2011-12 LKL rosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
    I think Kaunas "Baltai" has too many point guards ...... Kaunas could loan one of them, IMO.
    You meant Zalgiris,surely?
    They still can have ~25 minutes each per game,me thinks,no matter what position they play,which should be enough.
    And maybe sticking them together is not such bad idea either,if you think they would be playing for Zalgiris together some day.
    Or,if they play in the same team,this is simplest way to find out which one of them is more suitable for Zalgiris
    And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by auris1 View Post
      You meant Zalgiris,surely?
      They still can have ~25 minutes each per game,me thinks,no matter what position they play,which should be enough.
      And maybe sticking them together is not such bad idea either,if you think they would be playing for Zalgiris together some day.
      Or,if they play in the same team,this is simplest way to find out which one of them is more suitable for Zalgiris
      Not Žalgiris surely. There they wouldn't get any minutes, specially this season. Somewhere else, Rytas for example Plenty of teams in LKL that would gladly have one of them...
      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
      Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
        Not Žalgiris surely. There they wouldn't get any minutes, specially this season. Somewhere else, Rytas for example Plenty of teams in LKL that would gladly have one of them...
        This must be misunderstanding
        They are all signed with Zalgiris.
        Baltai?/Kaunas is Zalgiris' farm club.
        Right?

Comment

Rudupys is paying a harsh price for failing to progress in eurocup - with Salenga leaving for Zalgiris,and Sinica,well ,just leaving i guess.
          I have no doubt that loosing Salenga will affect the team big time.Semis in LKL now seems a bit far fetched.

Comment

Rudupis was off to a great start this season. They had many youngsters and few veterans and they already beat Rytas. These youngsters are rejects of Rytas and Zalgiris and their fast-paced offense is a threat to any team. Though Salenga left, I think this team will make it to semifinals, though will lose to Zalgiris or Rytas.

Comment

So Rudupys is on it again.
              Off he goes,M Kuzminskas to Poland,and here he comes back,Butkevicius from Zalgiris again.As the LKL rules goes,Rudupys can still register another 4 players up till march .
              I love the way rudupys management handles situation allowing players to drift away,yet attracting decent names again and again(plus,all the players are lithuanians).
              Salenga signing for Zalgiris?Urbutis going to Italy and Kuzminskas going back to Poland- that's really something(less Kuzminskas) - they all managed to get better money and teams.
              Not sure about Sinica.
              They got Labuckas too,so no matter what,they still look good for third.
              And another thing i like about them - they never complain/Look at Siauliai -big guy Bowles leaving,and all this crap and excuses regarding him being special player etc.

Comment

I was thinking Kuzminskas will be an exception, but no. He's rotting in Žalgiris (as all young talents). And he made a contract this year...
                LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                Buzelis, Lelevicius
                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by auris1 View Post
                  Rudupys is paying a harsh price for failing to progress in eurocup - with Salenga leaving for Zalgiris....
                  I have no doubt that loosing Salenga will affect the team big time.Semis in LKL now seems a bit far fetched.
                  But who or what did Rūdupis receive from Žalgiris for Dainius Šalenga?

Last edited by Hepcat; 04-30-2012, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
                    But who or what did Rūdupis receive from Žalgiris for Dainius Salenga?

Nothing at all. In the contract it was stated that D.Šalenga can leave the club if he gets a better offer until some specified (january? don't remember right now) date. Žalgiris offered a better contract. He left.
                    Girdėjau gandą - ateina lietūs

Comment

That kind of thing would never be allowed in any league in North America. The LKL should mandate compensation in such cases, in effect a trade of some sort. Otherwise the rich teams will just get stronger and poor teams can never rise to challenge the big boys. That's bad for the competitive balance of any league.

Comment

Well..otherwise it could have been much harder to sign him for Rūdupis. Šalenga knew he can play at higher level and he just needed a chance to show himself - he did that and Žalgiris added him then. Other weak teams which have no money can't do a thing to stop that...

By the way, as reported by some media today, Žalgiris wanted to add Rashaun Broadus of Šiauliai just like they did with Šalenga. However Šiauliai didn't let him leave while Žalgiris just wanted to take R.Broadus without paying compensation/buy-out or doing something like that.
                        I'm on twitter

Comment

It's not a good thing for either the LKL or Lithuanian basketball in general for Žalgiris and Lietuvos Rytas to completely dominate the LKL year after year. Changes should be made to introduce more competitive balance. Not allowing teams to raid each other's rosters with impunity would be a step in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by sagenas View Post
                            By the way, as reported by some media today, Žalgiris wanted to add Rashaun Broadus of Šiauliai just like they did with Šalenga. However Šiauliai didn't let him leave while Žalgiris just wanted to take R.Broadus without paying compensation/buy-out or doing something like that.
                            Not paying a compensation, who do they think they are? They think that they can just take any player?

Plus it's the playoffs. They CAN'T add anyone to their team.

EDIT: Regarding imbalance, I think this year, the competition was much more intense - Zalgiris lost to Siauliai, Rytas lost to Rudupis and Siauliai. Teams that are considered inferior to the two dominant teams are upsetting the good teams. So, based on this season, I think the competition has leveled out a bit.

Comment

They wanted to do that before the play-offs. Just it came out only now...

Well, Lietuvos Rytas lost to Kėdainiai Triobet, too. And Žalgiris lost one game to Rūdupis in the BBL quarterfinals.
                              I'm on twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information