No announcement yet.

BULACAN - Philippine Arena (50,000) - World's Largest Domed Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update: Construction is in full swing.. sorry about the pic.. i took it inside my car ..

172.jpg
    DO or DO NOT there is no TRY... yoda

Comment

This could be the future venue of competitions in the National Athletic Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities (NAASCU) maybe as early as the 14th season in academic year 2014-2015.

Please join the official NAASCU Facebook connection!
      Servinio's FACEBOOK Fan Club
      Servinio's Blog of Sports
      Servinio's Official YouTube channel
      Servinio's Official TWITTER account
      Servinio's Official Instagram account

Comment

Originally posted by Servinio View Post
        This could be the future venue of competitions in the National Athletic Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities (NAASCU) maybe as early as the 14th season in academic year 2014-2015.

Please join the official NAASCU Facebook connection!
        last thing i heard it will not be like the usual arena. It will be more of a super big auditorium/stage/theater.
        like this:
        wnba center stage parang sa iglesia arena.jpg
        stage play..

I also saw some road construction connecting the land to the NLEX(maybe thats why the tollgates were adjusted).
        And i was wrong about it being near my place. it isnt that near. however the condominium is. And construction is really loud especially at midnight!
        Its like a giant jackhammer sound! dug dug dug dug dug x infinity!

Comment

Originally posted by weward View Post
          I also saw some road construction connecting the land to the NLEX(maybe thats why the tollgates were adjusted).
          And i was wrong about it being near my place. it isnt that near. however the condominium is. And construction is really loud especially at midnight!
          Its like a giant jackhammer sound! dug dug dug dug dug x infinity!
          i guess you live in Sta maria? once completed i predict traffic jams of biblical proportions in the NLEX exit.
          DO or DO NOT there is no TRY... yoda

Comment

wow. is there like a contest with these religious groups on building arenas. i heard there is also a construction of an arena in the cavite area for the 4th watch pentecostal church. and of course the KJC king dome of Quiboloy in davao. i wont be surprised if villanueva, velarde, soriano etc. would be constructing their own soon. haha
            POLITICS: Old men talk while young men are dying...

Comment

Originally posted by sharky View Post
              wow. is there like a contest with these religious groups on building arenas. i heard there is also a construction of an arena in the cavite area for the 4th watch pentecostal church. and of course the KJC king dome of Quiboloy in davao. i wont be surprised if villanueva, velarde, soriano etc. would be constructing their own soon. haha
              Bro. Mike already has his "temple" in Paranaque. It's near the Airport.
              Let's give credit where credit is due. If the Philippine Arena is indeed an Arena similar to O2 Arena or other European stadia, then we would have one more world-class sporting venue to support future sport event hosting bids (2026 Manila Asiad, anyone???). Also the INC has their "Unity Games", and the Grand Evangelical Missions, plus other shows of strength where they demonstrate to the world how large they have become. Philippine Arena is one of these "shows of strength". Kudos to INC for investing in an arena though. It's good for them and for the country in general, and for Bulacan in particular.
              “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
              -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

is this finished?

Comment

There was an accident in the area, they said it was last night. Just saw a GMA7 van pass by our street. Dont know exactly what happened. 6-7 people were reportedly hurt, dunno if someone died. But some says one is going to have his leg/s amputated.

Comment

Originally posted by weward View Post
                    There was an accident in the area, they said it was last night. Just saw a GMA7 van pass by our street. Dont know exactly what happened. 6-7 people were reportedly hurt, dunno if someone died. But some says one is going to have his leg/s amputated.

hope the families will be compensated well and no more accidents/mishaps in this construction.
                    Please visit -->THE IGNORED GENIUS

Comment

• Quiloboy's Christian sect builds their own 50k arena down south.
                      287956_10151206387518767_325945065_o.jpg

http://www.pia.gov.ph/news/index.php...=1541368087728

World-class arena to rise in Davao City by 2015

DAVAO CITY, May 10 -- A world-class, multi-purpose arena currently under construction in Davao City is expected to be completed by 2015.

According to Pastor Apollo Quiboloy of the Kingdom of Jesus Christ the Name Above Every Name, the center dubbed the King Dome will be the country’s largest dome and can seat about 52,000 people. The five-hectare site is located in the 23-hectare Kingdom of Jesus Christ compound beside the Davao International Airport.

Pastor Quiboloy said that the dome-shaped facility was originally intended for the church’s activities but on special arrangements can also be used to host events such as concerts and basketball games.

“It will have a FIBA (International Basketball Federation) standard basketball court,” said the Pastor who added that the entire budget for the King Dome is estimated to run P3-billion.

If completed it will be the second FIBA standard basketball court in the City next to the 8,000-seater University of Southeastern Philippine (USEP) gymnasium. By its size alone it can more than adequately host PBA (Philippine Basketball Association) or even NBA (National Basketball Association) games since it will be bigger than Araneta Coliseum and the Mall Of Asia Arena, both facilities has a capacity of 20,000 people.

Groundbreaking of the King Dome began in 2012 and was originally intended as a worship cathedral to fit a growing throng of the Kingdom’s followers as the existing facilities can no longer accommodate increasingly larger gatherings.

The Kingdom of Jesus Christ with its full members and covenant partners is estimated to number 6-million people worldwide.

According to the Pastor, the King Dome will feature the latest audio-video projection systems and high-definition video production equipment which can project the Kingdom’s worship and thanksgiving activities over its two spill-over plazas, the 2-hectare front plaza and the 3-hectare rear plaza for crowds which can no longer be accommodated in the dome. Sophisticated in-house broadcast facilities can also beam activities inside the dome throughout the world.

Another hallmark of the dome according to the Pastor is its water-cooled airconditioning system which consumes 30% lesser energy compared to conventional types.

The construction is estimated to run for two years and is expected to be completed by 2015 in time for the Kingdom’s 30th anniversary.

The King Dome is expected to fortify Davao City’s niche as a top MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibits) destination in the country, aside from the King Dome, the City presently has the USEP gym and the SMX center in SM Lanang to host large conventions, gatherings, concerts and sporting events. (PIA/RG Alama)
                      you know why I am happy

Comment

• Originally posted by geo View Post
                        Pre hinay la, it im kasing kasing bangin bumuto ... Trans: relax bro.
                        waray waray ka gihap hehehe? peace everyone
                        "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by weward View Post
                            I don't think it can be used for basketball events due to the stage design and the audience's seating..

Comment

• Originally posted by testmic View Post
                              I don't think it can be used for basketball events due to the stage design and the audience's seating..
                              The Philippines are slowly regaining the spotlight that once belonged to them: kings of Asian basketball. With the dynamic PBA and scouting and improvement programs, the National Team is reviving past success. Talk RP Basketball in our Philippines/PBA forum!
                              Darling it's better
                              Down where it's wetter
                              Take it from me.

- Sebastian, The Little Mermaid

Comment

• did not see anything about the dome hosting a BASKETBALL game. the design is a theater stage. can that stage be replaced by a basketball court if needed? then the audience can only watch from one side of the court.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information