Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: BULACAN - Philippine Arena (50,000) - World's Largest Domed Arena

since we're on ibn let's not talk religion, let's talk sports
    "People may be right in their own eyes, but the Lord examines their heart....."(Proverbs 21:2).

GILAS 2 MEN'S NATIONAL BASKETBALL TEAM: ONWARD TO REDEEMING ASIAN BASKETBALL SUPREMACY

Quote Originally Posted by ARMIR View Post
    ...so its not considered the worlds largest multi sport arena like the covered Georgia Dome
    Is it hard to accept if the Philippine's could create the World's Largest Domed-Arena? And just so you know, the Geogia Dome is considered a "Domed-Stadium"...which is also quite different from a "Domed-Arena"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Dome

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...as_by_capacity

Just so we're all in the same page when it comes to discussing "largest indoor arenas". Take a look at the "Arenas under construction" section..guess who's #1

Oh and the same architectural firm POPULOUS, will be creating the Philippine Arena. If you click on the link, you'll notice that they were also the ones responsible for creating the other indoor arenas listed.

Quote Originally Posted by jerby View Post
    Amazing, this is a country that has really forgotten to believe in what it can do. This is our tragic story, a country blessed in natural resources and prized global workers always doubting anything good that it can do.

Chris Tiu says, I will choose the NT, and crabs, instead of rallying on something inspiring say, "well he is rich that is why he is snobbing the PBA".

Japeth Aguilar chose the NT, and others, basing their assumption on some paparazzi type/kuryente prone blogs say, "well it's because he is getting more money in the NT".

Something monumental like the world's biggest arena in the Philippines is unveiled and the crabs say, "well it's INC so it will be used for religious purposes (so f..ing what?!) and doubting its supposed cost and insinuating that it is substandard."

What gives?

The reason why this country is not moving forward is because most Filipinos do not believe that it can actually be one of the world's best. It is the cancer that's been eating us.
    Pre hinay la, it im kasing kasing bangin bumuto ... Trans: relax bro.

Quote Originally Posted by bright.lights View Post
    Is it hard to accept if the Philippine's could create the World's Largest Domed-Arena? And just so you know, the Geogia Dome is considered a "Domed-Stadium"...which is also quite different from a "Domed-Arena"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Dome
    yea but the Philippine Dome will not be use as a sports arena its for a religious purpose and no one not even the President can tell the INC to do so.
    btw the Georgia Dome is considered a dome stadium/arena they held basketball,concerts,wrestling,soccer even a rodeo event,lots of football stadium in the US cant do that.

yea but the Philippine Dome will not be use as a sports arena its for a religious purpose and no one not even the President can tell the INC to do so.
    Watch the video posted on youtube about the Arena, even the architectural firm "POPULOUS" expressed that the arena will be used for various events and will not be limited to "religious" purposes.

...btw the Georgia Dome is considered a dome stadium/arena they held basketball,concerts,wrestling,soccer even a rodeo event,lots of football stadium in the US cant do that.
    I respectfully disagree. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Dome..
    "The Georgia Dome is a domed stadium located in Atlanta, Georgia, United States..."

Don't be too negative AMIR , it shows on your posts

Quote Originally Posted by geo View Post
    Pre hinay la, it im kasing kasing bangin bumuto ... Trans: relax bro.
    Nya ha ha ha, gidaw kay adi pan usa nga waray! Napakalas ka man!

trans= Surprised to know another Waray here! You startled me on a forum!!!

Thumbs up jobs for Filipinos

i think more than 5000 jobs will be available for at least 2.5 years from this project... kudos to the INC leaders and member...

Cool be proud and positive pinoys!

the iglesia ni cristo centennial project is something that all Filipino should be proud of.. it shouldn't matter if the dome will subsequently be use for recreational purposes.. the fact is the dome will serve as a living testament of how great Filipinos are..

Dare to ask why?

imagine a minority religious group which starts from scratch in 1914

managing to penetrate and establish thousands of churches here in RP and 98 other countries and territories..

this minority religious group has no debt or loan to speak of and is now building great churches around the globe and now the biggest arena in the world funded solely by INC members "handog" ang "abuloy"..

did you ever imagine that the person who established this church in 1914 is a simple man, not born of riches?

did you ever ask why what's in this church that it was able to grow in multitudes and achieved its glorious status?

it takes a lot to make people as organized, disciplined and committed as that of the majority of INC members..

it takes a lot more for leaders to be honest and incorruptible when face with great powers and huge wealth.

INC leaders are living testament of honesty. Their churches are evidence of money well kept and well spent.

I believe Filipino people will greatly benefit if our political leaders run our country like how INC leaders run their flocks. Future political leaders must consider taking leadership training under the INC executive ministers.

when we see something good let us set aside the "carab mentality". let us just be thankful that a 3rd world country like ours can still built outstanding structures comparable and even greater to that of the G8 countries.

have we seen even just one INC chapel crumbling from an earthquake? there is none i guess.. i am almost sure that the structures to be build under the roof of INC's ciudad de victoria here in bocaue are world class..

bocauenos will greatly benefit from this INC project in terms of potential jobs, social services and tourism.[/QUOTE]

Yes it's big, however it's too far for those who are living in the south.
    #parasabayan
    #GoGilas

Update: Construction is in full swing.. sorry about the pic.. i took it inside my car ..

172.jpg
    DO or DO NOT there is no TRY... yoda

Cool

This could be the future venue of competitions in the National Athletic Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities (NAASCU) maybe as early as the 14th season in academic year 2014-2015.

Please join the official NAASCU Facebook connection!

