Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philippine PBA Trades, Releases, Sign-ups, Rumours (vol. III)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^^
    How good Lassiter is all relative, the question is do you replace/ trade him and if so for who? There not that many wings out there if any who you can describe as an upgrade to Marcio. Who? We're talking valuable for the next 3 to 4 years.
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
      ^^
      How good Lassiter is all relative, the question is do you replace/ trade him and if so for who? There not that many wings out there if any who you can describe as an upgrade to Marcio. Who? We're talking valuable for the next 3 to 4 years.
      The trade in question was the rumored Intal-Lassiter-Barracael.

Is Intal a major downgrade if it actually happened? Maybe, but it's not that bad, long or short term.

Lassiter is a nice piece. A good 3rd or 4th option on offense and a good two-way player but not a superstar so trading him away (for a player of near-value) won't matter a bit.
      If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

^^
        there are a lot actually...lassiter aint as special a player as everyone thinks. he's a legit 3 and D guy in the ariza/danny green mold and they are in no way irreplaceable. he's a better aron aban really.

intal should be pissed if he gets shipped to smb...he's currently having an awesome start to the conference, he's finally healthy and his tandem with ababou is as legit a 2-3 combo you can have in the league. all they really need is playing time...and the right system. ginebra plainly does not know how to use their players well...baracael included.

Comment

• so you would trade Marcio for Intal? the question for me is not if it's too bad a trade , but is it a good trade you would seriously pursue, if so why? It's not like Lassiter is bad apple that you need to get rid off.
          NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

Comment

so you would trade Marcio for Intal? the question for me is not if it's too bad a trade , but is it a good trade you would seriously pursue, if so why? It's not like Lassiter is bad apple that you need to get rid off.
            Remember this is an SMC and SMC and SMC Bitch Trade. So if it's win-win for both the Evil Empire teams, it's understandable that they tried to pursue it. (With SMC's Bitch getting Barracael in the rumored trade, they get the short end of the stick while Ginebra and SMB improves or stays the same).

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• Originally posted by IshmaelM View Post
              Wow, Intal is a good role player? Being good in a Barako Bull uniform does not mean anything. There's a long line of good Barako Bull players that did not pan out in the "mother" teams.

Lassiter is your best shooter. Has the athletic tools to guard the perimeter well, as showed against Romeo. He can dribble and run the break better than Intal. Intal is a tweener who does not have much of a post game.

You lose your best shooter in order to get a guy who is not a better defender than Santos and only slightly a better dribbler. Essentially you lose your main outside weapon and gain a redundant player. I really can't understand your logic.
              Intal is a small forward FYI. I don't know about the tweener you are saying.

Comment

• Lassiter shouldn't even be compared to Intal. Marcio has proven himself Internationally (analysts say he was the best player in Gilas 1 after Douthit) and in the PBA before the injuries, while Intal is not even the 3rd Best Player in a d-league calibre team Barako Bull. well with Fajardo, Santos, Cabagnot, Tubid and old school Austria as the coach any other player would have a hard time getting the ball so i guess the trade is useless for SMB but a win for Ginebra and Barako. haha
                POLITICS: Old men talk while young men are dying...

Comment

• smc just want to upgrade ginebra. theyll fix san mig maybe after the season. this is why tanduay and air21, if i remember correctly, is frustrated with the pba. mvp and rsa teams just need a "farm" team then theyll just move players even if it doesnt make any sense. look at mvp teams, only tnt is competitive.
                  WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
                  SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Comment

• Originally posted by sharky View Post
                    Lassiter shouldn't even be compared to Intal. Marcio has proven himself Internationally (analysts say he was the best player in Gilas 1 after Douthit) and in the PBA before the injuries, while Intal is not even the 3rd Best Player in a d-league calibre team Barako Bull. well with Fajardo, Santos, Cabagnot, Tubid and old school Austria as the coach any other player would have a hard time getting the ball so i guess the trade is useless for SMB but a win for Ginebra and Barako. haha
                    How is it a win for Barako? They're getting Barracael, a player who can't consistently grab a starting spot in the league.

Also, Lassiter is better than Intal, yes. But not by a mile, especially with the new and improved Intal this conference and last.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• Originally posted by testmic View Post
                      Intal is a small forward FYI. I don't know about the tweener you are saying.
                      From what I saw before, Intal is more of a converted SF. He does not have the handles nor the athleticism of Lutz or Rosser. I guess SFs in general are tweeners. But is his skill set good enough to thrive with an established system revolving around JF? Can he play off the ball? Will his defense be exposed in the perimeter or in the paint? Is he fast enough or a good enough ball-handler to lead or finish the break?

I haven't seen his recent play in Barako but from the many Barako Bull players I've seen that didn't pan-out outside Barako Bull, his current performance should be treated with a caveat. Marcio Lassiter was a force in the first few conferences of June Mar, before he got into a freak accident with the metal chairs. Under coach Gee, he was simply automatic from outside. Granted now he is below that level. But he is still serviceable. And the way he played last game, he showed that you don't trade a player of his caliber. Specially not for an Intal. Remember, one of rumors then was a Lassiter-Paul Lee trade. And now RSA wants SMB to be contented with an Intal in order to appease Frankie Lim? Who are they kidding.

Comment

• Hard to argue against someone who hasnt seen a player's recent games....

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Ticket View Post
                          Hard to argue against someone who hasnt seen a player's recent games....
                          Yeah... From the few games this conference, he's easily the best player for SMC's Bitch #1. Outside of the import, of course.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• To add, although it's a very small sample size, Intal has averaged 18.3 PPG on 8-of-18 3FGs (44.4%) and 22-of-48 (45.8%) with 1.6 steals per game in three outings.

That three point shooting is very high but not sustainable so let's shave off a few percentage on that (35%?).

Including the first two conference, he averaged 13.7PPG this season but before that averaged only one time in double-digits (2009-2010 with Ginebra).

Those are pretty respectable numbers and shows improved stats if he's given the right role (in this case, 2nd or 3rd option).

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• ^^
                              Well if you consider the 3 teams involved (Ginebra, SMC and Barako) as one big enterprise and the higher ups decide how best to distribute their resources to prioritize more important business units, then yeah it makes sense to put your best resources in the 2 most important departments. (Ginebra and SMC) , now let's go further , if Ginebra is considered the weakenst performing department below expectations that needs urgent assistance , then yeah put your best resource (e.g Lassiter there) , then 2nd priority dept gets the 2nd best : Intal, and the dud ( Baracel ) goes to the Janitor department ( Baroka ) ganoon lang

Comment

• lokohan talaga...who in his right basketball mind would trade a solid contributor and alter the teams chemistry....intrams nga according to mr uytengsu.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information