Highest Paid Pro Club Basketball Players In Europe: 2011-12 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kwijibo View Post
    Erm... Okay i think that u don't study economy...
    You can be sure I don't. But the fact is Maccabi is one of the lowest spenders, even if you add the taxes that could be if Maccabi was in a different country, this "imaginary budget" would still be very low compared to other top teams in Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by milos View Post
      is it only me, or there are no maccabi players in this list?..........
      ***Insert a Jew joke here***

Comment

Originally posted by Kwijibo View Post
        There are lot of mistakes in players of Spanish clubs. Navarro earns 2'5 not 3, boni earns 1'250 now not 1. Lampe earns a lot more 1'5 at least, San M earns more than 1 m. If rudy play for madrid (not official yet) he will earn 3 million. Eidson earns 1'4 million dollars. Huertas earns 1'4m
        This is the salary for the 2011-12 season, not the average of the contract. Navarro makes €2.5 million for the average of his contract, but €3 million for next season.

€1.5, €2.5, €2.5, €3.0, €3.0 - that is Navarro's contract, so that means he will make 3.0 million next season. Although, there is a bit of a discrepancy, as to whether or not that is gross or net.

It seems like it is gross, but that Barca goes ahead and pays his taxes for him as a courtesy, but that they don't have to as his contract is. So at anytime his salary could drop to €1.8

You are right about N'Dong and Lampe. I listed them wrong. I was writing so many names I just missed those. I actually lost D. Lavrinovic's listing too in the wrong place and amount and noticed it. I just did not notice those too.

Sam Emeterio will earn €1 million euros net next season, which is what this is a ranking of. After next season, he will earn €1.5 million net per season for the next 4 years. So he will be earning €1.5 per season after this season, but just €1.0 for next year.

Huertas will earn €1.8 next year. €1.8, €1.9, €1.9 is his contract.

Eidson's contract is listed as €1.4 million euros. Perhaps that is an error and it is really $1.4 million dollars, but the fact is that it is listed as €1.4 million euros. But it could be either way.

Rudy's deal with Real Madrid for €3 million per season is said to be brutto, not netto. If it is brutto, then that means it would be €1.8 net per season. So that is why I listed it that way.

If it turns out to be €3 million netto, then I will change it. But so far it is being reported as €3 million brutto, which means it would be €1.8 per season net.

Which incidentally, would make him equal to Navarro as the highest contract in ACB, at €1.8 net. Because Navarro's actual contract is in the €3 million gross, and the club does not have to pay his taxes as the contract is. But they do it as a courtesy, but could stop if they want to.

So maybe, Rudy's contract is the same. €3.0 gross (€1.8 net) and the club does not have to pay the taxes, but will do as a courtesy....with the ability to stop if they wanted. If it is, then I would change it to €3 net once he signed.

Or maybe, it is indeed €1.8 net (€3 gross) as the earlier reports indicate.

I have re double checked through the list for errors and I do not find any.

Someone mentioned Maccabi......

Sofoklis Schortsanitis - €450,000 euros net income

Jannero Pargo - €625,000 euros net income

Devin Smith - €275,000 euros net income

Jon Scheyer - €210,000 euros net income

Theo Papaloukas - €550,000 euros net income

Jordan Farmar - €700,000 euros net income

etc., etc. Eliyahu, Blue, Macvan, whomever. They do not have such huge salaries as a lot of the other clubs. But still, those are high salaries.

In Zalgiris, the signings from the NBA, Sonny Weems and Ty Lawson are both at €830,000 euros net income.

Nicolas Batum signed with SLUC Nancy for €180,000 euros net income.

Comment

Originally posted by FIBA Europe Basket View Post
          This is the salary for the 2011-12 season, not the average of the contract. Navarro makes €2.5 million for the average of his contract, but €3 million for next season.

€1.5, €2.5, €2.5, €3.0, €3.0 - that is Navarro's contract, so that means he will make 3.0 million next season. Although, there is a bit of a discrepancy, as to whether or not that is gross or net.

It seems like it is gross, but that Barca goes ahead and pays his taxes for him as a courtesy, but that they don't have to as his contract is. So at anytime his salary could drop to €1.8

You are right about N'Dong and Lampe. I listed them wrong. I was writing so many names I just missed those. I actually lost D. Lavrinovic's listing too in the wrong place and amount and noticed it. I just did not notice those too.

