Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philippine PBA Trades, Releases, Sign-ups, Rumours (vol. III)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
    to kume: "the success of National Team is the success of PBA" after that 32 point nightmare loss to Korea? and a possible 5th place finish? good luck with gate attendance

Well I think the only thing that would satisfy the fans is to shut down the PBA up to 4 months a year,then I propose that all PBA players including the ones who are not on the NT shouldn't be paid as compensation for the owners.While the pros in the NT that includes the 24 man lineup gets paid.Sorry for the rest of the scrubs in the PBA reality sinks that you're not good enough to get paid period.

Comment

• lets just have a watered down pba 3rd conference a open one where the d lleague teams foreign teams can join
      To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
      1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
        to kume: "the success of National Team is the success of PBA" after that 32 point nightmare loss to Korea? and a possible 5th place finish? good luck with gate attendance
        Someone did mention here that this tournament wasn't part of the agreement between the sbp and pba. If true, then the pba did give way to the sbp which they shouldn't have to.

I personally don't agree with lending the PBA players here since it's a no bearing tournament and whatever chemistry the team was able to achieved they will most likely lose it since the more important games is two months away. Kinda like going back to scratch.

Comment

• Saw bal david , Johnny abbarientos, Kenneth duremdes, Allan Caidic, Noli Locsincsin, Marlou Aquino. The flash was supringsingly tall at 5'11. I am a legit 5'9.5 and he was taller than me. Johnny said he was a legit 5'8. Locsin is 6'2. Jerry Coldinerra is 6'6.

Comment

• Originally posted by regierr View Post
            Someone did mention here that this tournament wasn't part of the agreement between the sbp and pba. If true, then the pba did give way to the sbp which they shouldn't have to.

I personally don't agree with lending the PBA players here since it's a no bearing tournament and whatever chemistry the team was able to achieved they will most likely lose it since the more important games is two months away. Kinda like going back to scratch.
            yup.this wasnt part of the agreement.
            it shouldve been the cadets. but then scheduling with sea games happen.
            im still thankful pba allowed the vets for this tourney.

hope they have more time to practice exclusively for gilas in the neext important tournament.
            The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

That was the worst tbing thry can do why they panic if they lodt the japan game whats our record with japan at their home court?
              To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
              1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

I can't understand why the team would lose the chemistry that this team is suppose to gain in playing in this tournament. Paki explain nga bro, di ko ma gets eh.
                "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                  I can't understand why the team would lose the chemistry that this team is suppose to gain in playing in this tournament. Paki explain nga bro, di ko ma gets eh.
                  Sure bro

PBA players going back to their PBA teams and that wouldn't affect chemistry? Preparation was the issue so when is our NT going to start practicing again? How we can apply what we've learned in the Fiba Asia Cup when we can't practice much longer and sooner?

Last game of the eliminations is on the 24th of September. Playoffs could run until the 1st to 2nd week of October(?) so that's at least a month to prepare. Hopefully, that will be enough.

Will once a week practices be used by Chot composed of all the players he wants? Of course not but this probably will be cadets and maybe some PBA players will be able to attend.

Comment

Sure bro

PBA players going back to their PBA teams and that wouldn't affect chemistry? Preparation was the issue so when is our NT going to start practicing again? How we can apply what we've learned in the Fiba Asia Cup when we can't practice much longer and sooner?

Last game of the eliminations is on the 24th of September. Playoffs could run until the 1st to 2nd week of October(?) so that's at least a month to prepare. Hopefully, that will be enough.

Will once a week practices be used by Chot composed of all the players he wants? Of course not but this probably will be cadets and maybe some PBA players will be able to attend.
                    Cohesion/chemistry, familiarity with the coach system & familiarity with the FIBA game are gained though playing & practicing together. The more games/practices & the longer the time that players play together the better.

The thing is, Standhardinger have to jell with the "elite Gilas" members (Japeth, castro, Romeo, Norwood, Abueva, Fajardo) and vice-versa. The Gilas "elites" also need to jell more with the "cadets" - Jalalon, Wright, Pogoy & CBC after that SEABA campaign. The reason why the Gilas veterans -Japeth, castro, Romeo, Norwood, Abueva, Fajardo, have built-in cohesion is that these guys have already played in previous FIBA competitions, some as far back as 2012. So this FIBA Asia Cup was a good opportunity to develop cohesion/chemistry among the players in preparation for the more important home-and-away games which start this November.

