Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BULACAN - Philippine Arena (50,000) - World's Largest Domed Arena

Default BULACAN - Philippine Arena (50,000) - World's Largest Domed Arena

Hanwha E&C to build world’s largest domed arena near Manila
    Korean builder strives to become one of the world’s 100 largest construction firms

Hanwha Engineering and Construction Corp. began work on the world’s largest domed arena in the Philippines on Thursday.

The work for the $175 million contract, signed on Aug. 4, got underway in a ceremony attended by Hanwha E&C officials including vice chairman Kim Hyun-chung and those from the Filipino Christian organization Iglesia Ni Cristo that issued the contract.

The facility located near Manila, named the Philippine Arena, will be fitted with 50,000 seats and its domed roof will be nearly 36,000 square meters, making it the world’s largest domed arena, the company said.

Hanwha E&C said that the work will be carried out over 30 months to be finished early 2014.

“By winning this contract for building the world’s largest dome arena, the company was able to prove its technological capabilities and the ability to carry out overseas projects,” Kim said in a statement. The company said that in the biddings for the contract, it competed with China’s Jiangsu International and the Philippines’ largest construction company EEI Corp. The project will be conducted in design-build process in which the contractor is responsible for all related processes from designing to building the facility, the company said.

“As the bridgehead for the Southeast Asian market, the project is expected to bring opportunities for more civil engineering and construction projects in the region.”

The project opens a new market for Hanwha E&C, which has focused mostly on the Middle Eastern markets, as it drives to become one of the world’s 100 largest construction companies.

Earlier this year Hanwha Engineering and Construction announced plans to become one of the world’s top 100 builders by 2015 with an annual sales figure of 5 trillion won ($4.65 billion), and win contracts worth 7 trillion won in that year.

The plans also revealed that the company will diversify its overseas portfolio to include civil engineering projects, and to expand into solar power and other renewable energy businesses.

Also as part of the plans, the company hopes to expand its overseas generated income by more than 20 percent each year with the aim of raising 40 percent of its annual revenues from overseas sources by 2015.

In the Middle East, Hanwha E&C has made significant headway this year, winning a series of contracts including an urban development project in Iraq.

The contract, issued by Iraq’s National Investment Commission, is valued at $7.25 billion, making it the largest overseas construction project to be won by a Korean construction firm.

Under the contract, Hanwha Engineering and Construction will build a planned town at a location 25 kilometers east of central Baghdad. The town will be built over an area of 1,830 hectares and contain 100,000 new homes, the company said.

By Choi He-suk (cheesuk@heraldm.com)

pictures of the arena + a planned football stadium

Quote Originally Posted by deathmate
    look at this people!!!

And... our dream stadium is turning into reality!!!! whewwww!!

proud to be kapatid!!!!

will this be accessible via NorthRail/MRT?

Quote Originally Posted by diz View Post
    pictures of the arena + a planned football stadium
    WOW.. world cup hosting and World basketball championships here we come
    See You In #SPAIN2014

See you In #DUBAI2014

Where is the specific location

Anyway, super like

bocaue bulacan...

Wow . . .

this arena will be used for religious activity right?
    you know why I am happy

Olympics pwede na siguro tayo mag host? hehe or world athletics championships, football matches.
    See You In #SPAIN2014

See you In #DUBAI2014

Quote Originally Posted by b3lowzro View Post
    this arena will be used for religious activity right?
    yes. most of the time. there's also the ang dating daan coliseum in guagua pampanga. we can hold gymnastics and athletics there lol

Quote Originally Posted by elisher View Post
    bocaue bulacan...
    where in Bocaue?
    the big fields near St. Paul College of Bocaue?

or near NLEX near Sta. Maria,Bocaue and Marilao boundary?
    There was this group kasi that insisted of buying a large portion of land in Bocaue/Marilao/Sta.Maria boundary(near NLEX) and they pursued us on buying our land there that was full of memories of my late lolo and my kite-playing days...tanaw un tollgate dun..
    It was rumored that there was this group that was planning to develop the land and the rumor was it will be a theme park...but it didnt happen...And upto now there is nothing on the area..i wonder if its the same group?

seemed like most of the activities here will be for the religious ones most of the time since Iglesia Ni Cristo is part of the deal.

is this really worth only $175million? Pepsi Center in Denver already cost $160million (in 1999), and can only sit 20,000 for basketball. i hope that this arena won't be constructed using sub standard materials.

Quote Originally Posted by duphaR007 View Post
    seemed like most of the activities here will be for the religious ones most of the time since Iglesia Ni Cristo is part of the deal.

is this really worth only $175million? Pepsi Center in Denver already cost $160million (in 1999), and can only sit 20,000 for basketball. i hope that this arena won't be constructed using sub standard materials.
    hehe maybe it'll be just metal frames as the structure
    plus metal frames for the bleachers and it'll be padded by wood planks as seats
    and it will be open air and will require people to bring their own abanicos..

crabs...

