Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philippine PBA Trades, Releases, Sign-ups, Rumours (vol. III)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IshmaelM View Post
    Thats Troy Rosario. He looks to be at least top 4 right now. And maybe a surprise 2nd pick. Trollano on the other hand might be a 2nd rounder or 3rd rounder.
    Based on hype, familiarity, and school popularity, Trollano may not be a first rounder.. but based on ability, and you are like yeng, compton, and cone type of coach (someone who actually do research on players based on need) Trollano is actually a first rounder type of player who i consider a gold mine.

But because we are in an environment who looks at those who are media-popular (although they truly deserve it), we often overlook those who are actually great players.
    Trollano is one of those guys.. and Galliguez! but I do agree with you that by reality standards, Trollano is a second round pick... If he gets lucky to be taken as a first rounder, he will not be a first four, that I truly believe as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaVi View Post
      Based on hype, familiarity, and school popularity, Trollano may not be a first rounder.. but based on ability, and you are like yeng, compton, and cone type of coach (someone who actually do research on players based on need) Trollano is actually a first rounder type of player who i consider a gold mine.

But because we are in an environment who looks at those who are media-popular (although they truly deserve it), we often overlook those who are actually great players.
      Trollano is one of those guys.. and Galliguez! but I do agree with you that by reality standards, Trollano is a second round pick... If he gets lucky to be taken as a first rounder, he will not be a first four, that I truly believe as well.
      trollano is a good player he used to play in barangay basketball here in laguna and would take charge and lead the point at 6'4. however, he has some inconsistency spoiling up his skills

Comment

• Maybe SMB will get him because of the Leo Austria connection

Comment

• Originally posted by alfrancis View Post
          I see him otherwise, most probably in the top 4 of the first round.
          you see don trollano barging the top 4 of next year's draft? a draft potentially with parks, rosario, norbert, tautaa, amer, newsome, lanete or ahanmisi?

last year in adamson, he had very suspect shot selection though that could be a product of a poor system by duremdes...he's no jericho cruz or alex nuyles though and both were late firsts.

Comment

• Originally posted by killmebusy View Post
            you see don trollano barging the top 4 of next year's draft? a draft potentially with parks, rosario, norbert, tautaa, amer, newsome, lanete or ahanmisi?

last year in adamson, he had very suspect shot selection though that could be a product of a poor system by duremdes...he's no jericho cruz or alex nuyles though and both were late firsts.
            Agree. No way he will make it to the top 6 in next year's draft.
            "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

To be fair to Nuyles, his draft class was stacked (Slaughter, Almazan, Sangalang, RR Garcia, Romeo). Plus he suffered an ACL tear the year before applying for the draft.

In hindsight, I would've gotten him instead of Forrester. He reminded me of Kenneth Duremdes while he was still with AdU.

Trollano is an entirely different story. The first three picks could be any permutation of Parks-Tautuaa-Rosario-Newsome-Lanete-Ahanmisi. He simply doesn't have the name recall nor the championship pedigree.
              Keep running, big boy.

Comment

Trollano fan trolling us...

Comment

• Trollano looks shorter than Parks. He could be 6'3 with shoes. Still a good size for an SG or SF. I think his performance in Cagayan's D League run has turned around some heads. Maybe not enough to vault himself over the popular UAAP and NCAA names but enough to make a case to be an early 2nd round pick. An all around forward/guard with good shooting and decent height I think that can translate in the PBA.

Comment

• if Trollano develops into a lockdown defender he can have a long career in the PBA.. he's a swingman in the mold of Larry Fonacier. As a poster said, Yeng Guiao could make him shine.
                    “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
                    -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

Trollano looks shorter than Parks. He could be 6'3 with shoes. Still a good size for an SG or SF. I think his performance in Cagayan's D League run has turned around some heads. Maybe not enough to vault himself over the popular UAAP and NCAA names but enough to make a case to be an early 2nd round pick. An all around forward/guard with good shooting and decent height I think that can translate in the PBA.
                      i agree that he has increased his draft stock but not to the point wherein it has catapulted him to the top half of the first. remember that the ncaa and uaap are still more popular (and arguably more competitive) than the dleague. a mid-2nd is the most probable landing spot for him. even guys like scotty thompson, art dela cruz, vosotros, khobuntin, elorde, mariano should be picked ahead of him.

Comment

I was referring to Rosario as a top 4. Trollano can't be be a first rounder, a mid or late second rounder maybe

Comment

• Originally posted by alfrancis View Post
                          I was referring to Rosario as a top 4. Trollano can't be be a first rounder, a mid or late second rounder maybe
                          It's not imposibble for trollano if it's possible to pacman to be drafted high. Joke lol

Comment

i agree that he has increased his draft stock but not to the point wherein it has catapulted him to the top half of the first. remember that the ncaa and uaap are still more popular (and arguably more competitive) than the dleague. a mid-2nd is the most probable landing spot for him. even guys like scotty thompson, art dela cruz, vosotros, khobuntin, elorde, mariano should be picked ahead of him.
                            The guys you said may have higher college pedigree or upside but in terms of performance in the D League I'd take Trollano. Scotty doesn't have a perimeter game even though his instincts and slashing give him a high upside. But without decent outside shooting he will be just a defensive player in the PBA. Dela Cruz seems to be a tweener I still can't see him playing SF or PF in the PBA. Vosotros is undersized volume shooter. Khobuntin seems to have the heft and shooting to play as stretch 4 off the bench in the league. I'd probably take this guy over Trollano. Elorde and Mariano I havent seen or read enough to make an opinion.

Comment

The guys you said may have higher college pedigree or upside but in terms of performance in the D League I'd take Trollano. Scotty doesn't have a perimeter game even though his instincts and slashing give him a high upside. But without decent outside shooting he will be just a defensive player in the PBA. Dela Cruz seems to be a tweener I still can't see him playing SF or PF in the PBA. Vosotros is undersized volume shooter. Khobuntin seems to have the heft and shooting to play as stretch 4 off the bench in the league. I'd probably take this guy over Trollano. Elorde and Mariano I havent seen or read enough to make an opinion.
                              Khobuntin looks too short to be a stretch four. Wrong training in NU. He's a wing at best. He's more like Nuyles.

Comment

• Trollano has a manager here?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information