This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
    It's simple really. Ginebra is playing good but playing to their limits already. They need a perfect game to beat ROS, despite the struggles of the latter. ROS will win this one.
    it's simple really. ayaw mo lang talaga sa BGK! lol
    trans: you're not a drunkard. lol
    I'm back. Don't ask why. Just be glad.

Comment

• Originally posted by capitantiago View Post
      hahahahaha.. BULLS EYE! lolz

Which teams do you think will advance to the semi-finals?
      http://ginebratambayan.hooxs.com/

sigpic

Comment

Well, my hate for Ginebra goes way back-- when Bal David hit that halfcourt shot after a Mike Mustre 3 (my Ginebra fanatic friend since then has always reminded me of that shot)... But really, it's more on my trust of Rain of Shine this year. i really feel they can go all the way this conference.
        If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• ginebra is such a dangerous team in playoffs. with the pending activation of Rico Maierhofer and Maliksi they will be as deep as hell.
          the so called mismatches will be neutralize since KG can guard Norwood.

this will be a toe to toe match.
          the team that will win the rebound and the team with a better 3 point shooting will win this game.

Comment

Well, my hate for Ginebra goes way back-- when Bal David hit that halfcourt shot after a Mike Mustre 3 (my Ginebra fanatic friend since then has always reminded me of that shot)... But really, it's more on my trust of Rain of Shine this year. i really feel they can go all the way this conference.
            or it was Olsen. I think that was in 1996.

Comment

or it was Olsen. I think that was in 1996.
              i think it was bal david, gordon gin vs shell ?

Comment

• i am positive it's Bal David. It hurts until now eh. (Too bad i can't find the video on youtube or anywhere.)

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

It's simple really. Ginebra is playing good but playing to their limits already. They need a perfect game to beat ROS, despite the struggles of the latter. ROS will win this one.
                  Hard to say...Ginebra has always played beyond its limits and yet, continued to surprise pundits. Key reason: intangibles. It's the only team in the PBA that has a deep reservoir of grit, attitude and never-say-die attitude boosted no less by a boisterous group of fans that propels them to achieve this. I can't recall a championship that Ginebra won that wasn't won with these intangibles. Perhaps, the 2004-05 team would come closest to winning their back-to-back titles owing to "talent" and performance with a healthy and hale Eric Menk, a rising pair in Caguioa and Helterbrand and a support made up of Romel Adducul, Sunday Salvacion, Rodney Santos, Bal David, among many others.

ROS, on the other hand, is definitely a better team with enough swagger to beat the Kings. I'm not counting them out, except that if they can't get the crowd out of the way, it would extremely be difficult for this young group of players. I expect them to be taking ill-advised shots when they get rattled - guys like Beau Belga, JR Quinahan, Ronjay Buenafe, Jeff Chan, among others, may be Yeng Guiao's key players but they can also be the most erratic when not focused. Blame it on their youth, lack of experience or simply the Ginebra factor. However, if they're able to build a good lead at the start, hold on to this all throughout, then they'll be confident and can win the game. What they don't want to happen is to fall behind and rely on their ability to put up points in a jiff to catch up. It simply won't work against a Ginebra team.

Comment

• Originally posted by tado24 View Post
                    i think it was bal david, gordon gin vs shell ?
                    gin vs san miguel sir

Comment

• Originally posted by GoPilipinas View Post
                      gin vs san miguel sir
                      that's what i meant. lol
                      olsen and the beermen thought they had it when he made that 3. but bal had another thing in mind.

Comment

• Great write-up by FQ at AKTV. Basically his playoff preview:

On Petron:

THE FAVORITES:3. Petron Blaze Boosters
                        The erstwhile San Miguel franchise has been so good for so long — only once in the past eight conferences did the team finish out of the top four — that it’s easy to forget how much they’ve been overachieving. Everyone expected Jay Washington and Rabeh Al-Hussaini to miss a significant chunk of this season’s campaign, but the Petron Blaze Boosters had heavy casualties that they weren’t expecting, such as the loss of Dondon Hontiveros and the nagging injuries of Chris Lutz.

And yet, they’ve kept on ticking. Ato Agustin and his crew — the biggest coaching staff in the league has almost as many assistants as healthy players on the bench — deserves a lot of credit for doing a bang-up job. But it’s been the superstar play of Arwind Santos and Alex Cabagnot, with important contributions from their supporting cast, that has carried Petron this far.

Which makes one wonder if the Boosters aren’t in a Wile E. Coyote situation, when they suddenly realize that they’ve been walking on air all this time, and end up falling on the ground. Santos and Cabagnot have been stellar; for my money, they are the best players in the PBA at their positions. But how long could they keep it up?
                        On ROS:

THE DARKHORSES
                        5. Rain or Shine Elasto Painters

It’s almost a shame that Rain or Shine has to play Barangay Ginebra in the quarterfinals; these are, after all, the two most entertaining teams to watch in the PBA, and it’s a shame that one of them only has three games left in the tournament.

Much has been made this conference of all the attention on Paul Lee. In a famous Twitter post, Meralco guard Sol Mercado openly questioned all the hype surrounding Lee, saying that there were many other players on Rain or Shine who deserve similar acclaim.

Except that Mercado is wrong; the hype for the No. 2 overall pick is deserved, because while other players make Rain or Shine good, Paul Lee makes Rain or Shine special. Everyone knew about his scoring prowess from his amateur days, but Lee has surprised everyone, even his own coach, with his leadership, court vision, and instincts. Yeng Guiao, who has never been known to gush about his players, has spent most of the conference gushing about how “special” Lee is. For people who’ve been watching closely, they’d see just how the rookie has made the team his, on and off the court. He’s the one who barks the orders and acts as the alpha dog on the team, and all of his teammates have followed suit.

Twice this conference, Guiao put the ball in Lee’s hands in the dying seconds of the ballgame: against Powerade on October 9 and against B-MEG on November 25. On both occasions, Lee missed the shot, but I don’t think Guiao minded one bit; even though the rookie guard missed then, having experienced the pressure would only increase the likelihood of Lee making those shots down the road.

Will Lee have gotten better enough to make those shots against Ginebra in the quarterfinals? It should be entertaining to find out.
                        More here: http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv...ayoffs-preview

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• snow badua
                          RAIN OR SHINE TEAM OWNER RAYMOND YU: Iba ang marketing value sa product
                          mo kapag GINEBRA ang kalaban mo sa regular o playoffs game.
                          http://ginebratambayan.hooxs.com/

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by MR. FAST View Post
                            snow badua
                            RAIN OR SHINE TEAM OWNER RAYMOND YU: Iba ang marketing value sa product
                            mo kapag GINEBRA ang kalaban mo sa regular o playoffs game.
                            And mas iba (for the better) kung tatalunin mo Ginebra

GO ROS!

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

And mas iba (for the better) kung tatalunin mo Ginebra

GO ROS!
                              magkano na naman ang pusta mo? trans: did you bet your pwet? lol

Comment

magkano na naman ang pusta mo? trans: did you bet your pwet? lol
                                Wala pa Friday pa yun eh. Going big on Barako though

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information