Sam Emeterio will earn €1 million euros net next season, which is what this is a ranking of. After next season, he will earn €1.5 million net per season for the next 4 years. So he will be earning €1.5 per season after this season, but just €1.0 for next year.

Huertas will earn €1.8 next year. €1.8, €1.9, €1.9 is his contract.

Eidson's contract is listed as €1.4 million euros. Perhaps that is an error and it is really $1.4 million dollars, but the fact is that it is listed as €1.4 million euros. But it could be either way.

Rudy's deal with Real Madrid for €3 million per season is said to be brutto, not netto. If it is brutto, then that means it would be €1.8 net per season. So that is why I listed it that way.

If it turns out to be €3 million netto, then I will change it. But so far it is being reported as €3 million brutto, which means it would be €1.8 per season net.

Which incidentally, would make him equal to Navarro as the highest contract in ACB, at €1.8 net. Because Navarro's actual contract is in the €3 million gross, and the club does not have to pay his taxes as the contract is. But they do it as a courtesy, but could stop if they want to.

So maybe, Rudy's contract is the same. €3.0 gross (€1.8 net) and the club does not have to pay the taxes, but will do as a courtesy....with the ability to stop if they wanted. If it is, then I would change it to €3 net once he signed.

Or maybe, it is indeed €1.8 net (€3 gross) as the earlier reports indicate.

I have re double checked through the list for errors and I do not find any.

etc., etc. Eliyahu, Blue, Macvan, whomever. They do not have such huge salaries as a lot of the other clubs. But still, those are high salaries.

In Zalgiris, the signings from the NBA, Sonny Weems and Ty Lawson are both at €830,000 euros net income.

Nicolas Batum signed with SLUC Nancy for €180,000 euros net income.
          More or less OK with the whole message but the contract of marce is 7m-1'3=5'7 m for 4 years = 1'425m for year
          BARÇA O MUERTE

Comment

First of all,Jeremy Pargo,not Jannero.

Farmar €700,000 euros net income? the guy is getting $25K a month(45K tops)

Comment

I have no idea where these numbers are from but according to Israeli media Papaloukas is getting 400-500k$, Sofo's salary was told to be 650k€ last season and not 450 and Farmar is the weirdest thing here as it was said over here that his salary is 25k per month.. That's quite a big difference.
              Oh and Jeremy Pargo is in Maccabi not his brother Jannero

Comment

Sofo was just a typo. For some reason I can't just go back and edit my posts quickly after I make them, if there is a typo. It takes like 10 minutes to get an edit to go through. Does anyone else have this same problem?

Yes, it is €650,000 euros net for Sofo.

Papaloukas will earn €550,000 euros net in Maccabi and Farmar will earn €700,000 euros net in Maccabi.

You know I mean Jeremy. His brother just came to mind when I typed his name.

Comment

Sofo was just a typo. For some reason I can't just go back and edit my posts quickly after I make them, if there is a typo. It takes like 10 minutes to get an edit to go through. Does anyone else have this same problem?

Yes, it is €650,000 euros net for Sofo.

Papaloukas will earn €550,000 euros net in Maccabi and Farmar will earn €700,000 euros net in Maccabi.

You know I mean Jeremy. His brother just came to mind when I typed his name.
                  The numbers you said about Papa and Farmar were especially weird because I've read something different in sport5, and sport5 tends to be very reliable about Maccabi because one of Maccabi's owners also owns the site.

Comment

What about sources of this data?

Comment

Originally posted by Paweł View Post
                      What about sources of this data?
                      Seems like his own imagination..

Comment

I guess the source are various media rumors

Sato's contract was 1.8M but after the discussion and agreement with the owners, Sato will stay for less. Probably a lot less, aroun 1.1 (maximum 1.2)

Although it's strange that after Sato agreed to stay, there was no official confirmation of the new contract and new salary, it's common knowledge that the biggest paycut was proposed to Sato

Also, Aleks Maric is getting less than 1M net, around 800K

Comment

Originally posted by pohani komarac View Post
                          i wold say most of them get way more then they deserve
                          True,my very first though was exactly the same.
                          Even if you leave salaries the same,i would shuffle most of the names around.
                          But another natural question would be - what agencies/agents do they have?
                          Maybe there is a pattern?
                          And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information