Quote Originally Posted by nashill View Post
    crabs...

Default CRABS Inc.

Amazing, this is a country that has really forgotten to believe in what it can do. This is our tragic story, a country blessed in natural resources and prized global workers always doubting anything good that it can do.

Chris Tiu says, I will choose the NT, and crabs, instead of rallying on something inspiring say, "well he is rich that is why he is snobbing the PBA".

Japeth Aguilar chose the NT, and others, basing their assumption on some paparazzi type/kuryente prone blogs say, "well it's because he is getting more money in the NT".

Something monumental like the world's biggest arena in the Philippines is unveiled and the crabs say, "well it's INC so it will be used for religious purposes (so f..ing what?!) and doubting its supposed cost and insinuating that it is substandard."

What gives?

The reason why this country is not moving forward is because most Filipinos do not believe that it can actually be one of the world's best. It is the cancer that's been eating us.

Either that or this is New Era University's answer to NU's SM arena.

Quote Originally Posted by jerby View Post
    Amazing, this is a country that has really forgotten to believe in what it can do. This is our tragic story, a country blessed in natural resources and prized global workers always doubting anything good that it can do.

Chris Tiu says, I will choose the NT, and crabs, instead of rallying on something inspiring say, "well he is rich that is why he is snobbing the PBA".

Japeth Aguilar chose the NT, and others, basing their assumption on some paparazzi type/kuryente prone blogs say, "well it's because he is getting more money in the NT".

Something monumental like the world's biggest arena in the Philippines is unveiled and the crabs say, "well it's INC so it will be used for religious purposes (so f..ing what?!) and doubting its supposed cost and insinuating that it is substandard."

What gives?

The reason why this country is not moving forward is because most Filipinos do not believe that it can actually be one of the world's best. It is the cancer that's been eating us.
    Agree!
    "People may be right in their own eyes, but the Lord examines their heart....."(Proverbs 21:2).

GILAS 2 MEN'S NATIONAL BASKETBALL TEAM: ONWARD TO REDEEMING ASIAN BASKETBALL SUPREMACY

dude with all due respect i don't think the cost of a bag of cement here in the US and labor is the same in the PH.. withstanding the inflation since 1999 i dont think its still fair to compare..

Quote Originally Posted by c_d View Post
    Either that or this is New Era University's answer to NU's SM arena.
    it's primarily for a religious purpose.

the arena and the stadium will definitely be used to celebrate the INC's 100th founding anniversary on July 27, 2014.

with millions of followers, this religious corporation needs a new venue that is big enough to accommodate the devout ones who will attend. for sure, the central inc grounds in diliman will be too small for such a historic event.

thereafter, it’s obvious the INC wants these venues to become the philippines’ main sports arenas, subject of course to the INC religious calendar.

hmm... someone's ranting lol. in fairness,i think everyone here is very happy for our inc bros. i mean, why shouldnt we be? their leaders have vision which is a very admirable trait.

Having said that, i would like to give my honest opinion. the thought of using these venues as the philippines' primary sports arenas scares the bejesus out of me. we all say that politics and religion dont mix. i will even go as far as saying that sports and religion dont mix too.

WTF!? banal na hapunan on thursday then, say, PBA semis on friday!? I don’t know about you, guys, but as a sports fan, I am a bit turned off lol. Of course, we can hold some matches there but to make them as our main sporting arena?! Let’s give ourselves a break. Hell, Let’s give our INC brothers a break!

it's documented that inc members are unlike catholic churchgoers when it comes to worshipping their god. These inc guys, they really pour their hearts out. They sing, they cry, they empty themselves out in supplication. I bet those venues will be as symbolic to them as the stonehenges were to the druids. If so, why would we want to hold “worldly” activities there such as pba or football games when we all know that these activities are best enjoyed with cursing and by cursing i mean cursing a lot? cursing the lights out of the stadium. Imagine coach reyes trying to behave himself because he comes to realize that he is inside INC grounds pala. That’s lame. I don’t want my basketball like that. Yeah.that’s a good point. But that is just the minor impasse.

The main concern is the Philippines not aspiring for secularism. It seems that government is encouraging these religious organizations to play a vital role in national development. They should not. Their business is their flock, not nation-building.

Government must be free from the influence of any religious organization or sect. how sure are we that inc leaders will not try to influence government like what some catholic bishops are doing right now once these ventures are in order? Let's face reality. because of their religious stance, inc leaders have made many enemies. i'd rather my government to stay out of such affairs and be impartial.

let's commend the INC leadership for these worthwhile twin projects. but when it comes to sports concerns, i will put my trust in the hands of the private sectors for the time being.
    Last edited by alien space bats; 08-20-2011 at 08:10 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast