Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philippine PBA Trades, Releases, Sign-ups, Rumours (vol. III)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    if alaska will loose alas, its gonna be a very difficult next conference for them.
    i wonder what frakie is up to nowadays. i hope frankie can coach nlex so boyet can go full time with san beda.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

i thought Meralco is eying for raymundo?
      I dont think ginebra would let him go after his resurrection last conf...as you know, ginebra is a hoarder... Asi, japhet, billy, kerby, rico as their frontline...

Comment

Ginebra lost two personnel from their coaching staff Sauler and Caidic, i think they will add alas together with zamar. SMC is really fond of hoarding.

i really wonder why no PBA team offered alas a headcoach job. he is a very good coach as far as i remember and deserves to be a headcoach.
        Wasn't Alas axed by Mobiline?

Originally posted by Big Ticket View Post
        I dont think ginebra would let him go after his resurrection last conf...as you know, ginebra is a hoarder... Asi, japhet, billy, kerby, rico as their frontline...
        Poor Rico Maierhofer... From rookie of the year to garbage time player.

Comment

• Originally posted by hologram View Post
          Wasn't Alas sacked by Mobiline?
          Yup, alas was famously known for drafting his MBA boy, gilbert demape, over john arigo...

Comment

Wasn't Alas axed by Mobiline?

yup. and since then he wasn't able to land a head coach job in the PBA, i think.
            The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

Poor Rico Maierhofer... From rookie of the year to garbage time player.
              I hope he'll be traded to Air21!
              Not only does God play dice, but sometimes he throws the dice where we can’t see them.

Comment

• Change coming? Petron coach Olsen Racela meets with San Miguel Corporation officials

Petron Blaze coach Olsen Racela met with San Miguel Corporation basketball officials on Tuesday amid rumors that a coaching change is in the offing for the Boosters.

Racela told InterAKTV about the meeting in a text message on Tuesday morning. “Don’t really know what the meeting is about. Pinatawag lang kami,” he said.

After the meeting, Racela refused further comment on the matter, instead referring queries to Robert Non, who heads the conglomerate’s basketball operations group.

“Boss Robert will come out with a statement,” said Racela.

Multiple calls and messages to Non went unanswered. Another SMC official, Noli Eala, also refused to comment on what transpired during the meeting.

“Please call Robert,” Eala said.

Racela took over the coaching chores of Petron before the start of the season after two years as an assistant to Ato Agustin. Before retiring, he spent 14 seasons as point guard for the franchise then known as the San Miguel Beermen.

Comment

• So it's confirmed: Gee Abanilla takes over head coaching responsibilities replacing Olsen Racela. Siot Tanquincen is now Petron's team manager vice Hector Calma. Jorge Gallent and Ato Agustin moves over to Ginebra to backstop Alfrancis Chua. While San Mig's Koy Banal is sent to Petron to assist Abanilla.

Wonder what will happen to Racela and Calma. Curiously, with Agustin and Gallent moving to Ginebra, who'll they replace? Allan Caidic?

Comment

• SMC puzzle complete as new Petron coach Abanilla joined by Austria, Siot, Banal

THE worst-kept secret in town is out.

The much-anticipated rigodon of coaches of San Miguel Corp.-owned teams is underway, with Gee Abanilla taking over from Olsen Racela as coach of Petron where he will be joined by a whole new team of assistant coaches and team manager.

Abanilla, who was replaced as La Salle coach last month, will have newly minted ABL champion coach Leo Austria of San Miguel and Koy Banal, formerly of San Mig Coffee, as assistants. The only holdover from Racela's staff will be former pro Biboy Ravanes.

Named Petron team manager is Siot Tanquingcen, who won championships as a coach of Ginebra and was also a former coach of the flagship franchise of the SMC group.

PBA great Hector Calma, who previously held the position, has been named the franchise's alternate board member - the same post to be held by current Ginebra manager Samboy Lim.

League chairman Robert Non is now Ginebra's team manager and representative to the board.

To complete the cast, former Indonesia Warriors coach Todd Purves is set to return to the country in two weeks time to take on a consultant role at Petron. He was in the country for four days last week and sources said he has already agreen terms with the SMC group.

Racela, who coached Petron for two conferences, has been moved to San Mig as one of Tim Cone's assistants.

Ginebra will also have two new faces in its coaching staff in former Petron champion coach Ato Agustin and George Gallent, formerly of San Mig. Gallent played for Ginebra head coach Al Chua during his days in the amateur leagues.

Spin.ph had earlier reported that University of the East coach Boycie Zamar and Alaska assistant coach Louie Alas have been offered assistant coaching positions at Barangay Ginebra.

Aside from Tanquingcen, Ginebra has also lost Juno Sauler and Allan Caidic who are now working full time at La Salle as coach and assistant, respectively.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay P. Mercado View Post
                      So it's confirmed: Gee Abanilla takes over head coaching responsibilities replacing Olsen Racela. Siot Tanquincen is now Petron's team manager vice Hector Calma. Jorge Gallent and Ato Agustin moves over to Ginebra to backstop Alfrancis Chua. While San Mig's Koy Banal is sent to Petron to assist Abanilla.

Wonder what will happen to Racela and Calma. Curiously, with Agustin and Gallent moving to Ginebra, who'll they replace? Allan Caidic?
                      Caidic & sauler who will be concentrating with lasalle...

Racela will go to smc to replace koy...

Comment

• I want Danny I in Barako Bull uniform with Danny S.

Comment

• So Lim and Calma were given "ceremonial" positions as alternate board members. Talk about getting "kicked upstairs." No authority, no say on the team, just mere representation in the Board. Worse, as alternates!

No one gets fired though - everyone was retained (as expected).

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay P. Mercado View Post
                            So Lim and Calma were given "ceremonial" positions as alternate board members. Talk about getting "kicked upstairs." No authority, no say on the team, just mere representation in the Board. Worse, as alternates!

No one gets fired though - everyone was retained (as expected).
                            I envy their jobs...doing nothing but still getting the same salary hehe

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Ticket View Post
                              I envy their jobs...doing nothing but still getting the same salary hehe
                              Guess that's the difference between the two (assuming they stay behind) and Jong Uichico.

Despite his closeness with ECJ, Uichico opted out, sick with all the changes in the SMC conglomerate. He's not a head coach at the MVP stable - but he seems more secured, happy and knows his value to the group.

Comment

• Originally posted by athangonzales View Post
                                I want Danny I in Barako Bull uniform with Danny S.
                                now that olsen is out of petron, that is plausible.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information