBA players last season.”

McGrady is a two-time NBA scoring champion, seven-time All-NBA team member, and seven-time NBA All-Star. But he has been plagued by the effects of injuries over the past three seasons, averaging a career-low 5.3 points in 16 minutes per game last year with the Atlanta Hawks.

Last season, Reyes helped former NBA first round picks DerMarr Johnson, Donelle Harvey, and Rodney White get deals in the PBA during the Commissioner’s Cup.

Johnson and White played for the Barako Bull Energy while Harvey helped the Talk ‘N Text Tropang Texters reach the Commmissioner’s Cup finals.

Reyes is also exploring the possibility for another former NBA first-rounder, former New York Knick Renaldo Balkman, in the PBA

Balkman was picked ahead of Rajon Rondo of the Boston Celtics in 2006.
          Hopefully he signs with a local team here in the PBA. So i can boo him
          If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

Heard Sheryl Reyes is negotiating with Noli Eala for T-Mac to suit up for Petron next conference!

Comment

After China stint, agent looking to bring Tracy McGrady to PBA

tracy mcgrady who? is he that washed-up player who should be friends with billy ray bates?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay P. Mercado View Post
                Heard Sheryl Reyes is negotiating with Noli Eala for T-Mac to suit up for Petron next conference!
                Haha. i don't think Eala is that stupid
                If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

in the unlimited height conference? denzel bowles would kill him inside...

Comment

in the unlimited height conference? denzel bowles would kill him inside...
                    Tough for Petron then...maybe JF can help! Remember, the Boosters don't need a center!

Comment

Tough for Petron then...maybe JF can help! Remember, the Boosters don't need a center!
                      ok...then denzel bowlew would kill JF inside...lol

Comment

• remember Cedric Ceballos playing one game for SMB

Comment

he's better off playing in barako...like what dermarr johnson did.

Comment

ok...then denzel bowlew would kill JF inside...lol
                            Agree on you sir! They should pick good center ala Denzel Bowles to match up DB's intensity.

Comment

• Time to go home, Billy

A portal of daily newspapers covering Philippine news headlines, business, lifestyle, advertisement, sports and entertainment. Also delivers Manila and Cebu news.

NBA folklore legend and PBA Hall of Famer Billy Ray Bates is somewhere in Bicol, supposedly a guest of a friendly town Mayor who’s a basketball fan. What he’s doing in Bicol couldn’t be ascertained. A close friend said he could be conducting a clinic or just cooling off to let the heat die down after getting arrested for throwing a rock at a car in Quezon City a few weeks ago.

Apparently, Bates was never jailed for the rock-throwing incident. He was brought to the Quezon City police station 7 after officers picked him up drunk in Cubao early one morning but was supposedly let go. Now, even his most loyal friends are urging Bates to pack up and go back to the US where his wife Beverly is waiting.

“There’s nothing for him in the Philippines,” said San Miguel Beer ABL coach Bobby Parks, a former PBA import like Bates. “His friends have been helping him out but maybe, it’s time for him to go back home.”

Things went downhill for Bates after his contract with the ABL team Philippine Patriots as skills coach was terminated last Feb. 15 for cause. He flew in from New Jersey last October to be inducted into the PBA Hall of Fame. The PBA took care of his board and lodging for four days and four nights but Bates got a reprieve when he was signed by the Patriots.

Out of a job, Bates moved in with a woman, identified as Christy, in the San Pedro, Laguna, home of a friend Jimmy Fojas, a Filipino professional manager with a biotechnology company living in San Francisco and a long-time PBA fan. Fojas linked Bates to the PBA when he was nominated for induction into the Hall of Fame. Bates abused the Fojas family’s hospitality until he was run out at the point of a gun.

“Billy’s stay at our house was a disaster,” wrote Fojas in an e-mail. “My brother always fed him and his girl whom he met at a club when he was still staying in Quezon City. There were times that he bought food for themselves but most of the time, they relied on my family for food. He even tried to assault my crippled brother one night when he was so drunk just because my brother asked him for money to cover the electric bill. I ended up paying the bills when he took off from our place but that’s okay, at least my family got back their privacy.”

Fojas said Bates was an unwanted guest in their home and scared his 84-year-old mother. “We’re just a middle class family and don’t have enough resources to provide for him long-term,” said Fojas. “My crippled brother is 47 and my three brothers took turns in helping him out, considering he brought a girl to our house. If he just got his act straight while he was with the Patriots, I think there would have been more opportunities for him and that he would be in a better situation. I hope the Bureau of Immigration deports him back to the US since my family feels threatened while he’s still in the country, considering all the stupid things he’s done.”

Fojas said Bates even went to the San Pedro police to complain about his brother for poking a gun at him when it was for self-defense. “My crippled brother told me Billy got really upset when he was asked to pay for the electric bill which was so high because of his use of the air-conditioner,” said Fojas. “Billy left but came back a little later very drunk and started throwing chairs and slamming doors that got my Mom really scared. He went to my brother’s little store and began yelling at him, shouting profanities. When Billy tried to attack my brother, he got his air gun and pointed it at him to scare him away. Billy went to the San Pedro police station very drunk to complain about my brother. When the police came to our house and saw the mess he did, they knew he was lying. The town Mayor knows our family and that we’re not that kind of people. When my older brother got home and found out what happened, he called Bobby Parks for help. Bobby sent a taxi to pick up Billy and his girl, put them up in a hotel until they moved to Quezon City to rent a room. Billy’s a very ungrateful person. He feels that he’s still on top of the world. It’s all over now and he’s got to admit that and just try to live a normal life.”

When Bates was with the Patriots, he lived in an Eastwood condo. He was well provided for but junked the chance to straighten out his life. Once, Bates was involved in a scandal when he brought a woman to his unit only to find out she was a man. Bates’ guest stormed out of the unit screaming for help at 4 a.m. after he was “uncovered.” There were also reports of taxi drivers and women demanding payment for services from Bates, creating a commotion in his condo building.

“I got a call from Billy’s step-daughter Markisha who read a write-up about Billy claiming the reason why he didn’t perform well with the Patriots was because he was so worried about her being sick and looked for financial help for her,” said Fojas. “Since Billy got to the Philippines, Markisha insisted he never helped her in any way.”

The PBA provided Bates with a round-trip ticket last October but it’s since been a year and he’s still in town. “I’ll inquire if the PBA can get him a ticket back to the US before he gets deported for all his crazy activities,” said Fojas. “I don’t want to bother people anymore asking favors for Billy. My family is worried that Billy might come back to our area and do crazy things.”

Bates, 56, has overstayed his welcome in the Philippines and abused the hospitality of Filipino friends and fans. The time has come for him to go back home.

Comment

• Trade Rumor Mills: Everyone Loves Captain Hook

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Everyone loves Captain Hook after all.
                                Everyone who read or watched Peter Pan is telling the others to hate CAPTAIN HOOK. Nah! That's not the case in the PBA! I got some report that Team A2 is trying to lure CAPTAIN HOOK from Team M.

For that to happen, Team A2 needed the help of Team B. In the proposal, CAPTAIN HOOK will go to Team A2. Team M will get a VETERAN STAG from Team B and DOUBLE R from Team A2. Team A2 will end up with SUPREMO.

About the VETERAN STAG? He was instrumental in his college team's last championship before three guys from Pampanga came to the team.

Going back to CAPTAIN HOOK, it seems like everyone loves him. Team A and Team G are trying to get HOOK too.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information