Every international tournament that Gilas could join is an opportunity to further improve our team's cohesion or chemistry & further familiarize our players to the FIBA style of game. Simple as that.

Now, looking forward to the home-and-away games. I suggest the SBP holds a pocket tournament at around 2 weeks before the home-and-away games vs. Japan & taiwan.
                    Last edited by JAMSKIE; 08-21-2017, 01:20 AM.
                    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• ^
                      I do think we have to include in the core players to continually develop chemistry and cohesion- Troy, Kiefer and Parks . They have been representing us at the SEABA level for years, time to step up and intergrate them.
                      Throw in Standhardinger as a regular must (even if Blatche is always on standby)
                      NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                      https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• When you breakdown the pool of available players they come from 4 main groups.

1. Cadet PBA players- Cruz, Wright, Jio , Pogoy
                        2. Cadet players not in the PBA- Kiefer, Parks , Paras, Standharinger
                        3 PBA MVP team players- Troy, Castro, Amer
                        4. PBA players in none MVP teams
                        4A. Cooperative teams- Norwood, Romeo, Almazan
                        4B Non coomperative teams- Junmar, Japeth , Abueva

the 4B group is really a question mark for future availability - therefor in terms of "managing" resources to prepare togther as a team, it's quite clear- Abueva is high risk low returns , while Almazan is really a nice back-up insurance in case either Junmar or Japeth become unavaialbe for whatever reason.
                        NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                          When you breakdown the pool of available players they come from 4 main groups.

1. Cadet PBA players- Cruz, Wright, Jio , Pogoy
                          2. Cadet players not in the PBA- Kiefer, Parks , Paras, Standharinger
                          3 PBA MVP team players- Troy, Castro, Amer
                          4. PBA players in none MVP teams
                          4A. Cooperative teams- Norwood, Romeo, Almazan
                          4B Non coomperative teams- Junmar, Japeth , Abueva

the 4B group is really a question mark for future availability - therefor in terms of "managing" resources to prepare togther as a team, it's quite clear- Abueva is high risk low returns , while Almazan is really a nice back-up insurance in case either Junmar or Japeth become unavaialbe for whatever reason.
                          Come Home and Away, we should try some new players to see if they fit the international type of play. Fajardo and even Abueva has overdue their stay in Gilas for ysbto see that they dont fit internationally. For me Slaughter for Fajardo, Lassiter to take Fajardo from SMB as we need shooter and perimeter defender against Japann and Taiwan, Erram for Aguilar ,to accomodate the one per team with GSM( Slaughter for Aguilar) , Parks for Abueva and Amer and Ravena for Jalalon and Castro who has seem to regressed already and Rosario over CBC as Rosario brings more to the table far more than the 3s of CBC.

So the lineup would basically look like this:

C: Slaughter, Almazan
                          PF: Hermoso, Rosario, Erram
                          SF: Norwood , Parks
                          SG: Lassiter, Wright
                          PG: Romeo, Amer , Ravena

With Norwood and Parks, they can play the point forward and have Romeo as the shooting guard or ge can play with Ravena at backcourt for Choke Reyes smallball as Ravena is a good defender.

Comment

• hmm, so much for critisicing the "eveil empire" , now in talks with them, you will know when it happens..

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                              hmm, so much for critisicing the "eveil empire" , now in talks with them, you will know when it happens..
                              So your talking with the SMC devil empire? To what capacity as sort of player agent, as Consultant/ emissary of SBP or of New Zealand basketball hahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by sajubeads View Post

So the lineup would basically look like this:

C: Slaughter, Almazan
                                PF: Hermoso, Rosario, Erram
                                SF: Norwood , Parks
                                SG: Lassiter, Wright
                                PG: Romeo, Amer , Ravena
                                IMO Slaughter back in a Gilas jersey is not a sure thing. he seems to have the same "I've-done-my-part-now-let-me-make-my-money" attitude that Lassiter has.
                                But I agree with jettisoning Abueva until he gets out of the worst slump of his career so far.
                                “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
                                -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information