Quote Originally Posted by Servinio View Post
    This could be the future venue of competitions in the National Athletic Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities (NAASCU) maybe as early as the 14th season in academic year 2014-2015.

Please join the official NAASCU Facebook connection!
    last thing i heard it will not be like the usual arena. It will be more of a super big auditorium/stage/theater.
    like this:
    wnba center stage parang sa iglesia arena.jpg
    stage play..

I also saw some road construction connecting the land to the NLEX(maybe thats why the tollgates were adjusted).
    And i was wrong about it being near my place. it isnt that near. however the condominium is. And construction is really loud especially at midnight!
    Its like a giant jackhammer sound! dug dug dug dug dug x infinity!

Quote Originally Posted by weward View Post
    I also saw some road construction connecting the land to the NLEX(maybe thats why the tollgates were adjusted).
    And i was wrong about it being near my place. it isnt that near. however the condominium is. And construction is really loud especially at midnight!
    Its like a giant jackhammer sound! dug dug dug dug dug x infinity!
    i guess you live in Sta maria? once completed i predict traffic jams of biblical proportions in the NLEX exit.
    DO or DO NOT there is no TRY... yoda

wow. is there like a contest with these religious groups on building arenas. i heard there is also a construction of an arena in the cavite area for the 4th watch pentecostal church. and of course the KJC king dome of Quiboloy in davao. i wont be surprised if villanueva, velarde, soriano etc. would be constructing their own soon. haha
    POLITICS: Old men talk while young men are dying...

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    wow. is there like a contest with these religious groups on building arenas. i heard there is also a construction of an arena in the cavite area for the 4th watch pentecostal church. and of course the KJC king dome of Quiboloy in davao. i wont be surprised if villanueva, velarde, soriano etc. would be constructing their own soon. haha
    Bro. Mike already has his "temple" in Paranaque. It's near the Airport.
    Let's give credit where credit is due. If the Philippine Arena is indeed an Arena similar to O2 Arena or other European stadia, then we would have one more world-class sporting venue to support future sport event hosting bids (2026 Manila Asiad, anyone???). Also the INC has their "Unity Games", and the Grand Evangelical Missions, plus other shows of strength where they demonstrate to the world how large they have become. Philippine Arena is one of these "shows of strength". Kudos to INC for investing in an arena though. It's good for them and for the country in general, and for Bulacan in particular.
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed it's the only thing that ever has..."
    -Margaret Mead

is this finished?

There was an accident in the area, they said it was last night. Just saw a GMA7 van pass by our street. Dont know exactly what happened. 6-7 people were reportedly hurt, dunno if someone died. But some says one is going to have his leg/s amputated.

Quote Originally Posted by weward View Post
    There was an accident in the area, they said it was last night. Just saw a GMA7 van pass by our street. Dont know exactly what happened. 6-7 people were reportedly hurt, dunno if someone died. But some says one is going to have his leg/s amputated.
    http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story...ilippine-arena

hope the families will be compensated well and no more accidents/mishaps in this construction.
    Please visit -->THE IGNORED GENIUS

Quiloboy's Christian sect builds their own 50k arena down south.
    287956_10151206387518767_325945065_o.jpg

http://www.pia.gov.ph/news/index.php...=1541368087728

World-class arena to rise in Davao City by 2015

DAVAO CITY, May 10 -- A world-class, multi-purpose arena currently under construction in Davao City is expected to be completed by 2015.

According to Pastor Apollo Quiboloy of the Kingdom of Jesus Christ the Name Above Every Name, the center dubbed the King Dome will be the country’s largest dome and can seat about 52,000 people. The five-hectare site is located in the 23-hectare Kingdom of Jesus Christ compound beside the Davao International Airport.

Pastor Quiboloy said that the dome-shaped facility was originally intended for the church’s activities but on special arrangements can also be used to host events such as concerts and basketball games.

“It will have a FIBA (International Basketball Federation) standard basketball court,” said the Pastor who added that the entire budget for the King Dome is estimated to run P3-billion.

If completed it will be the second FIBA standard basketball court in the City next to the 8,000-seater University of Southeastern Philippine (USEP) gymnasium. By its size alone it can more than adequately host PBA (Philippine Basketball Association) or even NBA (National Basketball Association) games since it will be bigger than Araneta Coliseum and the Mall Of Asia Arena, both facilities has a capacity of 20,000 people.

Groundbreaking of the King Dome began in 2012 and was originally intended as a worship cathedral to fit a growing throng of the Kingdom’s followers as the existing facilities can no longer accommodate increasingly larger gatherings.

The Kingdom of Jesus Christ with its full members and covenant partners is estimated to number 6-million people worldwide.

According to the Pastor, the King Dome will feature the latest audio-video projection systems and high-definition video production equipment which can project the Kingdom’s worship and thanksgiving activities over its two spill-over plazas, the 2-hectare front plaza and the 3-hectare rear plaza for crowds which can no longer be accommodated in the dome. Sophisticated in-house broadcast facilities can also beam activities inside the dome throughout the world.

Another hallmark of the dome according to the Pastor is its water-cooled airconditioning system which consumes 30% lesser energy compared to conventional types.

The construction is estimated to run for two years and is expected to be completed by 2015 in time for the Kingdom’s 30th anniversary.

The King Dome is expected to fortify Davao City’s niche as a top MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibits) destination in the country, aside from the King Dome, the City presently has the USEP gym and the SMX center in SM Lanang to host large conventions, gatherings, concerts and sporting events. (PIA/RG Alama)
    you know why I am happy

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast