Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philippine PBA Trades, Releases, Sign-ups, Rumours (vol. III)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know where to post this, but file am spoelstra is starting to get the respect as a good coach, today he out coach ed popovich of d spur s without lbj and wade, pop is considered by many as d best current coach, and is a front runner for team USA next head coach. Eric has always been under the shadow of riley, and was never given credit due to the big 3 and Riley. But now people are starting to realize how good Eric actually is
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• DJ Mbenga is in town. If things push through, he will be suiting up for Barako Bull to replace Evan Brock.

Comment

• Looks like Petron was able to buy out Henry Sims' contract from the Erie Bayhawks of the NBDL. Reports have it that Sims is on his way to Manila to suit up for the Blaze Boosters. He may be able to arrive in time to suit up versus the Meralco Bolts on Friday, April 05...

Huge development for them, especially since Sims is expected to be in top shape brought about by his above average performance in the D-League.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay P. Mercado View Post
          Looks like Petron was able to buy out Henry Sims' contract from the Erie Bayhawks of the NBDL. Reports have it that Sims is on his way to Manila to suit up for the Blaze Boosters. He may be able to arrive in time to suit up versus the Meralco Bolts on Friday, April 05...

Huge development for them, especially since Sims is expected to be in top shape brought about by his above average performance in the D-League.
          but reports also say despite petron buying out the contract, the bayhawks are recalling sims..

Comment

• Originally posted by zuma169 View Post
            but reports also say despite petron buying out the contract, the bayhawks are recalling sims..
            Henry Sims' tweet seems to point to being Manila-bound, Zuma.

The Erie Bayhawks head coach apparently requested Sims to stay behind since the NBDL playoffs is nearing. And with Sims' numbers of 16 and 8, you know he's a valuable contributor to the Bayhawks' success.

From the looks of it though, despite the plea from their head coach, Sims has opted to have his contract bought out by Petron.

I wonder how much he was offered by the Boosters to make him come over...

Comment

• Probably close to what Balkman got.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenarcher View Post
                Probably close to what Balkman got.
                $65k a month? Loosely translated, that's around $780k a year, or slightly above the NBA minimum salary of $762k for a player with at least a year of league experience.

Add the perks and bonuses that go with the contract, Sims seemed to have hit the jackpot with this deal...

Comment

• Noli Eala just confirmed that Henry Sims is on his way to Manila and should be arriving tomorrow morning (I assume via PAL flight PR 102 from LAX), PAL being RSA's baby.

Which means he has time to rest and recuperate and prepare himself for a day's worth of practice with the Boosters on Thursday in preparation for their crucial match against the Meralco Bolts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jordan Bruiseter View Post
                    DJ Mbenga is in town. If things push through, he will be suiting up for Barako Bull to replace Evan Brock.
                    Wasn't his name bandied about even before this conference started? I heard his asking price was way way way above even Balkman's. How the hell can Barako shoulder the tab? hmmmm

Comment

• I would love to see DJ Mbenga play here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay P. Mercado View Post
                        Henry Sims' tweet seems to point to being Manila-bound, Zuma.

The Erie Bayhawks head coach apparently requested Sims to stay behind since the NBDL playoffs is nearing. And with Sims' numbers of 16 and 8, you know he's a valuable contributor to the Bayhawks' success.

From the looks of it though, despite the plea from their head coach, Sims has opted to have his contract bought out by Petron.

I wonder how much he was offered by the Boosters to make him come over...
                        yup it seems he is headed manila.. noli also confirmed.. thanks.. good catch for petron.. now let's see how the team responds.. legit bigman..

Comment

• How will the entry of Sims affect Fajardo? Fajardo right now is not getting enough touches already, what more when Sims joins their team?

I want to see Petron play both of them the same time so we can see a glimpse of Douthit and Fajardo together.

Comment

• Originally posted by JezzaTG View Post
                            Wasn't his name bandied about even before this conference started? I heard his asking price was way way way above even Balkman's. How the hell can Barako shoulder the tab? hmmmm
                            I believe the difference is the number of games left now to play in the conference...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jordan Bruiseter View Post
                              DJ Mbenga is in town. If things push through, he will be suiting up for Barako Bull to replace Evan Brock.
                              Mbenga not yet in town, but will be tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by yapster View Post
                                Mbenga not yet in town, but will be tonight.
                                I think its late for Barako to change import and before i read that one of Mbenga demands is to be playing in a championship caliber team.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information