Philadelphia 76ers Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philadelphia 76ers Thread

The Philadelphia 76ers was recently sold to the Apollo Global Management, LLC lead by Joshua Harris.

The 76ers hired Doug Collins last season as a new head coach and the prominent mentor lead the 76ers to the playoffs with a 41-41 record which was good enough to make it in the Eastern Conference as a 7th seed. The 76ers fell to the Miami HEAT in five games.

Last season saw the re-emergence of Elton Brand but the team lacked a legitimate center where the likes of Spencer Hawes and Tony Battie could not command the middle. On the 2011 NBA Draft, the 76ers addressed this deficit by drafting USC's center, Nikola Vucevic.

Prior to the lockout, there were rumors that Andre Iguodala was on the block and we will see if the 76ers do trade Iguodala after the lockout.

The 76ers last championship was in 1983 where the team was lead by Legends Julius "Dr. J" Erving, Moses Malone and Andrew Toney.

Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Philadephia 76ers Are Great

I really love what the 76ers are doing. Jrue Holiday looks like he is going to be a flat out superstar and I love the fact that he can play the game at different tempos. It will be interesting to see if they can replace the contribution of Quin Snyder. You hate to see Iguodala go but if it happens, it is just a part of the game today as hardly any NBA player plays for one team anymore in their career. Nikola Vucevic should give the team a better inside presence.
    Check out our website: SportsReport360
    Get the latest NBA News and Basketball Sports Report
    Looking for Global writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Originally posted by sportsreport360 View Post
      I really love what the 76ers are doing. Jrue Holiday looks like he is going to be a flat out superstar and I love the fact that he can play the game at different tempos. It will be interesting to see if they can replace the contribution of Quin Snyder. You hate to see Iguodala go but if it happens, it is just a part of the game today as hardly any NBA player plays for one team anymore in their career. Nikola Vucevic should give the team a better inside presence.
      For the 76ers, a good package for Iguodala is very vital for their current success. Iguodala's versatility will be missed. I have read so much trade scenarios about Iguodala and the Monta Ellis swap is just awful.

Among the scenarios, I like the Chris Kaman trade plus first round draft pick. This package gives the 76ers a chance for the 2012 Draft and another inside presence.
      Sacramento Kings

Comment

Andres Nocioni stated in an interview with La Nacion that prior to the lockout, an official from the Philadelphia 76ers told him that the front office are not looking to re-sign him.

La Nacion: And how do you see your future in the NBA?

Andres Nocioni: I don't know. The Sixers already said they don't want me. And now we're in a lockout. So I'll see what I'll do. Playing in Europe is a possibility.
        Nocioni is still under contract with the Sixers until the 2011-2012 Season that is worth $6.65 million. For the 2012-2013 Season, the Sixers have a Team Option worth $7.5 million.

The Lockout could cost the NBA Season or if the 2011-2012 Season is somehow restored, the Sixers can trade Nocioni's contract.
        Sacramento Kings

Comment

Sixers sticking together

Power Forward Elton Brand has organized a training schedule for several Sixers teammates that will be held in Los Angeles, CA next week. Andre Iguodala, Evan Turner, Lou Williams and a couple more of Sixers rookie and players will attend.
          Sacramento Kings

Comment

Philadelphia 76ers Nikola Vucevic is reported to be close to signing a professional contract with a team in Montenegro. No team name has been disclosed.

Sacramento Kings

Comment

Nikola Vucevic signed a one year deal with the Montenegro team, KK Buducnost Podgorica. The contract has an Out Clause where Vucevic can leave the team and sign with the Philadelphia 76ers after the lockout.
              Sacramento Kings

Comment

Wilt the Stilt

Today would have been the 75th Birthday of Wilt Chamberlain. He will be forever remembered as the man on breaking the eight consecutive title run of the Boston Celtics Dynasty.

Chamberlain lead a Philadelphia 76ers team featuring hall of famers Hal Greer and Billy Cunningham to upset the Boston Celtics in the 1967 Eastern Conference Finals 4-1.

In the 1967 NBA Finals, Chamberlain met his old team, the San Francisco Warriors lead by star center Nate Thurmond and Rick Barry. Sixers prevailed 4-2 in the series.

But 1967 would remember Chamberlain finally overcoming his arch rival, Bill Russell after so many years.

Sacramento Kings

Comment

Reserve forward Craig Brackins have signed a one year contract with the Israeli team, Maccabi Ashdod. The contract is one year.
                  Sacramento Kings

Comment

Philadelphia 76ers sophomore player Evan Turner is working on his shooting with famed mentor Herb Magee.

While Andre Iguodala stated in an interview with CSNphilly that he is not looking to play overseas at the moment but will look into that within the near future.

“I would have enjoyed going over there and playing but I have other things as far as the length of my contract and what is at stake for me makes that not a smart decision. I would have to have everything written in paper as far as being insured and being covered. As of now we are not at that crunch time where you have to make that decision but when it gets closer then I will know and that will never be off the table and I will always look at that option because I enjoy going overseas and just spending time there.”
                    Sacramento Kings

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
                      Power Forward Elton Brand has organized a training schedule for several Sixers teammates that will be held in Los Angeles, CA next week. Andre Iguodala, Evan Turner, Lou Williams and a couple more of Sixers rookie and players will attend.
                      76ers get together and play some hoops in Los Angeles
                      Sacramento Kings

Comment

Catching up with Head coach Doug Collins.

Business as usual for Sixers head coach Collins
                        Sacramento Kings

Comment

Re:

I think young will be in the D-League for most of this season. I think willams will get a good 20 minutes a game and could actually be a budding superstar.

Comment

Former Philadelphia 76ers star Allen Iverson has reached out to various NBA Trainers for a possible workout as Iverson is preparing his possible comeback for a team.
                            Sacramento Kings

Comment

Head coach Doug Collins have added former Charlotte Bobcats Assistant Coach Jeff Capel to his staff as an assistant coach.
                              Sacramento Kings

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information